Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
D-Nice
Newly Abandoned

Default Some insight please

Hey guy, I'm new here and have a few questions.

First off anybody know why they don't make action figures for Fosters? I think the closest thing available are the bobbleheads that they are gonna release soon. They keep pushing the date back at entertainment earth though. I pre-ordered them 2 months ago. Right now I have to make due with my own sculpts..

Unfortunately these are oviousy cant be handled like an action figure and it would be nice to have something a little more durable.

Also is there any more info on a season 3 release yet? I want to see if I could get it as a B-day present for someone in August if possible.

Thanks!
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:26 AM   #2
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

AHH! Those are awesome!! They look amazing! I love them. Hahaha!!!

I don't know why they don't make them. I was kinda mad.
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Those are really impressive! Excellent job especially on the chocolate milk one!

Didn't Mattel plan to make some toys?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Wow, nice sculpting AND photographing! It looks pro to me!

Oh yeah, there's this thread Click here about the season 3 dvd, but nothing concrete. Only somebody reporting a "trailer"/commercial for the Foster's S3 dvd, available on a Scooby-doo dvd.

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 05-28-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Frankie_4_Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Wow, those are really beautiful, D-Nice.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a bit more in the way of Foster's stuff myself - other than the Hot Topic range, which came to be increasingly Cheese-centric, there hasn't really been a huge deal on offer. The so-called "mass-marketing" from Mattel which I kept reading about in early 2007 never really happened, and the odd toys I saw pictures of here and there looked a bit disappointing. As to why this should be the case, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe the marketing potential just wasn't realised, or certain complications led to much of it being cancelled. From a strict marketing perspective, it's possible that any particularly extensive further Foster's merchandising would be seen as having missed the boat, given that the show is currently in its final season, although if Foster's is able to maintain a sufficient cult following within the years that follow then, who knows, maybe somebody will pick it up.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-29-2008 at 12:53 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, not being a toy man, I don't really have any useful information for you. But I thought those sculpts were freaken awesome!
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Those are absolutely great, D-Nice! Did you make them with Sculpey or other polymer clays or what?

I'd love to have a Wilt bobblehead to go in the rear deck of my Studebaker; that would SO rule! I've got two plastic figurines from fast-food restaurants that hang from the rear-view mirrors in my other two cars, but it's just not the same, and like you said, the home-made ones are not as durable or designed for being hauled around in a vehicle, especially if it's hot outside.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
D-Nice
Newly Abandoned

Hey all thanks for the compliments on the sculpts. The sculpts were made of Super Sculpey and bits of metal wire for Cheese's legs and arms. They are pretty easy to make. My next project is going to be Mac "on sugar" Should be fun to make.

Anyways, ya, they are missing the boat on making toys for this show. I don't understand it either. They come out with a Spiderman movie and theres like 5 different versions of his figure. We seem to get a new version of Optimus Prime every year an a half. But we cant seem to get a break with some fosters figures. Theres so many versions of each character they could do too. Its a shame.
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Nice job! I really like the Cheese and chocolate milk one.

I can't wait to see sugar crazed Mac.

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 05-28-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Amazing sculptures, they're fantastic! I too would absolutely love to see a sugar crazed Mac when you're able to do it. There have been a few small Fosters toys, including small figurines that are showcased in the Red White and Bloo marathon every July 4th. They pop up on eBay now and then (and I know a member or two here own them themselves). There are also two small "statues", but they are not intended to be played with by children as they are very expensive, and are for serious collectors and for display purposes only. They also pop up on eBay now and then. I know there are a number of members here who own those.

As for S3 DVD, as it's been already pointed out, the last thing we heard was there was an ad for it on a DVD recently released for another show. Craig also mentioned on his dA page that he submitted the cover art for it some time ago. So all we know is that it's coming, but we have yet to learn the date. If we're lucky, it will be this fall sometime, but we don't know anything for sure yet.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote