Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #241
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

That sounded pretty awesome, a shame it never came to be. The so called "sibling rivalry" between Frankendad and Herriman was simply fraught with so much comedic potential, that the mere thought of it alone, is enough to bring a smile to my lips.

Oh well as Lynnie said, maybe one day we can see this all play out in some kind of reunion special or if that isn't possible I would love to see a brilliant mind tackle that issue in some kind of fan ficy type thing.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #242
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place (and so much for that ridiculous "dead parents" theory). That would've made an excellent movie, too; I'd love to have seen how she gets along with the rest of her family, how they'd react to Bloo (or Cheese, for that matter), and whether or not she'd tell them about her own missing Imaginary Friend. Mr. Herriman vs. her father would've been a riot to see, not to mention her nephew's meeting with Bloo and the gang. They've got to use some of this in a reunion special!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #243
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

This is definitely a surprise - and a pleasant one knowing a little more about Frankie. Sounds like Mr. Foster is a real insensitive jerkface (sorry ORD), with no emotions or soul. I am so glad Frankie gets her child like behavior from her "granny." If I had a family like that - I would have left them ages ago.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #244
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I don't really see her family as being that insensitive or mean. Stubborn perhaps. I mean, I'm picturing Mr. Foster growing up with Mr. Herriman as an "older brother" as Lauren put it, being bossed around much like Mr. H does with Frankie now. Her dad became to think that IFs would all be like Mr. H, and nothing but a bother. I can see why he wouldn't want his daughters to have IFs so he'd have to deal with them even after he had moved out of his mother's house and had his own family. I can certainly see him with a sensitive side. It's just turned off when concerning IFs after what he went through during childhood.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #245
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I don't really see her family as being that insensitive or mean. Stubborn perhaps. I mean, I'm picturing Mr. Foster growing up with Mr. Herriman as an "older brother" as Lauren put it, being bossed around much like Mr. H does with Frankie now. Her dad became to think that IFs would all be like Mr. H, and nothing but a bother. I can see why he wouldn't want his daughters to have IFs so he'd have to deal with them even after he had moved out of his mother's house and had his own family. I can certainly see him with a sensitive side. It's just turned off when concerning IFs after what he went through during childhood.
Maybe I should have backed off on her dad. But I feel anyone who is not a friend of IF's - is not a friend of mine!

Last edited by Howard; 07-11-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #246
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

You've read my take on Frankie's dad in the Sims thread. That version fits pretty well with what else we know. Mr. Herriman "razzing" him doesn't strike me as necessarily bossy, though; it sounds more like teasing, like what I did with my younger brother. It might suggest that Mr. Herriman has a more playful side that we don't get to see.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #247
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Send a message via MSN to PeterFoster111
Default I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy View Post
It's a shame Fosters ended before there was time for that story to be revealed...I wonder what her friend looks like, or if they will ever find Frankie again for that matter.......
Sparky made up a friend in the text adventure game "Cheese, go home!" called Kathy. Herriman won't let her go to the fair if she can't get Cheese to go away before 6:00.
PeterFoster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #248
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

That was interesting information, Lynnie, thanks for sharing. Actually, what particularly stood out there for me was the line about Madame Foster's husband, and about how no thought was ever given to him. I don't know if I've ever said this before, but I've always had a very hard time actually picturing Madame Foster ever being married to a human man. For all intents and purposes, Mr. H appears to be her significant other - which is NOT to suggest that I see them as being in anyway romantically involved, just that they're a very tight, functional couple, and it's hard to picture a third individual fitting into that. True, Madame Foster does have a son, but that in itself isn't proof that she ever had a husband at any point. In my mind, I guess he'll always be this phantom figure who kind of exists and yet kind of doesn't at the same time.

As for Frankie's parents, I see them as being kind of like parents who won't allow their to children keep pets. It may seem like a pretty mean thing to enforce if it's something that the child really wants, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad people.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #249
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

From the show's opening credits:

Note the picture next to Mr. Herriman. There has been some speculation that the person in the pic might be Madame Foster's husband. I don't know if it is him or not but it is a possibility.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 AM   #250
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFoster111 View Post
Sparky made up a friend in the text adventure game "Cheese, go home!" called Kathy. Herriman won't let her go to the fair if she can't get Cheese to go away before 6:00.
Kathy wasn't a fan created character, she actually was mentioned in a couple of episodes (And seen for a second or two in one of them.) The first being "Frankie My Dear" and the second being "Bus the Two of Us."

In fact if you click on the link below...

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/407-0023.jpg

That is supposed to be her right there, the story goes that the character design and name is based off of one of Lauren's high school friends.

So there you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
From the show's opening credits:

Note the picture next to Mr. Herriman. There has been some speculation that the person in the pic might be Madame Foster's husband. I don't know if it is him or not but it is a possibility.
Either it's Mr. Foster or Madame Foster had somehow acquired the portrait of Dorian Gray.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote