Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #371
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Again, I hate double posting...

I have two. The first was that I was watching GWH with a friend, but it was really different and-- dare I say it?- really stupid.

The second one was probably the weirdest one I've had to date. I was watching another different version of GWH and I actually managed to catch a mistake. It was this flashback scene where Jordan's older brothers (there were two) were teasing Jordan and Wilt was there. Only one little thing was wrong-- it's "post-GWH" Wilt in a "pre-GWH" scene. (Y'know... missing arm and eye in a scene where he should most certainly have both.) This blatant mistake was on-screen for ten solid seconds, long enough for me to pick up on it and think, wth?

Cut back to present day I guess you could call it, where Wilt's looking at an old picture of himself. Apparently, he was blissfully ignorant that he looked significantly different from the day he was created. The flashback and the picture must've shocked him pretty badly, because he passed out. Cut to commerical and that's when I woke up.

I have no clue why my brain was so hung up on GWH that night-- haven't watched it since Thanksgiving.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #372
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Lol I had GWH dreams before. All of which were waaaaay different than the one that aired. One had a scene where a bus wnet down a flight of stairs. XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #373
Scrawffler
Newly Abandoned
If this text is so personal, how come everyone can read it?  

Location: England... in Europe... where they don't even speak English!

I've had a couple of very strange dreams, not recently though.

A long time ago I had a dream where I had just entered the Foster's mansion (I have no idea what I was doing there) and the first one to greet me was Eduardo. We acted like we already knew each other though, so I'm not sure what that was all about either. XD Anyway, later I was exploring the mansion and I found all these rooms that I never knew existed. I can't remember what they all were now; but I know one was a party room of some sort with a large disco ball on the ceiling. That's all I can remember now though.

Last summer (obviously when I had the idea of needing a summer job on my mind) I dreamed that I had a summer job working for Foster's. However, the dream was actually set at my own house, and all the imaginary friends came to live with me. All the main imaginary friends from the show were there (I think even Mr Herriman was there too!) and I think some of the minor ones were there too. There were probably some other non-existant characters in there as well. Oh, and Mac randomly came along at some point too. The funny thing is, I can't remember if it was a dream or a nightmare. All these imaginary friends were running around wrecking my house, but from what I remember I think I actually enjoyed looking after them!

~Also known as Numbuh Googol in KND Fandom~
Original Cartoons|Fanart|Animation & Music
Scrawffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #374
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

I remember something... weird. It wasn't totally related to Foster's, but for about 10 seconds in my dream a lady was right in my face squawking "Cococo-cococo-coco!" to me, just like Coco. Except it wasn't Coco, or any Foster's character. It wasn't Candi Milo either. It was just some middle-aged lady I've never even met before. Finally, no, I couldn't understand anything out of it, either.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:24 AM   #375
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

I had a Foster’s dream last night, this one being my favorite so far. Usually when I dream about Foster’s, I’m watching a new episode in the dream. And the main characters are always Mac and Bloo. (Season Five’s fault, no doubt.) But this one had Madame Foster in it as well, to my surprise. (Most likely because the episode was a lot like Say it Isn’t Sew.)
Anyway, I was watching the third act of some new episode and Mac and Bloo were competing to get some game from a game store that looked exactly like the sewing store from SIIS. They got the game at some point but I can’t really remember anything except the incredibly dumb running gag of Madame Foster trying to turn everything into another Madame Foster. The end went something like this:
(Mac n’ Bloo go out of the game shop carrying a suitcase for no reason)
Madame Foster: Hold it! Gimme your shoes!
Mac and Bloo: Huh?
Madame Foster: Let me turn them into Madame Fosters! (Unsuccessfully tries to turn the shoes into Madame Foster.)
I have no idea where Bloo’s shoes came from.
So, after I watched the episode, I went to NF (this forum, obviously) and saw that it was May nineteenth, the day when the voting is supposed to start for that racing episode. I clicked a link to the site with the voting and then they showed about half the episode. Mac and Bloo were at Mac’s school (while they’re supposed to be at the Game Hive) and some ugly looking kids were overworking their imaginary friends. Then Mac and Bloo started to race, but they both went on cabs for whatever reason. Then the imaginary friends seen earlier attacked the ugly kids and I can’t remember much more.

Now, I watched the movie adaption of Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy yesterday. It doesn’t follow the book exactly, but it’s trippy none-the-less. So that might be one of the reasons for this dream. Unless my subconcious is trying to tell me something about the rest of Season Six... Nah, not likely. (I hope.)

Last edited by Mulch; 02-25-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Mulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #376
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

I had a dream that sounds made-up but it wasn't.

It took place where I live, I was standing there just doing that and then a T-rex that looks like one from Jurassic park(off topic Sorry!)Started charging towards me, then Red appeared and chased the T-rex away.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #377
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

OK, here's another one that I dreamed yesterday:

I was sitting on a couch watching TV in the house I lived in many years ago, and I suddenly decided I wanted to watch Foster's. So I got up, grabbed this bootleg DVD of Foster's, and put it into my DVD player above the TV. The DVD didn't have any menus, and it took only a second to load. I start watching while still standing in front of the TV.

Right away, the TV screen shows the dinner date scene from "Frankie my Dear", with significant differences from the original. The first thing I noticed was that the background and extra people are all portrayed as in real-life, and the only cartoon characters around are the Foster's characters (like the style of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"). The restaurant decor is also quite different from Futurpoup. While the generic atmosphere color and carpeting appeared similar (reddish-brown), the place had lots of real fire torches hanging on the walls, which also had generic Greek-looking decorative items placed on them: Corinthian columns, and full-size marble statues of what looked like Greek gods and goddesses.

I also notice people talking in Italian, so I figure that the DVD is an Italian bootleg (I took 2 years' worth of classes in college so I still remember something). Suddenly I'm transported into the scene, and I'm sitting at the same round table with Frankie and Dylan. Also, there are several other people eating with us at the same table: Bloo, Eduardo, Mac, and some other nondescript humans (who look human, not cartoonish). Pizza delivery boy and Princey were missing, so perhaps they somehow morphed to real-life looking people in my dream. This also means that Orlando Bloo (costumed combination of Bloo, Mac, and Pizza boy) was not in my dream; each person had his/her own seat.

Now that I'm sitting in this table, I overhear one of the random humans counting, and notice that the wording sounds similar the Spanish-speaking car salesman from the Deo episode, but he's speaking and counting in Italian and the numbers are slightly different. Something happens without me noticing, which suddenly makes Frankie mad (she makes that face right before she punches Dylan in the actual Foster's episode). However, in my dream, Frankie's anger causes thunderclaps and lightning to appear everywhere inside the restaurant, and this fearsome power gradually brings all the Greek statues to life! I look around and see the angered faces and yells of the gods, who, being omniscient, approach menacingly towards various customers on the tables around me, whom these gods perceive to be sinners. One of the gods yells at some gentleman, accusing him of being unfaithful to his wife, and proceeds to turn him to stone. Flashes of lightning cover the poor man, and with agony covering his face, he petrifies before my eyes.

That's all I remember, then my mind went black or switched to some other dream that I don't recall.

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 05-03-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Frankie_4_Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #378
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_4_Prez View Post
Something happens without me noticing, which suddenly makes Frankie mad (she makes that face right before she punches Dylan in the actual Foster's episode). However, in my dream, Frankie's anger causes thunderclaps and lightning to appear everywhere inside the restaurant, and this fearsome power gradually brings all the Greek statues to life! I look around and see the angered faces and yells of the gods, who, being omniscient, approach menacingly towards various customers on the tables around me, whom these gods perceive to be sinners. One of the gods yells at some gentleman, accusing him of being unfaithful to his wife, and proceeds to turn him to stone. Flashes of lightning cover the poor man, and with agony covering his face, he petrifies before my eyes.
That was awesome! Bazaar, but awesome! I especially love how Frankie's anger triggers lightning and thunder, and brings the statues to life. And then they go around judging random people for the bad things they've done.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #379
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

I guess that shows that at least in my mind, Frankie = Goddess.

Also, if you think about it, the idea of actual gods being used as decoration is kinda strange, so I like to imagine that Frankie's super powers could bring any random object (not just statues) to life, whereupon they start passing judgment on humanity gone astray.

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 05-03-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Frankie_4_Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #380
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Last night I had a dream that Midway released another Foster's Nintendo DS game, this time based on "Jackie Khones and the Case of the Overdue Library Crook." Though the only thing the game had in common with the episode was the fact it had Mac and Jackie Khones in it.

The game itself was a top down action adventure game (Think old school "Legend of Zelda") where you controlled Mac, with Jackie Khones sitting in the palm of Mac's hand, and all you did was walk around and shoot bottles of ketchup and mustard at any person or rabid dog that happened to get in your way. (Jackie was the one doing the shooting) Oh and once in a while the game switched to a first person "rail shooter" (Think "House of the Dead") where once again you shot ketchup and mustard at anyone in your cross hairs.

I wonder if I should pitch this idea to Midway? Even though it has little or nothing to do with the episode from which it was based on...unless there was a deleted scene in which Mac and Jackie went on a condiment fuled rampage throughout the town. THEN it would all make sense.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote