Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Some pet updates

If you've been on the board for a while, you know about my greencheek conure Kiwi and that she's been laying eggs every summer since she was nine. Well she's twelve now and way ahead of schedule, she dropped her first egg of the year yesterday. So we have a month plus of hormonal parrot to look forward too, whee. And possibly a bald parrot if she plucks herself again. The upsides are that she's quieter when she's broody and also like ten times snugglier. But her poops are ten times bigger, lol.

The other update is that I got a new snake at a reptile show on Saturday. He is a baby California kingsnake and he's white with black streaks:

He's really fiesty and active, quite a change from Duchess the slug, lol. He's maybe a foot long, I'm not sure. I put aspen shavings in his tank and he has fun burrowing around and popping his little head out like a periscope. I've named him Auryn after the snake medallion in The Never Ending Story (specifically the novel, where one snake is white and the other black). I was originally going to name Duchess Auryn but it just didn't fit her and I went with something else. Anyways I hope he does okay, he's eaten once already and that's good.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote