Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

This in my opinion was the funniest episode they ever created. It was completely stupid and utterly brilliant at the same time. Who would have thought mere boredom could have made for an entire episode's plot AND be funny?

The Topeka line will probably go down as their best punchline. I personally laughed the hardest when Mac and Bloo first realized they were home alone and just randomly ran around screaming going "BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

It was just so weird for Mac to totally flip out and be the one to start screwing around, I also loved his response when he saw Bloo with the piere make up in the bathroom. "What are you doing?" that was a great reaction.

I too loved the "how do you play with these things", it's such an odd question concerning stuffed toys. Another favorite part of mine is when Mac reads Coco's diary and it just reads Coco, and yet Mac reads it REALLY fast anyway.

The ball scene was great too.

"Play ball in the house?"

*throws ball*

"THIS IS BORING"

"I KNOW"
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #22
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Talking It is indeed somewhat muggy in the Topeka region.

I tend to underrate this episode a lot, I think possibly due to just how unpreposessing the premise is, but reading you guys talk about it does serve to remind me how well the team did turning that simplicity into the episode's greatest virtue. Freed from concerns such as plot development, the writers let the characterisation drive this episode, allowing them to have a lot of fun with Mac and Bloo's personalities as well as reinforcing their relationship as best buds.

I agree with Mr Marshmallow's picks for top scenes, too; their frantic last-gasp efforts to do something awesome in the final two minutes are hilarious, just because their attempts to have fun become so self-defeatingly stressful. The delivery of "THIS IS BORING!!" and "I KNOW!!" cracks me up because of the tone of stark terror and horrified realisation in their screams.

And I empathise - goofing off is a serious business.

Edit - Ooh, yeah, 50th post!! I am a n00b no longer; after four months, I have finally attained "Settling In"!! Man, I need to post more...

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 04-12-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Patrick Duffy.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 PM   #23
MacAttack140
Newly Abandoned
Destroy the Non-Belivers!  

Location: Can't you see? I'm in the birds, the trees, YOUR SOCKS
Talking

It's hot in Topika..... lol! I luv that episode and it is so funny! IM A HOT TOE PICKER!!!

Also i would like 2 thank Sparky 4 the pic! I was looking FOREVER 4 1.... BUT I COULDN'T FIND IT..... so thx!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
montitech
Foster's Legend

Has anyone else ever found themselves sitting in front of the Weather channel zoning out like bloo.

or was it just something I (and maybe some others) did back when cable only had the three rows of 12 channels. (analog push button cable box) and the only things on early afternoons were Weather Channel or Donahue

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #25
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Has anyone else ever found themselves sitting in front of the Weather channel zoning out like bloo.
Not really zoning out, but I often use the Weather Channel as background noise.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #26
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

And really, who needs to zone out in front of the TV anymore, anyways?

*stares at her laptop*
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #27
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post

or was it just something I (and maybe some others) did back when cable only had the three rows of 12 channels. (analog push button cable box) and the only things on early afternoons were Weather Channel or Donahue

Monty

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it "zoning out", but yeah, it's like something I have done when I was totally bored and couldn't find anything else meaningful to do.

I haven't ever drawn all over my face with an eyebrow pencil in front of the bathroom mirror, though.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #28
MacAttack140
Newly Abandoned
Destroy the Non-Belivers!  

Location: Can't you see? I'm in the birds, the trees, YOUR SOCKS
Talking

Yeah, I have done something like zoneing out b4. Lol... Im laughing just thinking about it..
Old 04-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #29
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

So, okay, here's my opinion of this episode:

Least favourite.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not a weak episode, I knew there was humour in there, but I just wasn't getting it.

Not to say that there was no parts I got, cause there sure was, but compared to the other Fosters gems, this one doesn't match up in my eyes.

Though I agree it was important to show Mac & Bloo doing random stuff together. I dunno about others but I really SEE their frendship, even when (or even especially) they don't get along. Freinds fight all the time, and the best of friends can act as if they hate each other most of the time. But the friendship is definitely still there. Still, we need an episode like this to really show that.

Hehe..."Adult videos"....maybe it wasn't such a bad ep after all.....
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #30
Aly23
Newly Abandoned

I have an obsession for Pete Wentz and Coffee :)  

Send a message via MSN to Aly23

This is my Favourite episode! really! It's so incredibly funny!

I love when Bloo drops a chip right next to him, yet cannot be bothered to pick it up. But he goes all over the house to look for somebody to do it for him

I love this line:

"Eduardo, i cant find Frankie, Madame Foster, Mr Herriman, Wilt or Coco and seeing as you like potatoes, i have this chip..."

its hilarious
What did you possibly expect under this condition
Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin
Aly23 is offline   Reply With Quote