Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #41
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

My 5 least fave (no particular order)
-Blooooo
-The big leblooski
-Everyone knows it was bendy
-Bloo done it
-Make believe it or not
meh... there are more, but I only put 5 because thats what the thread is about.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #42
Kale
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via MSN to Kale

Blooooo
Where There's A Wilt There's A Way
The Big Cheese
Who Let The Dogs In
Land Of The Flea

Those are in no real order. The first three I just found boring in comparison to the rest of the show, and the last two, because I'm not too keen on Edwardo centered episodes.

--------------------------------------------------
...One Night To Push And Scream...

...And Then Relief...
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #43
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

I found this thread and its more upbeat cousin, "Top 10 Fave Episodes," quite helpful for a relative newcomer like me, so I decided to share my thoughts while moving the thread up the list (maybe so other new people could find these more easily). Just today I finished watching every episode of Foster's out there, so I could judge all more fairly.

Note: #1 in this case is my least favorite, and #5, the most tolerable of the 5. Also, next to the title, I put the writer(s) name, just for reference.

1. I Only Have Surprise for You - Tim McKeon
If there was a time I felt silly and embarrassed for watching Foster's, this was it. Mac felt totally out of character (he's usually nice), and I don't remember him being "crazy" on sugar, either. The plot was rather shallow and predictable, and the gags, other than maybe one, of the past Mac birthdays, weren't all that funny to me.

2. Foster's Goes to Europe - T. McKeon
Ugh. The sweet, caring, Famous-Foster's-Cookies-giving Madame Foster, filching tickets from an 8-year-old... riiiiiight. It's not like McKeon was a new writer. Plus, there was so much unused potential in Eurotrish, whose face they figuratively shoved in the mud and left her there to dry. Despicable end credit "gag" too.

3. Jackie Khones and the Case of the Library Crook - Darrick Bachman
Another episode where, in my opinion, the writer didn't fully use a character to his full potential. I view Khones as crafty, witty, and cunning, but he just kinda sat there for most of this episode--either in the toilet, in a toy car (which had Mac driving it), reading a book in the library, or floating in the pool. OK, maybe the last one wasn't his fault.

4. The Little Peas - Darrick Bachman, L. Faust
Plain old boring, topped with a re-used plotline that kinda left me with the taste of old, chewed-up gum in the mouth. Peas truly had good intentions, but the humor was seriously lacking.

5. Imposter's Home for Um Make 'em Up Pals - C. Lewis
Great concept, but awful delivery. Yes, Frankie is only human, makes mistakes, and is willing to admit it, but the writer pushed the envelope so hard, he pulverized the letter. Comedy, in one of its purest forms, uses hyperbole to make the audience laugh, but man, was this extreme. To put a positive spin to all this, it really goes to show the strength of Frankie's character for not breaking under all that pressure and going psycho on everybody. In the end, this episode had more creativity and effort (but of the wrong kind for the series) put into it, which led me to rank it "higher" among my least favorite episodes.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #44
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

These are in a particular order

5) The Big Cheese
I understand that Cheese is a very popular character, but this episode just further proves to me that Cheese is only good in small doses. All this episode dealt with was Cheese screaming, and while Blooooo was a screamer episode, that was entertaining. This episode... wasn't entertaining in the slightest to me.

4) Foster's Goes to Europe
I have to say... this episode went absolutely nowhere. Not only did I have trouble sticking around to watch this episode, I could not stand Madame Foster breaking her character like that. I've never known her to be a thief, maybe a little kooky, but she's supposed to be a big-hearted lady, and this was not her.

3) Cheese A Go-Go
Once again, further proof Cheese is only good in small doses. All Cheese does is run around saying "Gotta go" over and over and over and over until it's burned into your memory and you can't get it out of there simply because you hear it constantly. This episode was so annoying I can't bring myself to watch it again.

2) I Only Have Surprise For You
Just like Foster's Goes to Europe, somebody goes horribly out of character. This time, it's Mac, and I've never seen him act like this. To see Mac being mean spirited and a jerk made me think "He's such a nice boy, he'd never do that." Seeing it happen on the show... kinda hurt me inside as much as I love the character.

1) The Little Peas
Why did we have to The Big Cheese? The Big Cheese was painful enough once, now we have to watch a small, pea sized character I have not had time to attach to, for 22 minutes. It may have had some awesome backgrounds, but Peas was a character I could not attach myself to in ANY way. Also, why did Frankie just lose it like that and call herself a loser? Didn't Darrick Bachman watch Imposter's and see how strong she really is?? This episode is entirely useless to the show, and the episode it's revisiting.

Where is Imposter's? Well, thanks to The Little Peas, I've developed a new appreciation for that episode, because it at least has moments.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #45
blooX
Newly Abandoned

Foster's Goes to Europe
I like the episode but in the end I hated the ending and it felt way to meanand uncaring when they blamed mac I did like the rest of the episode well just not the ending and eurotrish bugged me after awhile

The Big Lablooski
First time I watched it I liked it but the second time I hated it I was never a fan of madame fosters friends there plain mean or dumb same goes dor when they were in Foster's Goes to Europe

Imposter's Home For Um? Make 'Em Up Pals
I hated this episode for another miss treatment of another character frankie this time I didnt get that imaginary friends sympathy towards frankie at the end when he was the on that treated her so badly the entire episode

Squeakerboxxx
I thought of this as sometimes good sometimes a waste of time because of all the good and bad points in the episode didnt mess well

Mac Daddy
I hate cheese I dont know why hes popular but I can say that this episode had good points but in the end I was annoyed by most of cheeses actions
blooX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #46
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

EDIT: Complete do-over since my reasons at the time were completely stupid, plus I have time to kill. I realize that no one will ever read this, but I just need to wipe the angry, unexplained list out of existence in favor of one that makes sense.

I Only Have Surprise for You
The show that's always been praised for being character driven does an episode that is entirely script-driven. Chaos ensues.
The problem with this one is simply that it's so forced. The characters are completely sacrificed for jokes. First off, everyone in the house is in on Bloo's evil scheme to embarrass Mac on his birthday. I just find it a tad hard to believe, with the established characterisations, that not one person, not even Frankie, Wilt or Herriman (or even Mac's own mother in the flashbacks), sees anything morally wrong with what they're doing. Still, that factor is a forgivable detail, especially compared to the gigantic, in-your-face problem that completely ruins the episode: Mac.
I mean, they weren't even trying with his character here. Intelligence and common sense, his most obvious character traits, are just pushed aside and ignored. Firstly, there's the point at which he pretends to go home. This is where the real Mac would to the smart thing and actually go home. Instead, Bizarro Mac comes back, hides in the attic and swears to go berserk and ruin the party, which he already would've done if he had just left! Next, real Mac would easily figure out that everyone would have been much more clear about a surprise party for that annoying thing that turns out to be Madame Foster.
The episode even points this out itself, like one of the staff writers realized that it made no sense and tried to explain it but instead wound up just calling attention to the flaw. (I did like the joke that Bloo hadn't thought about that and didn't predict every single thing Mac said, though.) Also, he's the only sympathisable character in the episode, and, despite all those "mean things" he does, is the protagonist and the one you're rooting for, and gets the incredibly short stick in the end.
Then there's Bloo. No problem with his characterisation; he's always a complete jackass. It's just that his unbelievably thought-out plans and gloating attitude make him annoying as fudge. Seriously, there are moments in here where I just want to punch him in the face, particularly the "One. Step. Ahead." scene. (I actually like to think that one second after the episode ends, Mac actually does reach out of the cake and punch him.)
The last huge problem is the fact that the plot, which is the thing that pushes all the characters out of the way in the first place, makes no sense itself! How on Earth does Bloo predict every one of Bizarro Mac's actions? It just... ugh. I mean, there are some funny jokes in there, and I really don't mind character torture anymore, but that's just not enough.

(Wow, I wrote a novel. I'll fill in the four missing episodes later.)

Last edited by Mulch; 02-27-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Mulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #47
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

In order.

Bye bye nerdy
Imposters home for um make-em up pals
Where there's a Wilt there's a way-Everyone knows its Bendy
Something old something Bloo
Better off Ed

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 04-30-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #48
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

1 - The Big Lablooski
2 - The Little Peas
3 - Sight for Sore Eyes
4 - Hiccy Burp
5 - Pranks for Nothing

In no specific order. The Big Lablooski is mainly on this list because it's on every. single. day, the others I just don't like. I do like Hiccy Burp for the fact that Mabel Licorice speaks in it, but apart from that.. meh. I've got better ways of spending my time.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #49
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

What's not to like about Better Off Ed? Anyways.......

5. Where There's A Wilt, There's A Way- Everyone was so darn selfish in that episode, they could have done all of those without Wilt's help, and it was THEIR fault Wilt missed the game. Then again, it's really BLOO'S FAULT. He could have gotten those chips himself.

4. Camp Keep A Good Mac Down- Bloo has been pretty selfish in the past, but this was just a kick in the pants for me. Bloo was beyond selfish in this one, and only cared about stuffing his fat face.

3. Foster's Goes To Europe- Europe? Yeah, right. They ended up getting stalled throughout the entire episode, and had to miss the flight thanks to Madame Foster!

2. Bye Bye Nerdie- Need I really say it?

1. Impostor's Home For.... Um...... Make 'Em Up Pals- This one made me want to kick Goofball in the teeth. Where do I begin with this godawful mooch? He made Frankie do his laundry and homework, made her chores more work on her, rudely awakened the smaller friends, ate all the groceries....... I could rant on and on about that jerk all day. >8(

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #50
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I haven't posted in this thread yet so I thought I'd add my two cents.

Imancipation Complication: This has got to be my most disliked episode. But even then, I have a hard time saying I "hate" it because, this is our favorite show afterall. That episode was just so full of injustice and wrong doings, it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Lil Lincoln was despicable, and even Bloo's total selfishness didn't even hold any charm for me. The only part I really liked about the ep was the very end when Madame F sets things right.

Imposters: This is a given since I know most everyone else feels the same way. I hated with a passion what Goofball and Mr. H put Frankie through. She deserved that day off, and she deserved to go to that concert she was so looking forward to seeing with her friends.

The Big Cheese: The yellow man was just plain annoying during the whole ep, he was giving me a headache. And then our favorite foster home for IFs was shown in the wrong light on TV. Everyone suffered.

Cheese a Go-Go: Much like the previous ep I mentioned, the yellow man was simply giving me a headache with all his yelling. The only part I really liked about the ep was Ed in the dentist's office. But everyone else suffered, especially Frankie. It was so frustrating watching this ep, I could physically feel the frustration and anxiety by the time it ended.

The Little Peas: As if TBC wasn't bad enough, they have to make a remake of it! And it centered around a one-time-only friend that we didn't know, and ended up not even caring for. I'd much rather see characters I know and like. It's like reading a story about a good friend compared to reading a story about a total stranger, and it wasn't even that interesting.

That's five there, but honorable mention would be Better Off Ed and Where there's a Wilt, There's a Way/Everyone Knows it's Bendy. BOE was just kind of boring to me, and Scrappy just annoyed me a little bit, and the other, it's probably a given again. Everyone just suffered! I know some suffering of characters is to be expected if storylines are to remain interesting, but sometimes the suffering is taken a bit too far.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote