Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Smile The Frankie Foster discussion thread

This thread is for discussions about Frankie; her life, her job, her hobbies, etc. Think of it as an "intellectual" thread; posts about why we like her should go in the Frankie Foster appreciation thread, to be started shortly.

We had been talking about whether or not Frankie plays video games, so let's pick up where we left off in the old thread. I can't really say much on this, as I don't play video games other than the Sims 2, but they strike me as something she'd get into, perhaps more out of necessity than anything else. What with all the work she has to do in the house, she'd probably be reluctant to travel too far away, or for too long, lest disaster strike; video games would, I think, be a great way to have some fun without being away from either home or job. Which ones she'd get into is another matter; not long-term games, I don't think, nor do I think she'd get much out of combat-oriented games, either. You guys know more about this than I do; what's your opinion?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-01-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling error corrected.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I touched about this in the old thread too (of which I do want to say sorry if I ever contributed to anything that happened), but I never found Frankie to be a hardcore gamer and by hardcore, I mean like games like Sims or RPGs, or combat games like Ghost recon etc.

To me, I think Frankie would like simple games like blasters or something like that. I personally think she spends most of her online time chatting to her friends, I think this would probably explain why we don't see much of her friends or hear much of them.

I also think this because Frankie is almost constantly confined to Fosters, outside of her living there, her job makes it nearly impossible for her to leave that often outside of simple food runs. I believe Frankie spends alot of time chatting with her friends which could also lend to the insecurity thing.

I mentioned this before about how I thought Frankie felt a little insecure about her cooks as per her vastly dazzling assortment of clothes that she wasted on the jack ass Dylan in "Frankie my dear". That, and the whole commentary thing from the DVD but that's kind of another issue.

Anyways that's how i feel about it and I just wanted to say I'm happy to be apart of this new Frankie thread.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Love the new Frankie thread, Cass! Anyway, I think Frankie would be more of a casual gamer. We know that she played that game in "Bye Bye Nerdy", so due to that and her busy life, I would say that she probably plays the "pck-up and play" type games. I think she's wouldn't feel that she has the time time to play anything that takes a timely investment like an RPG. Of course, by all we know, she could be an avid Sims player.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

She'd probably play Flash games on the net. If she didn't have the time for other games (like Grand Theft Auto or Doom), she'd play the Flash online games.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

This may be wishful thinking, but I think Frankie would enjoy the Pokemon games. They're awesome fun, plus, she willingly works with IFs all day, I can assume she has a soft spot for them.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Another way she might relax and unwind is by simply watching TV. We know Frankie watches The Loved And The Loveless, but other than that I don't know if she'd get into soap operas that much; it'd be hard to keep up with the storyline if she missed an episode, and you know she'd miss at least one every week (and we all know why )

Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

I noticed that Frankie is also athletic (from her Coco Card, and the way she demonstrated to Bloo what her Grandmother did in BTB, ending with a split). She probably enjoys a game of softball, or even vollyball (beach type) every now and then.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I've always assumed she's fairly active, or at least doesn't mind a little exercise; stars know she gets enough just by cleaning that huge house every day. I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.
That is why she gave Herriman his old job back as house president!
(Plus a carrot bonus wouldn't cut it.)
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I've always assumed she's fairly active, or at least doesn't mind a little exercise; stars know she gets enough just by cleaning that huge house every day. I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.
Maybe they could do an episode where she does get a job like that and eventually gets so bored that she starts wanting to scrub floors like she used to. Of course that would involve her quitting her job at Foster's for some reason, and she wouldn't do that, but still.