Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #81
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Bloo being British was pretty awesome.

But the final climactic song being the exact same one they already played a couple times was... well, not climactic.

Also, this, along with Cheese A-Go-Go, is one of those episodes I wouldn't want to show to someone not familiar with Foster's because it makes it look like the show is all high-pitched screaming.

And "Taco Fiesta"? I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, BLOO. Surely you can come up with something more long and pretentious than that.

Last edited by kageri; 09-19-2007 at 08:18 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #82
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Okay, the lyrics I had questioned are really "I slip those bad boys on me, I totally forgot that you were so mean", instead of "They fit so perfect on me,
I totally forgot that you were so mean". Yay!

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #83
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I had noooooooo idea what that line was, thanks. Now I can sing along and not sound like an idiot when I get to that part!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #84
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

It would have been hard not to do an episode like this really where you can just throw in lots of music references like the movie references in the T-Rexatron ep. I'm looking foward to watching it again to see what I missed.

I quite liked Pizza Party but would like to have heard more material. For a moment I thought we might have a spin off on our hands like a sort of cartoon version of 'The Monkees' Show.* What an odd thing for a bunch of Imaginary Friends to sing about, though. Taco Fiesta were pretty good too. If they could carry it on for 20 minutes at a time they'd be a good support act for Steve Reich or Terry Riley.

Funnily enough I'd thought of Bootsy and George Clinton with regards to this episode but with regard to one of Bloo's outfits. His accent was just terrific.

Anyway, thanks for letting us see this and the other new episodes, Sparky.

*The Monkees - 60s Band created for a TV show. Argueably the first manufactured boy-band. The Monkees were about more than just the music, they stood for social and political upheaval.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #85
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Hooray for the Monkees! "Hey hey, we're the Monkees! And people say we monkey around!" "And then I saw her face (ah nahnahnahnahnah!), and I'm a believer!" "Cheer up sleepy Jean, oh what does it mean to be a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?"

Ok, sorry, back on topic.

I agree, instead of playing the same song three times, they should have played different songs. That would have been COOL! I've also humored the idea before that they might come out with a CD with the songs of Foster's, including of course the theme song, the Beatles song "All I need is a little help from my Friends" from the Thanksgiving float, the background music like the one where Bloo is dancing around with the pink elephant toy, the song from "Emancipation Complication", the silly folk song from the end credits of "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Herriman's rap, Cheesequest, and more. And now the songs from Pizza Party and Taco Fiesta. I'd buy it! Although I guess I can see how it wouldn't be very "big", and it would be risky investment. But I think that'd be cool. We can hope, right?
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #86
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Maybe us NF'ers could collaborate to put all those songs into mp3's and make them available for download? I have the equipment and software to do it.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #87
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'd buy it. I'd love it if they included the version of the Foster's theme they used during the battle with the extremeasaur in the pilot episode. That version really rocked!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #88
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I've also humored the idea before that they might come out with a CD with the songs of Foster's, including of course the theme song, the Beatles song "All I need is a little help from my Friends" from the Thanksgiving float, the background music like the one where Bloo is dancing around with the pink elephant toy, the song from "Emancipation Complication", the silly folk song from the end credits of "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Herriman's rap, Cheesequest, and more. And now the songs from Pizza Party and Taco Fiesta. I'd buy it!
Don't forget the songs from the Deo Variety Hour. That way, Kip is guaranteed a dedication on this thing.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #89
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

I'd buy a CD like that!

Anyway, this episode won't make it to my list of favourite episodes, but I did laugh. I never really expected this ep to be the one that was hinted at on Craig's blog. He said something like "an episode that will focus heavily on music" and I got my hopes up, waiting for a musical episode or even a rock opera. I'm pretty sure that this eppie is the one Craig was talking about, but even if that is true, then maybe, just maybe, one of the future seasons will... Blargh, I'm crazy. Go back to discussing the episode or a CD/downloads with Foster's music.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #90
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Did anyone get the joke when Bloo suggested that the band dress up like "sharks" or "cats?"

Last edited by Ridureyu; 12-29-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote