Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Rules and Announcements

Notices

Rules and Announcements Where the forum rules and important announcements are posted. You MUST keep up-to-date with the posts in here.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Scheduled Forum Downtime: 6/2/08

It's time for us to upgrade to vBulletin 3.7, the newest version. This will not be like our past upgrades where I just upload a few new files for bugfixes etc; 3.7 is a completely new version and will essentially amount to reinstalling the forum from scratch (except that we keep the database of members and posts etc). I will have to completely remove ALL skins and modifications and reinstall those all over again, however we will reopen with the default skin and I will work on the skins individually afterwords. Please note that we will likely lose some of the skins entirely if they end up not being 100% compatible with 3.7, but I will simply not know which skins those will be until I install them. So like I said, we will reopen with the default skin and I will announce the other skins as they become available in the Kiosk like I usually do.

This upgrade will probably take a few hours although I'm not positive or anything. I will shut the forum down sometime around noon or 1 pm PST and reopen when the upgrade is complete. Right now I'm looking at doing this on Monday June 2, but if I change my mind I will update this topic.