Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #11
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I agree with Wilt's arm & Bloo's haggling with Chip/Skip were funny. Would of been funnier with Rodney, since he's a "professional" haggler! :p
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I saw it. Pretty funny, actually- the fork really does look like his arm!
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #13
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I saw it... Ha, it was a cute commercial.

I think they should have done more with the Wilt thing. I mean, they just had him exclaim, "Hey!" and left it at that.

-Marty
Old 10-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

O.O Wow. That's...Kinda freaky...

Haha, it was an awesome bumper, though.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #15
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Aw, funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'm assuming that it was a prosthetic arm, designed to look like the real one, since I've always wondered why Wilt never got a prosthesis, but then again, they ARE really, really expensive. Maybe Madame Foster was holding the sale to raise money to buy him one, since he sure deserves a break like that(especially since they won't buy him a BED).

pitbulllady
That got me thinking. Would Wilt rather have a second arm or a long bed?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #16
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Given the choice, I'd want the arm. So would Wilt, I think, if only so that someone else can use the bed.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #17
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Given the choice, I'd want the arm. So would Wilt, I think, if only so that someone else can use the bed.
Yeah, if I'd had an arm amputated, and was given the choice between a prosthetic arm that actually worked, and a long bed, I'd go with the arm, but then, I'm 5' 2". Knowing Wilt, he'd just as soon let someone else have the bed, and reason that he could do even more to help people if he had two arms(even if only one was real).

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I think he was imagined that way. I'd take a bed, instead of sleeping on a wood floor for the rest of your life.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #19
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

It's strange how much the fork resembles his arm... it's even got tines like his fingertips, with the pads at the ends. I love Wilt's reaction to it, though!

Edit: AH, I just noticed something! Right after Edd says "This could house 73% of my gerbils!", you start to see something bronze in the screen, and whenever the view pans out, it looks like it's a trophy or statue of Wilt playing basketball... Maybe I'm just the last to notice this and thinking too much into it, but it DID spark my imagination.

What do you guys think? Foster's of course doesn't seem to have much of a basketball tournament going, so could it be something given to him outside the house, or even before he moved in?

Last edited by scary_dream; 10-09-2006 at 11:47 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:34 AM   #20
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I think he was imagined that way. I'd take a bed, instead of sleeping on a wood floor for the rest of your life.

It's actually pretty obvious that Wilt was NOT imagined that way-with a missing arm and a missing eye and scars on both sides of his face. For one thing, the official Cartoon Network character description of him says, "even though life has been rough to Wilt...", which indicates some really dark times in his past. Wilt refers to himself as "broken" in the pilot; now if something is broken, that means it once was whole, and no longer is. I've often used the analogy of a snake not having ANY limbs by default, yet we know that's normal and don't think of snakes as "broken" because of it, anymore than we think of ourselves as "broken" for lacking wings by default. We were made that way, but if a bird is missing a wing, we know that something is wrong. That bird is, in that sense, broken, since it's not normal for a bird to be missing a wing. It's not normal for Wilt to be missing an arm and an eye, either, and he knows it. Wilt also gives some clues that he was not made that way in the pilot. After the first meeting of him with Mac and Bloo, when Bloo tells him that he should play basketball, he says(rather nervously, with obvious hesitation), "Oh...well, I used to...you know...uh, how about that tour?" As he says this, he wiggles his stump of an arm, and sort of gestures towards it with his head, as if to indicate that THIS is the reason he no longer plays basketball(not competitively, at least), then abruptly changes the subject, making it clear that this is not a topic he's comfortable with. If he had always had just one arm and one eye, he'd have no reason to feel that way. In the early concept drawings of Wilt that Craig has up on his blog, he has several of various incarnations of Wilt still in bandages, with far more injuries than he's shown with now, PLUS he has one that is identical to the current familiar Wilt, but with BOTH eyes and BOTH arms and no scars on his face, to compare with the current Wilt-Before, and After.

Besides, it would make no sense whatsoever, not even considering that Wilt was created by a child, for that child to create an Imaginary Friend to play basketball, and yet create him with a missing arm and missing eye, which would hardly contribute to his basketball playing success. Even children's logic is more sound than that.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 10-10-2006 at 04:35 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote