Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #481
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
I know your pain, HWH, I too had to wear a backbrace. Now, it's my cousin's turn to wear one for five years.

How ironic: I sent a letter to T.K. in which I also warned him for kyphosis (I mean, he's slightly hunched over, himself, so it'd be good to monitor his kids on that particular point) and half a year later, my cousin was diagnosed with Kyphosis.
Oh yeah, I had to deal with kyphosis and scoliosis. But I ended up having to have a spinal fusion, even after wearing that dreaded thing. But good luck with your cousin, I hope they end up correcting it.And get on them about doing their therapy, they need to make their muscles stronger.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #482
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

I myself had a scoliosis... the curve was at heart-height and it also turned inwards, so it pressed against my heart and lung. I also got a surgery!

Anyhoo, my cousin is a real sportsman, so he won't mind doing his therapy
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #483
creamz06
Kissing Tiny Flowers

?  

Send a message via Yahoo to creamz06

The school that I go to has been closed permanently due to lack of students and money. I recently graduated 8th grade, which was on the 16th of this month.

On last day of school, my friend brought in her Wii. Got to play on it for a long time.

We got to see a Blackhawk helicopter. It flew over us when taking pictures of the entire school, and I mean students and staff standing outside, while we all made the letter I. I think we were going to do IHS, but we didn't... not sure why. I got a few pictures of the 'copter, but I can't get my camera developed anytime soon. We all got to see it up close. I even got to sit in it. It was pretty cool.

We got to have ice cream. It was good.

Then the color guard was supposed to take our flag down for the last time, but they weren't here, so two (?) students took it down and folded it properly.

When I was getting ready to leave, I needed hugs from two teachers. Once I left the building, I started crying. It was hard for me, since I went to the school for about 9 years (k-8). I have to do my 4 years of high school somewhere else.

I wish the school didn't close.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #484
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

There's a number of schools in my area that are closing permanently too.I'm sure it's happening all over the country. It's very sad.

My sis is graduating from high school next weekend. It's going to be fun! I'll try to take some pictures.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #485
creamz06
Kissing Tiny Flowers

?  

Send a message via Yahoo to creamz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
There's a number of schools in my area that are closing permanently too.I'm sure it's happening all over the country. It's very sad.

My sis is graduating from high school next weekend. It's going to be fun! I'll try to take some pictures.
There were a few schools in the state that I live in that have closed within the past year. I think everyone in the town knew that this was going to happen.

I was going to be the next one to graduate in my family. My sister graduated already... back in 1995.