Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Rules and Announcements

Notices

Rules and Announcements Where the forum rules and important announcements are posted. You MUST keep up-to-date with the posts in here.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Arrow VERY IMPORTANT!!

I *wanted* to keep quiet about this because I didn't want anyone to get excited, but after I'd been laying in bed a little while I realised it was important for everyone to know about it just in case. You see, it seems that a person (whom I won't identify) signed up to this forum earlier today with the username "Sparky (Administrator)". They did not make any posts, and I wondered why anyone would go to the trouble to sign up for such a username and then not do anything with it quickly before they were found out - and then I realised they MAY have tried to cause some mischief via PM.

If that person PMed anyone, I NEED TO KNOW. I need to know if you PMed them back. Obviously, if they asked for your password or anything important, whether it pertains to this forum or not, assume that they intend to do something malicious with it. Change your password, do whatever you have to do. That person was NOT me.

I apologise profusely for not notifying everyone immediately about this issue, but I thought they were merely signing up with that username to provoke me, and that they didn't actually USE it. Please please tell me if this person contacted you in any way, of if you have any other information regarding them.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I was wondering about that. I didn't think that was you. I hope this person didn't fool anyone here.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Ooooh, I can't STAND it when people try to sign up to forums to cause trouble-some other people on another forum tried to do the same thing earlier today, too!! Grrrr!!

Whew, sorry about that. But it just really REALLY bugs me when people do that kind of thing. Geez, don't they have anything better to do than to cause trouble?! Anyway, thankfully, no one by that name PMed me today. The only person that PMed me today was Insanefan. But do you think we should all change our passwords, anyway just to make sure that it's ok?

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 08-20-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I don't think that will be necessary, Chaos, unless you're one of those people that were asked for a password or anything vital.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-20-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Oh! I remember I logged on, and then I scrolled to the bottom to see who was on and see who the newest member was, and then I saw "Sparky (Administrator)" where it says "newest member," and I thought, "That's wierd."

Oh jeez. Oh jeez. This is kinda scary.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
Scribble
At Home
Secret Door!  

Send a message via MSN to Scribble

Grrr stupid person... Thanks for letting us know Sparky, I wasn't around to notice anything before you posted this so I've been officially warned. No sign of any PMs at the moment.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:11 AM   #7
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

OH NO!
I PMd them first, I thought that was you (stupid me!)
- but told them only my login name. It was then I realised it was probably not you and PMd you for the same reason...

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #8
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well, i haven't gotten PMed... Sounds like a nasty thing for someone to do.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #9
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
OH NO!
I PMd them first, I thought that was you (stupid me!)
- but told them only my login name. It was then I realised it was probably not you and PMd you for the same reason...
Okay, so that was you. We admins are able to see how *many* PMs a user has, but we cannot ever actually read them (without actually logging in as that person, which I'm not comfortable doing). And that account has a single PM on it, so now I know what it is.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

I feel so stupid... sorry!

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"