Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #121
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
One idea I like is bringing in a temp not because Frankie needs a vacation (although she certainly deserves one) but because there's extra work that month. Who knows why; maybe there's storm damage to the house (or Bloo damage) that needs to be cleaned up, an extra hundred IF's to look after when Goo has a brain spasm, whatever the reason, the next month will be a rough one. Frankie demands that Mr. Herriman hire her an assistant "Or else", waives the broom in a threatening manor, and he gives in. They end up with someone doing community service but it's not an arrogant rich brat, no; it's Terrence, who was busted for selling bootleg Coco cards. Lots of comic possibilities there as the IF's know him and conspire to make his stay at Foster's a difficult one. Frankie supervises his work and makes sure that Terrence learns about how the IF's are happy but lonely, all wanting to be adopted, some still hurting over being abandoned by their creators, and eventually he breaks down and speaks to Frankie of his own lonliness and how he feels abandon by his father. Frankie's sympathetic side comes out and we learn about her own issues in that area. They don't exactly become friends but they do understand each other a little better, and Terrence, having found a little understanding, works harder and gets the job done. Frankie arranges for Terrence to see Red and the family who adopted him and they work out their differences. The episode ends with Terrence thanking Frankie for listening and putting up with him; she smiles, pats him on the shoulder, and says, "It's what I do." Lots of comedy early in the episode, moving to something a little more poignant later on, with much of the focus on Frankie. That's Foster's at it's best.
That was a fan-fic. You've wandered into fan-fic territory there, just short of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
Nice fan-fic Cass!
However if Terrence is de-jerkified if only a bit, the doors of chaos are flung open. Would he then become a better friend to Mac? How would that affect the Mac-Bloo partnership?

As for the Frankie background story, well there is a gap there that dosn't affect anything else in the Fosters continuum if filled. Yes there is potential for more work in the Frankie's parents area maybe comparing their ideas, behaviour or views on IFs with Frankie's and Madame Foster's. I know from experience that all sorts of inherited tendencies jump a generation. Hmmmm yes.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #122
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I agree, that Terrence working at Foster's idea would make for an awesome fan-fic or even an actual episode of the show, it contains the perfect mixture of comedy and heart.

Though if it was an actual episode, dollars to doughnuts says they'll more then likely find a way to return things to the status quo before the episode is even over.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #123
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

It's a great idea, Cassini, but Koosie and Taranchula may have a point. But my biggest concern would be the show boiling down to yet another crush-fest on Frankie. But I do like the idea of Frankie somehow being a positive influence on Terrance.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #124
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah in that fic series I was working on about Terrence he was going to wind up working at the House for a while (starting in the stables) and being befriended by Frankie. It's fan-fic fodder. The reason I abandoned those stories is because I realised that the whole reason I even started writing them was because I had been reading too much fan-fic and not watching enough of the show. Nothing I wrote about would work well in the actual show. I've come to love the character of Terrence as he really is, and if they de-jerkified him it would basically ruin him. I do think it would be good if we could get an idea that he might improve as a person in some kind of show finale, but I don't think it should happen while the show is still going on. His character is not *meant* to be anything but a jerk; that's who he is, that's his role in the show.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #125
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I agree that that would be a mega-awesome-riffic fanfic!

Also, just because Terrence is tolerable wouldn't make him not a jerk. I mean, look at Bloo!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #126
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I don't see Frankie befriending Terrence. It's already been established she doesn't like him, I think in the Duchess episode where she lives next door to Mac.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #127
don Jaime
Settling In

Yeah, Mac's friends don't care for Terrence much and Terrence seems to have his own friends. I don't see them crossing paths.

Maybe there could be an episode where Frankie moves out to her own apartment, but comes back because she's lonely living alone. Writing for just one character without others to interact with is a big challenge, though.
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #128
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Frankie is too smart to move out on her own (she has an old victorian house to inherit if Madame Foster passes away - no mortgage). Terrence will have to practically walk on water to even get a "job well done" from Frankie.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #129
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I agree, that Terrence working at Foster's idea would make for an awesome fan-fic or even an actual episode of the show, it contains the perfect mixture of comedy and heart.

Though if it was an actual episode, dollars to doughnuts says they'll more then likely find a way to return things to the status quo before the episode is even over.
I'd watch this as an episode or read it as a fic. Terrence working at Foster's for ANY reason invites entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
It's a great idea, Cassini, but Koosie and Taranchula may have a point. But my biggest concern would be the show boiling down to yet another crush-fest on Frankie. But I do like the idea of Frankie somehow being a positive influence on Terrance.
There is definately that point of the decision to return everything back to normal, which could be a bit of a stickier-than-pine-sap situation. But I don't necessarilly see a repeat of Frankie My Dear should Terrence work at the house for any length of time. It would be interesting to see how Frankie influences him though...

I dunno-- I'd like to see it happen, but I'm rather impartial to plot. Does that make me a hippocrite? <sp?>

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #130
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

When I dreamed up this idea the thoughts of Terrence developing a crush on Frankie or becoming "de-jerkified" never occurred to me. The former isn't consistent with either Terrence's character or the show's premise, and the latter, well, I never intended for him to become any less of a jerk; the idea was to gain a little understanding of why he's a jerk. I don't see him ever really changing in the slightest until possibly the final episode, if even then.

If anyone wants to write it go ahead but don't look at me; you know full well that if I were to write it the focus would be more on Frankie than any other character, same as the other stories I've written. After all, I am a Frankie fan, y'know.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote