Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #371
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment. I've gotten on a kick with D&D computer games recently for some reason.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #372
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I've been playing Left 4 Dead alot. It's also a reason why I haven't been RPing alot.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #373
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

pulseman

uhm... how do I describe this? only released in japan, for the sega genesis, made by game freak (you might know them for another game they made, pokemon) and just oddly fun. dont really know how far I am right now, but farther than Ive been before.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #374
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
pulseman

uhm... how do I describe this? only released in japan, for the sega genesis, made by game freak (you might know them for another game they made, pokemon) and just oddly fun. dont really know how far I am right now, but farther than Ive been before.
Holy crow, I remember that game.

"Due to the efforts of Pulseman, the case was completely solved."

If you like that game and if you have a Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS, you should check out Drill Dozer which was also made by Game Freak and is pretty fun as well.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #375
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

One of the two Wii games (the other one being Lego Batman) I purchased recently. I've been wanting to play this game as I'm a fan of the WarioWare series (Mona is as cute as ever!), and I'm happy to say that I SO enjoyed this game! Very fun.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #376
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

I picked up Mega Man Legends for the original playstation for eight bucks today. So far, it's pretty great.

Man, I love how cheap the games at book and music exchange (which also sales games, game systems, movies, etc.) are. If you ever go to owensboro, KY, you should check it out.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #377
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends: Imaginary Invaders (DS)

This review has been a long time coming, well it wouldn't have been if the game wasn't so hard to hard to find in my city, but I digress.

After playing the game to near completion (Finishing the main game, but still haven't found 100% of the collectibles.) I can sum up my experience with this game in eight words.

"Good, but could have been a lot better."

Positives.

The Music was well done, the familiar theme song is there in all of it's psychedelic rag time glory, and the in stage themes were catchy and didn't overstay their welcome.

The play control was was very responsive for the most part (More on that later), the jumping and moving about was spot on and never messed you up with unresponsiveness.

Graphically the game looked better then I expected, I know sometimes making the leap from 2D to 3D can have some ugly consequences but in this game (With a few exceptions) the transition came out pretty well.

The mini games and boss fights were fun. The nods to classic games like Space invaders and on various on rail shooting games is always aces in my book.

The in game dialogue stayed true to the characters. Filled with all the little quirks and in jokes we've come to expect. (Of course bringing on a long time Foster's scribe to handle the writing duties will do that for ya.)

Good use of the dual screens, I was never at a loss as where to go next thanks to the in game map.

Negatives.

Sadly the game was criminally short and very easy. I wasn't expecting a game the length of Final Fantasy. But a few more levels would have been nice, (An outside hedge maze level would have been cool.) As for the challenge I can give that pass given the games target audience, on the other hand I grew up in an era where even the games based on kids licenses were hard as sin, sign of the times again.

While I did say the play control was good most of the time there was still some hiccups that keep it from being perfect, some of the touch screen sections were kind of wonky (Especially the one at the end of the game.) and it was kind of annoying having to switch between the touch screen and control pad in some areas of the game. (I guess games like this were made for the thumb stylus.)

Bloo looked kind of off model in 3D, you would think they would have done a better rendering job on the main character of the show, but only a minor quibble.

Also shame on them having no character voice clips from anyone other then Mac or Bloo. (Again minor quibble...)

So to sum up there was the foundations for a great game laid out in this one, and if the circumstances were right for a sequel (Which I am guess there probably won't be due to the show ending and the publisher Midway in financial dire straits.) With a little spit and polish they could take what they've got here and make it better and brighter then before.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #378
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Halo Wars

First RTS I've ever played. I like it alot, though I don't like how the Covenant got under-powered, in the demo they were awesome. In the game they suck.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #379
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Rock Band 2
I'm addicted to that game
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #380
L.G.
Melvineer

First, the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've finally beaten it since getting as a Christmas present from 2007. It wasn't really hard (except figuring out how to beat King Zant)...I was just dragging my feet playing it through until recently.

Then Mario Kart Wii. I'm usually Toad in the Blue Falcon kart, and I always feel triumphant when I finish a race ahead of skilled bikers online: those vehicles are broken IMO (bikes' wheelies and shaper turning radius seem to trump kart's stronger mini turbos). This week I've encounted 3 (!) sets of hackers. The 1st set had 2 hackers with infinite items: they caused chaos with blue shells, bob-ombs... everything, but they would place themselves last at the end of the race and lose on purpose. The 2nd set had one hacker who cheated with infinite speed boosts to win in vs. mode. The last set was a hacker who also cheated to win but in battle mode instead and with blue shells and invincibility.

Last edited by L.G.; 03-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote