Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
L.G.
Melvineer

After seeing the Powerpuff Girls for the first time in years, it's sad to know that it's no longer regularly aired on CN. I particularly liked the episode "Telephonies" where the Gangreen Gang crank calls the Powerpuff Girls, and in the end, Fuzzy, Him, and Mojo Jojo beat the snot out of the Gangreen Gang. Tonight's 10th anniversary episode was good too:
Spoiler Below
Mojo Jojo doing the whole dramatic prairie dog routine in the beginning was hilarious.

Last edited by L.G.; 03-17-2009 at 11:12 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #12
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Oh my Flapjack on a stick! I loooooooved the new episode. I would post my real thoughts on it...but I'm afraid I may offend some people by what what going through my head during the first ingingsay Mojo scene...

But yes, I was laughing through the whole episode! I'll say this, it was worth watching the marathon all day just to see that new one.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~

Last edited by HerrimanWasHere; 01-20-2009 at 05:01 AM.
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Worth watching just for the Frankie cameo!! 'nuff said!

Spoiler Below
in the part where Blossom holds the key and talks about her world domination plans
Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_4_Prez View Post
Worth watching just for the Frankie cameo!! 'nuff said!

Spoiler Below
in the part where Blossom holds the key and talks about her world domination plans
haha, you noticed that too? I thought I was going crazy! *wasn't quite sure*

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Another interview I've got to share. This time by Cold Hard Flash with Craig and PPG's animation director Eric Pringle. Another very well done interview, full of fun tid bits, including a small bit of Foster's info.

Regarding the new episode "Powerpuff Girls Rule!"-
Quote:
In this newly-minted episode, Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup return to their familiar roles, as do dozens of artists from the original crew. But, with the Foster’s experience under his belt, McCracken made a few changes to the production pipeline - namely producing the entire half-hour in Flash. Taking it all full-circle, this new episode is loosely based on one of the first PPG shorts, titled Whoopass A Go-Go, which was never finished. In the earlier production, the key to the world is let loose to evil forces, who do exactly what you think they’d do in this situation. We recently had the opportunity to interview Craig, where we cover Flash-animation, pop culture, musical numbers, and his thoughts on world domination.
Followed by a question and an answer from Craig-
Quote:
AARON SIMPSON: If you ruled the world, what would be your first new law?

CRAIG McCRACKEN: STOP BEING STUPID! (to be applied as one sees fit) On second thought, that could get really out of hand. Let’s just go with free puppies for everyone.
Yay, free puppies!

Source- Cold Hard Flash
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #16
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Do we not have an official PPG thread? I see one for PPG-Z. But this is the closest I could find for the original PPGs and I see it useless to start a thread when I just wanted to share something cute.

On Monday while driving around doing errands so I could get back on my feet after what happened over the weekend, a patrol car (from the Sheriff's dept) passed us, and I squealed in glee at a big stuffed Buttercup and Blossom in the rear window! I didn't see Bubbles, but it was still adorible. A cop car with two stuffed cartoon girls sitting nicely in the back window. Smiling so nicely to everyone traveling behind.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote