Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
MaxJ1800
Newly Abandoned

Default A question about Imaginary Friends

I'm considering a story idea, but there's something I need to consider. How much can an Imaginary Friend look like a human? I know there have been Imaginary Friends who looked reasonably like humans, for instance, the Imaginary Mac and Goofball McGee.

But they each had some feature that gave them away as imaginary, Mac's tongue, Goofball's trunk. And no one really mistook them for real humans, except Frankie, in Goofball's case.

What I'm wondering is, can an imaginary friend look enough like a human, to actually pass as a human. For instace, could an Imaginary Friend look enough like a human child, to attend school with kids and not have anyone notice? Or would a human-looking Imaginary Friend have at least one feature that would give them away as imaginary, if anyone saw it?

Last edited by MaxJ1800; 02-22-2008 at 11:33 PM.
MaxJ1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Princey, from Frankie My Dear, seemed to be indistinguishable from a real human, so there might possibly be others who are identical to humans as well. Personally I think they would be rare but not unknown.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
MaxJ1800
Newly Abandoned

True, but Princey actions and the way he dressed and talked pretty much gave him away. What I mean is, if an Imaginary Friend wanted to, could they perfectly mimic human behavior, so no one could tell they were imaginary. Or, would they always end up having some trait, physical, speech, behavior, dress, that would give them away?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Again, my speculation is that within the context of the Foster's universe there are probably a few Imaginary Friends that can perfectly mimic human beings. If you go strictly by what has been shown in the episodes, then the answer is no.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

Just because I haven't posted in a legitimate thread for a while: Cassini has a point, there could be some Imaginary Friends who appear human and act so they're indistinguishable from regular humans. It's just they're probably rare, compared to the other types of IFs.

I was thinking of the Imaginary Frankie when I read the other posts: She seemed pretty close to the real one. However, she had an incredibly enthuiastic way about her that may distinguish her as an IF. Other than that, one probably wouldn't be able to tell she were an IF (without knowing first).

This, though, came about in a Foster's comic book segment, so I don't know if exactly works with the regular show universe.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJ1800 View Post
True, but Princey actions and the way he dressed and talked pretty much gave him away. What I mean is, if an Imaginary Friend wanted to, could they perfectly mimic human behavior, so no one could tell they were imaginary. Or, would they always end up having some trait, physical, speech, behavior, dress, that would give them away?
There are a LOT of guys who talk, and act, just like Princey-TRUST me on that one, dear! They might not dress like him(but then, he also dressed in drag for awhile in "Frankie My Dear", so he's not limited to just one wardrobe), but they do believe that they are Creation's Gift to Females, and don't even get me started on those "lines", lol! Been There, Done That. The first time I ever saw that episode, I could just about quote every single one of those lines as soon as he opened his mouth, before he even said 'em, since I've heard 'em all before. It was like a bad case of deja vu'! They've got that same sweeping swagger, everything-the whole nine yards. Put Princey in an Izod golf shirt, some khakis and a pair of Docksider shoes, and put him in pretty much any given club or bar anywhere in the US, and you'd never, ever know he was anything other than just another lame guy trying to hit on the ladies. Believe it or not, there ARE actually chicks who go for that sort of thing-no, I'm NOT one of 'em!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I like to think that the vast majority of Presidents this nation has had are really Imaginary Friends.

...And I'm knocking both political parties here, so no need to get offended.

Last edited by Ridureyu; 02-25-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
MaxJ1800
Newly Abandoned

Actually, in it's time, this nation has had three main political parties. The Whig party isn't around, anymore.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

True, but nobody cares about the Whigs, or even the Bull Moose party.

I would like to elect a Bull Moose.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #10
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

There's no rule that says what an imaginary friend must look like so the question can't be answered.