Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 11-18-2006, 08:47 AM   #501
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

No I meant "Return of The Jedi" the sequel, but I guess your'e right. Oh yeah, Leia & Lando save Luke. Han was frozen in carbonite by Boba Fett & vader.

Now SW aside, I guess your'e right about the IF babies. Even though I'd doubt Wilt would have an IF father. I may accpet the gang theory after the last episode though.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #502
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Here's another of my far-fetched theories to throw out:

What if this now-adult kid Wilt is searching for is not HIS creator, but more or less the other way around-Wilt is HIS biological father? The kid's mother did not want her son to grow up knowing that his father wasn't human, so during his early years she convinced him that this tall red guy who's such a part of his life is actually his Imaginary Friend, and convinces Wilt to go along with the ruse. Then, something happens-either Wilt gets tired of living the lie and believes it's best to go ahead and tell the kid the truth, or the woman finds a new man in her life that she believes will be a better father(if for no other reason than he is a human)-whatever, and she and Wilt have a major falling out and she decides he has to go. Maybe she is somehow responsible for him being injured, like she had someone shoot him or something, to shut him up before he told the truth. She's thought that he was dead all this time, or she had a restraining order issued against him, to keep him away from both her and the kid, and it's just now expired. All this time, Wilt's known that he has a son/daughter(cannot rule out the kid being a girl still), but he's never been able to formally acknowledge it, possibly out of fear, until now. His decision to "set things right" could mean finally locating this now-adult individual and telling him/her the truth, to unburden himself of having let his kid grow up fatherless after all these years. The "terrible" something he tells Bloo that he's done might be fathering a child and then leaving him/her, for whatever reason, which could also account for Wilt's own hang-ups about abandonment-they come not so much from somebody having abandoned HIM, but from HIM having had to abandon someone else! That person on the phone in the trailer could be Wilt's Ex, rather than the Basketball-headed Dude, since they probably did not part on the best of terms, and if she's had reason to believe that Wilt's been dead all these years, that would explain why he says, "Bet you never expected to hear from ME, again, did you?" The Basketball-headed Dude could be an actual Imaginary Friend created by the kid, OR just someone else from Wilt's old 'hood, an old rival, or a member of a new gang that's taken over the territory since Wilt left long ago, who challenges Wilt for the right to even be there now. He might be totally unrelated to Wilt's quest other than another obstacle to be overcome.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #503
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Why would be all sadabout creator's day then? Yeah that was far-fetched.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #504
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Why would be all sadabout creator's day then? Yeah that was far-fetched.
Ask anyone who's ever lost or had to give up a child, for whatever reasons. ANYTHING that reminds such a person that they cannot be with that child is going to trigger some really bad emotions. Those people will tell you that giving up a child, or losing one, is far worse than losing a parent, sibling, or other family member, and many such people never do completely get over it. Creator Reunion Day at Foster's would be like the equivalent of Father's Day and Mother's Day to the rest of us.

pitbulllady
Old 11-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #505
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Here's another of my far-fetched theories to throw out:

What if this now-adult kid Wilt is searching for is not HIS creator, but more or less the other way around-Wilt is HIS biological father? The kid's mother did not want her son to grow up knowing that his father wasn't human, so during his early years she convinced him that this tall red guy who's such a part of his life is actually his Imaginary Friend, and convinces Wilt to go along with the ruse. Then, something happens-either Wilt gets tired of living the lie and believes it's best to go ahead and tell the kid the truth, or the woman finds a new man in her life that she believes will be a better father(if for no other reason than he is a human)-whatever, and she and Wilt have a major falling out and she decides he has to go. Maybe she is somehow responsible for him being injured, like she had someone shoot him or something, to shut him up before he told the truth. She's thought that he was dead all this time, or she had a restraining order issued against him, to keep him away from both her and the kid, and it's just now expired. All this time, Wilt's known that he has a son/daughter(cannot rule out the kid being a girl still), but he's never been able to formally acknowledge it, possibly out of fear, until now. His decision to "set things right" could mean finally locating this now-adult individual and telling him/her the truth, to unburden himself of having let his kid grow up fatherless after all these years. The "terrible" something he tells Bloo that he's done might be fathering a child and then leaving him/her, for whatever reason, which could also account for Wilt's own hang-ups about abandonment-they come not so much from somebody having abandoned HIM, but from HIM having had to abandon someone else! That person on the phone in the trailer could be Wilt's Ex, rather than the Basketball-headed Dude, since they probably did not part on the best of terms, and if she's had reason to believe that Wilt's been dead all these years, that would explain why he says, "Bet you never expected to hear from ME, again, did you?" The Basketball-headed Dude could be an actual Imaginary Friend created by the kid, OR just someone else from Wilt's old 'hood, an old rival, or a member of a new gang that's taken over the territory since Wilt left long ago, who challenges Wilt for the right to even be there now. He might be totally unrelated to Wilt's quest other than another obstacle to be overcome.

pitbulllady
Very intresting. Farfetched, but intresting.

Wilt: I'm sorry, but I'm your father. Is that okay?
Now-adult kid: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Wilt: Oh, sorry!

I know, lame joke. But hey! The heck with it!

And I wonder: How did this "Star Wars" discussion get in this "Wilt" thread?
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #506
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Um.....ok......that is weird......

Last edited by antgirl1; 11-18-2006 at 11:25 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #507
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

DUDE!
ok, I know this is completely stupid, but.....
what if they make it a cliffhanger and make us wait till, like, march for the rest?

(I told ya it was stupid! you were warned.)
Old 11-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #508
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
DUDE!
ok, I know this is completely stupid, but.....
what if they make it a cliffhanger and make us wait till, like, march for the rest?

(I told ya it was stupid! you were warned.)
I don't think it's stupid at all, really. It would not surprise me at all if we DON'T learn all the secrets to Wilt's mysterious past, at least not in this movie. We might indeed have to wait to find out more bits and pieces of the puzzle in later episodes, like when we'd least expect something like that to pop up.

pitbulllady
Old 11-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #509
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

whoa!
I was so expecting someone to be all
"that's retarded! that ain't gonna happen" or something.
but sweet!
someone agrees.

P.S.
I still totally want that huge float thing they showed!
Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #510
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
Wilt: I'm sorry, but I'm your father. Is that okay?
Now-adult kid: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Wilt: Oh, sorry!

I know, lame joke. But hey! The heck with it!

OM MY GOD! That was the most unbefreakinlivably hilarious thing!
I'm sorry, but you made my day. Is that okay?

And wait, was there a theory that I missed about Wilt having an Imaginary dad? Awww, I love that thoery-probably never happened in my opinon-but I love that theory! It makes me wanna write fanfiction.-Yeah, I always say that I'm gonna write fan fics but you never see me post any. Go figure. But eh, you never know, I might post one of that theory one day.
And yes, I also believe that Wilt has so much of a past that all the little secrets and details might not fit into just one movie. Heck, they might have to make another one at the end of the seires.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.

Last edited by Tonya; 11-18-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote