Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #71
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Spoiler Below
I was surprised Bloo's Spinal Tap "pod" opened so easily!
Lol, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

This is very easily my favourite episode of Season Five thus far (and I've barely scratched the surface as far as that's concerned). The vast array of music references certainly didn't go amiss, and it was nice to see some of the more minor IFs get their turn in the spotlight - I remember commenting after reading her page in the "Gallery of Friends" that I wanted to see more of Fluffer Nutter's wilder side in future episodes, and that whim was finally answered here. Though this episode quite blatantly belonged to Bloppy Pants. That, and Bloo's mockney accent.

Admittedly, I wasn't wild about the "Designer Jeans" number - not quite my taste in music, I'm afraid...frankly, Wilt, Ed and Coco's "Potatoes" mantra was a lot more interesting and experimental - but it served its purpose.

Oh yes, and Wilt looked absolutely dazzling in his climatic get-up..Bootsy Collins, was it, PBL? Thanks, I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Though I can't say I quite get all the hoopla over catching a brief glimpse of him in the bath tub...I mean, don't we get to see him naked in every episode?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-16-2007 at 05:42 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #72
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Lol, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

This is very easily my favourite episode of Season Five thus far (and I've barely scratched the surface as far as that's concerned). The vast array of music references certainly didn't go amiss, and it was nice to see some of the more minor IFs get their turn in the spotlight - I remember commenting after reading her page in the "Gallery of Friends" that I wanted to see more of Fluffer Nutter's wilder side in future episodes, and that whim was finally answered here. Though this episode quite blatantly belonged to Bloppy Pants. That, and Bloo's mockney accent.

Admittedly, I wasn't wild about the "Designer Jeans" number - not quite my taste in music, I'm afraid...frankly, Wilt, Ed and Coco's "Potatoes" mantra was a lot more interesting and experimental - but it served its purpose.

Oh yes, and Wilt looked absolutely dazzling in his climatic get-up..Bootsy Collins, was it, PBL? Thanks, I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Though I can't say I quite get all the hoopla over catching a brief glimpse of him in the bath tub...I mean, don't we get to see him naked in every episode?
Go Google up some images of Bootsy Collins, and you'll see what I mean! That top hat, star shades, platform shoes(does Wilt REALLY need platform shoes?) and outrageous costumes were his trademark. The main difference, of course, is that Bootsy is a bassist, and Wilt played keyboard, but I guess with Wilt's large hand, he's able to span most of the keys so he can pull it off much easier than playing bass. Besides, Yogi Booboo has the bassline nailed down, anyway. Bootsy's main recording popularity would have been during the era that Wilt was created, so Wilt would no doubt be familiar with him.

You can actually go to Bootsy's homepage at http://www.bootsycollins.com and if you click on "store", you car order your own white sequined top hat and a pair of star shades, so you TOO, can dress like Wilt!

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 09-16-2007 at 12:41 PM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #73
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
"Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

"But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!"
Nice This is Spinal Tap reference there.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #74
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
Nice This is Spinal Tap reference there.
It seemed appropriate, as they themselves went with a Spinal Tap reference or two in the episode as well.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #75
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!
Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

These go to 11.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #76
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Yay, I'm relaxed again, and managed to see this episode where I could actually enjoy it! So I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. I didn't find it quite as funny as the others, but that in no way means it didn't have its funny moments, or it wasn't great. I personally thought playing the song three times (or 2 1/2 times at least) might have been a bit over done. I wouldn't have minded the song playing in the background during one or two of those times, and a funny situation happening in the foreground or something. The last performance of the song was great, with the whole gang joining along, and helping Bloo recover from his crash and burn. That was awesome! But it would have been even greater if they hadn't played the song twice already. But Bloo trying to impersonate one of the KISS members was fun and what he did to Frankie's room, calling it his "crib" was just too funny! Like most everyone else stated, the song was fun and it's stuck in my head now. And Yay for the return of Goo! I personally think it's a great addition to my favorite show. And I think season 5 is going great so far.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #77
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Okay, I'm trying to get everything that was said in the "Talk to the Jeans" song.

Quote:
"Talk to the Jeans"

Performed by: Pizza Party

Verse 1:

I tried to call you,
I even pop by.

You completely ignored me,
and left with some other guy.

Alone and heartbroken,
I went to the mall.

I saw an amazing thing,
hanging up on the wall.

Chorus (2x):

The sweetest pair of denim,
designer jeans you've ever seen.

They fit so perfect on me,
I totally forgot that you were so mean.

Verse 2:

Now all of a sudden,
you call, like, three times a day.

I'm not...crawling back now,
these jeans are walking away.

Chorus:

I totally forgot that you were so mean.

now you can see I'm a love machine.
I don't think the lyrics "they fit so perfect on me" are correct, but that's what I got for the Closed Captioning. I believe the rest of the lyrics are correct.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #78
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
So, who KNEW that Bloppy Pants was imagined by Smashing Pumpkins' lead singer, Billy Corgan?
So, does that mean this dude is supposed to be Billy Corgan? O_o I'm not familiar with old bands myself so yeah, I probably am not going to get half this episode when I watch it tomorrow.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #79
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
So, does that mean this dude is supposed to be Billy Corgan? O_o I'm not familiar with old bands myself so yeah, I probably am not going to get half this episode when I watch it tomorrow.
Well, no-he's a bit too old, and I was joking about Bloppy Pants having been created by the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins, because that's who he sounds and acts like. Billy Corgan is usually very subdued and shy during interviews to the point of being neurotic, and has that habit of wringing his hands and fussing with his clothes and has difficulty looking another person in the eye, except when he's on stage.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #80
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Okay I finally got to watch this episode... It was... painful x__x;; Mainly Bloo's voice-acting. I think someone else mentioned this before, but it pretty much sounded like he was screaming all his lines in this one.

And Taco Fiesta's song was -extremely- painful to look at and listen to XDDD Oh gods, their faces. Their FACES. And Wilt just slamming on the keyboard with his stump. >__>;

But oh I died at the video they put together of Bloo and his various outfits, talking like he was some punk singer or something and his COMPLETELY TRASHING FRANKIE'S ROOM. XDD I saw the computer table and I was like, "OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO." XDD

The ending I felt was kind of rushed though? I mean Bloo was being nice and all that, but the Taco Fiesta group still looked kind of down for some reason. I thought it might be because Bloo was praising Pizza Party and not the team he originally founded AND roped into singing the concert. And then it ended with Frankie being mad that the house got burnt down. >__>; the ending was a bit... meh, for me.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote