Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Star Signs

I saw this come up in the Wilt thread, and it got me thinking.

We all know the stories of the Zodiac, the signs representing the month and day we were born in. But I'm wondering, those in Fosters, what star signs could they have that works (not entierly) with their personality and how they handle themselves?

I can't really think of any off the top of my head, which I'm ashamed off given I have always had a love of the Zodiac but right now my head is empty. Probably from malnourishment. I'll look into that in a second.

But I'm curious as to what you guys think. Bloo's star sign? Mac? Frankie?

Long list of possiblities...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Frankie's birthday in the show is July 25th; that makes her a Leo.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Frankie's birthday in the show is July 25th; that makes her a Leo.
I won't argue with the offical word, though I personally think that Frankie's personality would make her better suited to a Cancer. Cancers are supposedly very kind, sympathetic, nurturing and intuitive, but also have widely fluctuating moods, and they're associated with family and domesticity. I see Leo as being more characteristic of her grandmother - extroverted, fun-loving, magnanimous, hospitable and with strong leadership skills.

As for everyone else...Bloo is most definitly an Aries - impulsive, energetic, rebellious and somewhat self-centred. And we agreed in the Wilt thread that his personality is probably closest to a Pisces.

Uncle Pockets would make a killer Sagittarius - they're associated with travel and expansion, and are said to be very humorous, kiddish and generous.

Duchess has some of the more negative traits of the Libra (pride, coldness and a tendency to isolate themselves)...but then Libras are also said to be very pleasant and charismatic, so I guess it's not such a perfect match.

Anyhow, this is fun. I'll give it some more thought see what else I can come up with.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I won't argue with the offical word, though I personally think that Frankie's personality would make her better suited to a Cancer. Cancers are supposedly very kind, sympathetic, nurturing and intuitive, but also have widely fluctuating moods, and they're associated with family and domesticity. I see Leo as being more characteristic of her grandmother - extroverted, fun-loving, magnanimous, hospitable and with strong leadership skills.

As for everyone else...Bloo is most definitly an Aries - impulsive, energetic, rebellious and somewhat self-centred. And we agreed in the Wilt thread that his personality is probably closest to a Pisces.

Uncle Pockets would make a killer Sagittarius - they're associated with travel and expansion, and are said to be very humorous, kiddish and generous.

Duchess has some of the more negative traits of the Libra (pride, coldness and a tendency to isolate themselves)...but then Libras are also said to be very pleasant and charismatic, so I guess it's not such a perfect match.

Anyhow, this is fun. I'll give it some more thought see what else I can come up with.

This is one of the main reasons why I can't put any stock in horoscopes. I, like Frankie, am a Leo, having been born at the end of July(just five days difference). I'm also a red-head, if that has anything to do with it, but my personality and Frankie's personality are very similar. We both have our moods, some good, some not-so-good. We are both VERY loyal to family, and both she and I have a strong sense of responsiblity. Madame Foster, on the other hand, strikes me as being quite unpredictable and spontaneous, more like what you said about Aries people.

I can't say that I find Uncle Pockets to be funny or humorous. He's still kinda creepy to me, and his "humor" often seems tempered by some barely-concealed threat. My aunt is a Sagitarius, and while she is giving and definately has a sense of humor(notorious for practical jokes), she HATES travel, and is very much a home-body.

No person in my own experience came as close to matching Wilt's personality as my grandfather, yet he was an Aries. My mother, whose birthday was just four days later, was about as close to Duchess as any real person I've ever known, but much more violent and unpredictable. Few people could have possibly been more different. In fact, MOST of my family are Aries, yet not one is anything at all like Bloo, personality-wise(thank goodness for THAT). My late first cousin, who was killed in a small plane crash just three weeks shy of his 17th birthday, was almost Mac personified, very intellectual, often very serious and a bit of a "nerd", almost obsessed with science and technology, and he, too, was an Aries. EVen the name, Max, was similar. My father's personality is almost exactly the same as my cousin's, but a bit more helpful and giving, like a combination of the best of Mac and Wilt, but he is an Aquarius.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
This is one of the main reasons why I can't put any stock in horoscopes. I, like Frankie, am a Leo, having been born at the end of July(just five days difference). I'm also a red-head, if that has anything to do with it, but my personality and Frankie's personality are very similar. We both have our moods, some good, some not-so-good. We are both VERY loyal to family, and both she and I have a strong sense of responsiblity. Madame Foster, on the other hand, strikes me as being quite unpredictable and spontaneous, more like what you said about Aries people.

I can't say that I find Uncle Pockets to be funny or humorous. He's still kinda creepy to me, and his "humor" often seems tempered by some barely-concealed threat. My aunt is a Sagitarius, and while she is giving and definately has a sense of humor(notorious for practical jokes), she HATES travel, and is very much a home-body.

No person in my own experience came as close to matching Wilt's personality as my grandfather, yet he was an Aries. My mother, whose birthday was just four days later, was about as close to Duchess as any real person I've ever known, but much more violent and unpredictable. Few people could have possibly been more different. In fact, MOST of my family are Aries, yet not one is anything at all like Bloo, personality-wise(thank goodness for THAT). My late first cousin, who was killed in a small plane crash just three weeks shy of his 17th birthday, was almost Mac personified, very intellectual, often very serious and a bit of a "nerd", almost obsessed with science and technology, and he, too, was an Aries. EVen the name, Max, was similar. My father's personality is almost exactly the same as my cousin's, but a bit more helpful and giving, like a combination of the best of Mac and Wilt, but he is an Aquarius.

pitbulllady
I wouldn't say that I take horroscopes terribly seriously myself (particularly the sort you find at the back of newspapers and magazines, which just reek of being made up on the spot). But I have an interest in them nonetheless, because, reliable or no, they have their entertainment value.

I also find Uncle Pockets to be somewhat creepy, though it's more to do with the passing resemblence he bears to a certain candyman who gave me nightmares as a kid. But he seems to hold a certain sway over the other IFs, Bloo excepted.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Herriman's personality is closest to Virgo (orderly, controlled, fussy perfectionism).

(It goes without saying of course that I'm just trying to match the characters to the established ideas of each horroscope's personality, not actually predict where their birthdays fall.)

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-26-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Coincidentally, my Frankie Sim is defined by the game as a Cancer, based on the way I distributed her personality points.

I don't put any stock in astrology, but it is interesting to try to assign star signs to the characters anyway.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Coincidentally, my Frankie Sim is defined by the game as a Cancer, based on the way I distributed her personality points.

I don't put any stock in astrology, but it is interesting to try to assign star signs to the characters anyway.
Hey, i'm a Cancer, too. It kind of fits me if you throw in extroverted jackass as a characteristic.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post

pitbulllady
Oh dear, I feel bad for your cousin. And like your father, I'm an Aquarius, too! But I don't know what personality the Aquarius has.

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 AM   #9
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
Oh dear, I feel bad for your cousin. And like your father, I'm an Aquarius, too! But I don't know what personality the Aquarius has.
The Aquarius (which is my brother's star sign) is supposedly very creative, inquisitive, progressive and eccentric. The Foster's character that best matches, in my opinion, is Goo.

Additionally, I think that Berry would make a great Scorpio. I have noticed that a lot of character-horroscopes tend to assign this particular catagory to the antagonist, which, I suppose, comes from the reputaion that Scorpios have for being manipulative and vindictive, which are good villainous qualities, but since everybody loves sweet pyschotic little Berry, I hope that even the most jaded of Scorpios will forgive me for following this trend. Scorpios are supposed to be very passionate, tenacious, analytical and charming, also prone to jealousy and possessivness, which is Berry all over.

And Coco...she's probably closest to a Gemini - lively, spontaneous, intelligent, erratic and communicative (provided you take that last one with a dash of irony).

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-27-2007 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #10
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Astrology is hogwash. Stars alligning and what not can not impact your life.