Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #31
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Okay here's the video of the episode recorded via camcorder off of the CN site:

Say It Isn't Sew (CN site version)
Many thanks Sparky D/Ling it now (btw thank you for The Buck Swaps Here as well! I forgot to before :O)
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #32
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Ooooooooh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!! This episode was pretty good, not as good as the ones previously seen this season, though. What really made it for me was
Spoiler Below
Mac's "Ha!" Brilliance. The middle was a bit of a slouch, but still, a solid ep. The whole way through I was expecting to hear "I like the fair." . Ah, well. And does Jackie seem to dislike Wilt, or am I imagining things? I also loved Madame Foster's just desserts. She pretty well deserved it.

BTW, I passed the 100 mark! Woohoo! I'm at home!
I wouldn't say that Jackie dislikes Wilt, I suppose it's because they're just so different, personality wise. Wilt's very optimistic, and Jackie seems to have a bit of a 'Don't give a toss' attitude. It kinda sounds like me and this girl in my class at school, who can be annoyingly cheerful and although I don't say anything about it, unlike Jackie, it bugs me to no end. I don't dislike her though.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #33
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I wouldn't say that Jackie dislikes Wilt, I suppose it's because they're just so different, personality wise. Wilt's very optimistic, and Jackie seems to have a bit of a 'Don't give a toss' attitude. It kinda sounds like me and this girl in my class at school, who can be annoyingly cheerful and although I don't say anything about it, unlike Jackie, it bugs me to no end. I don't dislike her though.
I think that Jackie just has his drawers in a wad over that whole sandwich thing from "Cheese A Go-Go". Wilt DID serve, albeit unsuccessfully, as the attorney for Madame Foster, whom was the defendant against Jackie's claim of sandwich theft. Either that, or Jackie is being unforgiving over the "'tater salad in the lemonade" incident, which even I have to agree-"that just ain't RIGHT!" I guess when you're an eighteen-inch tall green stick with an eyeball for a head, you would tend to be a bit defensive sometimes.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 05-24-2007 at 09:31 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #34
hedgemaniac
Newly Abandoned

Proud Foster's Fan.  

Just saw the episode on CN Video. It was SO funny how Bloo always hums throughout the episode.

DADADADADADADADA! DADADADADA!
hedgemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #35
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

When's the airdate? I missed it on CN Video.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #36
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Tomorrow (Friday 6/8) at 7 and 10 ET/PT.

And thank you, Cassini for closing the "Loom of One's Own" thread and directing them here!

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 06-07-2007 at 03:10 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #37
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I saw it and I frankly to me it was more like "Yeah......what's next". I mean I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket over this but really, I didn't find this episode to go above the call of duty and provide anything amazing. To me, this was an average episode and above all a very WEIRD episode at that.

The whole idea Bloo would eagerly dump Mac to go for a quicker and faster means to the ride makes perfect sense, as does Foster's utterly odd obsession of spending every waking hour and second in that sewing store. I felt her warped view of the "buddy system" to be a very fitting ironic story foil for Bloo.

Truly he had no idea what Madame Foster said or felt when the whole buddy thing came up. I think Bloo had some actually clever escape routes with the sewing the balloon, the crosswalk (love that duck family gag ), and creating a pillow cover for the store bell so Madame Foster wouldn't hear him leaving.

Shacking up Jackie and Wilt was just plain funny, knowing there both voiced by Phil Lamarr just made their bizarre interactions all the more interesting to see, especially when Jackie mocked Wilt "is THAT okay?". I also enjoyed Mac's little roller coaster impression, it was a weird and interesting little thing to see.

But for me, this episode suffered the same thing that actually made "Cheese a go-go" and "Buck swaps here" good: entertainment. This episode really just wasn't that funny. It wasn't exciting, or story driven or funny or crazy fun, it was just....average. I wouldn't call this a real gut buster in the least sense.

Now i know not every episode is supposed to be utterly hilarious, I just didn't find this entertaining in much of any kind of value, it was just an okay episode for me. I mean sure the "wa-wa" reference joke was clever and Bloo being screaming and squealing in the beginning was good for a chuckle or two.

But all in all, this was nothing superb or amazing to me. Go-go and Buck kept my interest for much longer and were alot funnier and interesting to actually watch, this one just seemed like a semi-clever joke that failed to produce humor that was nothing more then ordinary stuff.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #38
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

This is still, for me, the funniest episode so far in this season. I can totally relate to Bloo's predicament, right down to him imagining that he was trapped in the very flaming bowels of Hell itself, having been in almost the exact same situation more than once as a child! There is no fate worse, when you're six or so, than being stuck in a fabric store with an old lady! The movie references, especially to Groundhog Day, were hilarious! I also loved how both Bloo AND Madame Foster wound up getting their "just desserts", so to speak-him for ditching Mac in favor of faster transportation,a nd HER for having to pay for all the stuff Bloo uses or destroys in his escape attempt! I kinda felt sorry for that little dude who wound up being Mac's "buddy", though, since he obviously didn't share Mac's enthusiasm for the "Vomit Comet", and I'm totally with him on that! I loved the way that the scenes kept showing of the group at the fair, so that you were never sure if that's what was REALLY happening, or if it was simply how Bloo, stuck in the fabric store, was imagining it was happening, since he couldn't actually be there. The duck scene was hilarious, too(but WHY was a MALE mallard leading the chicks?), and of course it couldn't get TOO cutesy-wootsy without Bloo whacking that slow-poke duckling with the sign to hurry it up across the street, in keeping with the sometimes-irreverent sense of humor the show's writers have been known to display!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #39
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

I totally felt sorry for bloo!
I was angry, man.
>>; torturin' poor bloo.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #40
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
I totally felt sorry for bloo!
I was angry, man.
>>; torturin' poor bloo.
After seeing "Only have surprise for you", "Bye, bye nerdy", and "One false movie" I honestly have to say I don't really feel THAT much sympathy for what happened to Bloo during this episode.

Especially considering what got him into his mess was the same kind of behavior that made Mac's life miserable in those 3 episodes I just mentioned.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote