Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
"And you thought last year was depressing....

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Off_Script.php

Yep the good folks at Turner have officially announced the new direction for CN which with due to the shifting winds of popular youth culture will mean more live action and reality shows thus effectively destroying the whole notion of a "Cartoon Network"

Oh well it isn't all gloom and doom the new Genndy Tartakovsky show looks promising and I am glad to see Adventure Time finally get picked up by somebody.

But other then that everything else gets a big fat pass from me...."
This is completely unacceptable. There used to be several reasons for me to tune into Cartoon Network. Heck, my grandfather introduced me to the channel back when it was mostly Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and all the other old cartoons that are now on Boomerang. This was before my area's cable provider, which was absolute...junk, offered the channel. By the time my viewing area got Cartoon Network, Cartoon Cartoons started appearing (i.e. Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken), which was...1998 or 1999.

Cartoon Network was even responsible in part to Family Guy's resurrection (because of Adult Swim reruns). And speaking of Adult Swim, their shows were (and still are) highly amusing to me even if it relied on cruder humor.

The first blow for me was when Megas XLR got canceled. Additional blows include Out of Jimmy's Head the series, the Ben 10 franchise becoming stale, and the fact that Cartoon Network's original shows that were introduced between 1999-2004, some as new as Billy and Mandy, aren't on as often as they should if they air at all. The proliferation of live-action only shows and movies plus reading that article has made me give up hope on Cartoon Network. Too many of the current shows that were introduced from 2008 to today just aren't worth my time, and the whole notion of additional live action shows really does kill the purpose of naming a channel "Cartoon Network." The people that own CN should just rename the network to something else.

Last edited by L.G.; 04-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #12
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73
Thumbs down

Hmmm...

I was a die-hard PPG fan back in the day, and I came back for Foster's.

But all that is left for me on CN is Ben 10 Alien Force, which is either hit or miss.

I like the idea of more mature programing (like Alien Force, which is about as mature as I am considering right now- not Adult Swim mature), but not live action other than the occasional movie. And I want more decent cartoons.

And on that note, ANOTHER Ben 10 series? I wasn't a fan of the original, but I'm liking most (like I said, it's hit or miss) of AF. But STOP CHANGING TITLES and keep one series going!!! It's called continuity, and you don't need to end one series to start another to accomplish the aging of characters and time changing. And just when I thought AF was good because it was definitely a SERIES.

So, CN- either change your plans, or change your title. 'Cause half the time, I watch Ben 10 AF online. And that's it. And once Foster's ends, I'm done for another six years when ad if until something good comes on.

-Marty
Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #13
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrocks73 View Post

And on that note, ANOTHER Ben 10 series? I wasn't a fan of the original, but I'm liking most (like I said, it's hit or miss) of AF. But STOP CHANGING TITLES and keep one series going!!! It's called continuity, and you don't need to end one series to start another to accomplish the aging of characters and time changing. And just when I thought AF was good because it was definitely a SERIES.

-Marty
Well the main reason why the creators/producers etc... are doing what they are doing is that

1. They are able to skirt around the networks "episode ceiling" rule (You know, the rule Cartoon Network has in which that they will only order a set number of episodes of a show and that's it.)

2. It's pure marketing, with a "new" show they in turn can introduce a ton of new characters and settings and thus create a whole new line of toys and video games and other pieces of merchandise for the kids to buy. And then when they've grown bored of those toys/show/characters...BAM whole new line. (It's the Power Rangers/Super Sentai business model.)

Last edited by taranchula; 04-16-2009 at 07:16 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote