Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #61
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Hah yeah... I get paranoid because I have experienced stuff like my house and job, and while it isn't bothersome, it is still a little creepy when I'm alone. My imagination starts to run wild, and the next thing I know, I've got all the lights on in the house and leaving rooms backwards in case anything decides to come out after me.

Nobody is better at scaring me than me.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #62
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

In my house I hear some strange noises at night... Like some weird tapping sounds and footsteps. My curtains also moves around sometimes.

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #63
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

Whoa, creepy stories...

Know that feeling when some light flashes at you and you see it through your closed eyelids? Well... it happened like 3 or 4 times that I was about to doze off, when I distinctly heard the click of an old-style camera and saw the flash; of course I was full awake immediately after. I was not sleeping, I'm sure 100%, but it last happened a few nights ago - and I'm not even home these days! It scares the hell out of me, though I am not really afraid of ghosts, since I met a friendly one.

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #64
Xroc88
At Home

Lets get extra-terrestrial.

http://10-14-08.blogspot.com/
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #65
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I know it wasn't supernatural, but a few weeks ago I could have sworn I could hear my computer making noises in the middle of the night, when I knew for a fact it was in hibernation mode, and being a laptop, folded closed. I'm sure it was a dream, but the sounds sounded so real in my ears, I woke up and for some time I just lay there wondering "What the...?" It was kind of creepy because I was in bed, yet it was making noises as if I were on it. Was someone/something else on it?? When I got up the next morning, yup, there was my computer just where I left it, hibernating and folded up. It was still really weird though.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #66
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

My guest room is the coldest spot in the house; and at night (and wee hours of the morning) there are loud creaks that come from there. When I took a picture of my guitar collection in the livingroom - I captured 4 orbs of various sizes floating above me. I did NOT alter the photo.

Last edited by Howard; 10-04-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #67
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

As coincidence, it's been a perfect year since this thread has last been posted in. I swear, I didn't plan this. A bot was looking at this thread, so I decided to look and read it the whole way through and I'm suddenly reminded again that it's October now! Whoo hoo! I can go ahead and share some other stories other than my computer story two posts ago.

I worked at a certified nursing assistant for many years after high school. And the nursing home I worked at the longest while living in Albuquerque, New Mexico was said to be haunted by an old lady who use to be a resident there. And she stuck near the wing where she lived. Many of the night nurses and aids told stories of how they saw her walking down the hallway, and when they went to check to see if she needed help with something, there was no one there and all the other residents were fast asleep in their beds. There were a few reports of seeing her sitting on a bench out in the courtyard. The courtyard was completely surrounded by the building, so residents were free to go outside and walk around without any danger of wandering off. But at night the door to the courtyard was still locked. So when someone would see her out there, they'd check, and find the door was securely locked. I personally never experienced anything (I think the entity was smart and knew not to mess with me ), but I do remember hearing tapping on the courtyard windows when there was no one there, or even any plants or trees close enough to the glass to hit it when the wind blew. And while walking down one of the hallways, I'd commonly walk through a cold spot. And that cold spot was never in the same place twice.

I lived in San Antonio, Texas for a while, and there's a haunting story about a school bus that had a run in with a train somewhere in the city. Many of the children on the bus were killed. My family never went out to the spot to see it for ourselves, but it's said that if you stop your car over the tracks and put it in neutral, it will mysteriously move forward until it's clear of the tracks. One of the TV stations tried this once and put talcum powder on their rear bumper before they tried it. After the car stopped moving, they looked at the rear bumper, and they could clearly see a few hand prints in the talcum powder.

And as for a non-ghost related story that involves me personally, when I was in college, I had recurring dreams of my best friend being abused and then a few where she was pregnant. They scared me, especially after having so many of them in a matter of months, but I never told anyone of them. Later that fall when school started again, I moved back to where my best friends were living, and I learned my best friend was pregnant. Turns out her boyfriend earlier that year had been abusive and had date-raped her. She decided it was such horrifying news, she only told the people she knew she couldn't hide the pregnancy from (those she saw in person on a regular basis), so she had never told me anything. But somehow I guess my subconscious knew it. And what makes it stranger, I learned the dreams started around the time she first met the guy. I still remember the goosebumps I got when I learned all this.

-The last story has a happy ending though. My "nephew" is now 11 years old, and his mom has been married to a wonderful man for over a year now.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #68
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I think I have mentioned this before. The guestroom in my house (which I now occupy - long story), is possibly haunted. My dog has barked at nobody in particular in this room. Sometimes he will look right past me at one of the walls or corners. Unitl recently, it has been the coldest place in the house. As far as incidents, my bed has shaken gently (with me in it), like somebody trying to sit down, or apply pressure with their hand.

As far as research goes - I found nothing about this property (no deaths, murders, etc), except the tax and deed info. Nothing else exists other than the fact that we are a hop, skip, and a jump from the Res (Reservation).

I think since I moved into this room, things have been calmer.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote