Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Default Underrated Shows That Should Have Continued

If there's one thing I really dislike, it's that someone leaves a show in a cliffhanger, and instead of finishing what occurred, they (the studio) decided to ended it right there, which is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, here are some of the shows I felt deserve another shot:

Dark Angel-Even though season 2 was ok, I have to admit it did have more questions about the people responsible for Max's creation, among others, and also what happen to some of the character's whose fate remains a mystery. The season finale even hints out what was going to happen next, but it wasn't enough for Fox. I just wish that it could have resolve some conflicts before being cancelled.

John Doe-Another favorite Fox show I use to watch. Very intruiging, challenging and just entertaining. The only thing I really got peeved off was that it didn't went further to the people responsible for John and his intellects, their leader and his wife. At the least, it did have its fans while it was still on air.

Get Ed-What I really like about this show is that the concept was very original, including the fluidity of the animation and the style of the writing. But to my dismay, instead of getting a second season, it just ended without anything resolve, mainly about Ed himself and the fate of Old Skool. Hopefully, Jetix would change their mind and give this show another chance.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I was disappointed when That '80s Show ended after just one season. I had watched it religeously every week, and was really getting into it. I enjoyed the flashback, and remembering the pop culture of the decade of my childhood. I agree it wasn't as good as That '70s Show, but IMPO I don't think it was so bad that they had to end it like that. If they had done some more brainstorming and stuck it out a little longer, I bet it would have started getting better reviews, and it could have lasted at least a few more years. And yup, they left it a clifhanger. They were orriginally expecting to return for a second season, but the summer came and went, and no sign, or even word, of it returning. I remember I was so irritated.

I also wish Roswell lasted an other year or two. It's ratings went down during the second season, which I agree was its weakest season, but they started rising again during the third. But (then) UPN didn't want to renew it, and basically gave it a death sentance. I suppose I can't complain too much, though. Three seasons is still better than two, and I think they ended it really well. It was near the perfect series finale I have seen.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

they should bring Alf back.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
they should bring Alf back.

Agreed,

THey should also bring back the Muppet Show, because everyone loves Gonzo, Fozzie and Kermit.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

To me this entire thread begins and ends with just one show that falls under the premise of this discussion....

Arrested Development
Network: Fox
Duration: 3 Seasons
Stars: Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross and Ron Howard as the Narrator.

Synopsis(From Wikipedia): Arrested Development is a character-driven American comedy television series, which ran from November 2, 2003 to February 10, 2006. It is about a formerly wealthy and habitually dysfunctional family. The series is presented in a fashion reminiscent of documentary film/cinéma vérité, with omniscient narration (by Ron Howard), archival photographs, and historic footage.

This sitcom was the one of the most intelligently written shows in modern television history. And it was almost a crime the way it was treated by the Fox network with it's schedule switching and blatant shortening of the shows last two seasons. And if that wasn't enough they burned off the final four episodes in one night and put it up against the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics for crying out loud. (Much like John Rambo in First Blood: Part Two, they were set up to fail.)

And needless to say I would so be happy if this show came back on the air even for just one more run.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
derangedperson
Newly Abandoned
NYARGH!  

The Critic. God, I loved that show.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Frazzle Rock
Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Star Trek: Enterprise. This was a very good show but not enough people tuned in or ever gave it a chance. True, the writers screwed up on several occasions and occasionally did things that were in violation of Federation history, but it was a likable crew and a good premise. From what I've heard the next season (I think it would have been the 5th) was going to be doing some interesting things based on the works of sci-fi author Larry Niven; sadly, we'll never know for sure.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedperson View Post
The Critic. God, I loved that show.
Here, here. I adored the Critic. I knew quite a few people disliked it, or didn't give it a chance because they thought of it as just yet another attempt to usurp the Simpson's "mature cartoon" throne at the time, but I honestly thought it was a good show.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Good Lord, this is the last topic I should be writing in. I could go on at length about over a thousand different shows from Andy Richter Controls to Universe to Andy Barker PI. Ah, obscure tv humor. I slay me.

Anyway, here's one I really hated to see just disappear, Wonderfalls. This show from Brian Fuller and Tim Minear was simply incredible. It's about Jaye Tyler, a particularly belligerent clerk at a Niagara Falls gift shop. A poster child for the Y Generation, Jaye was Brown graduate who never quite seem to progress to her full potential until one day inanimate objects in the shape of animals begin to talk to her. They would tell her vague things that would oftentimes lead to misrepresentation which usually led to some of the most interesting chain reactions on television this side of a Larry David episode of Seinfeld. To try to boil this series down to a few sentences has been done, but it doesn't do the series any justice whatsoever.

Anyway, the show as cancelled after only 13 episodes, most of which have never even been aired on television. Fox never gave it much of a chance, choosing to show only 4 episodes before sending in the executioner. It's beeen said, and rightfully so, that if the X-Files and Simpsons would've premiered this decade they never would've made it past season one.

Luckily, Wonderfalls was able to wrap up most of its loose ends, though the tantalizing storylines that were set up for season 2 just makes its passing even sadder. At least it didn't just stop abruptly with some lameass final explanation in Entertainment Weekly like John Doe. Now that was stupid.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote