Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #2301
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
What ticks me off is Cartoon Network killing off good shows like Fosters (I loved Big Fat Awesome House Party). But that was a while back.
IIRC Foster's wasn't cancelled, it finished because the staff were moving on or something similar, right? (I'm bad at remembering things)

But yeah, I agree with you, it always sucks when good shows get cancelled before their time :<
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #2302
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

While it was a shame Foster's was taken off of the air three years ago. Things did turn out well for the major creative forces behind the show, Craig has got a promising new show (Wonder over Yonder) set to debut on Disney next year, Lauren broke barriers with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, people like Rob Renzitti, Amy Keating Rogers and Tim McKeon (Just to name a few) are continuing to lend their creative talents to the current crop of animated fair. And of course most of the wonderful actors involved in the show seem to have no trouble finding gigs.

As for Cartoon Network, even they have been getting back on track the last couple of years, Adventure Time and Regular Show are two good examples of this.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #2303
AcornBulb
Settling In

You can say that sir, but let's be honest : new shows will never be like the old ones. The older shows had something special about them. I remember watching Foster's everytime before going to school. Nowdays, I ain't watching cartoons anymore, but even if I would, I won't have get the same feeling.
AcornBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #2304
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

That's just nostalgia talking. New stuff doesn't feel like old stuff to you because you're older. Many a YouTube commenter has fallen into this horrid pit before you; I suggest you climb out.

Personally, I think there's a lot of fantastic things going on in the world of animated television right now, including the three already airing shows mentioned above. Wander Over Yonder is going to be great too, in all likelihood.

Blergh, off-topic post.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #2305
AcornBulb
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
That's just nostalgia talking. New stuff doesn't feel like old stuff to you because you're older. Many a YouTube commenter has fallen into this horrid pit before you; I suggest you climb out.

Personally, I think there's a lot of fantastic things going on in the world of animated television right now, including the three already airing shows mentioned above. Wander Over Yonder is going to be great too, in all likelihood.

Blergh, off-topic post.
You have a point, and I must agree with you in some parts. However, nostalgia or not, the content of new cartoons got stronger in the last years, and kids can be influenced by that.

Last edited by AcornBulb; 11-03-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #2306
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Got a note from someone on dA this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WikipediaPlus
Hello ! Woooow! I just browsed through your gallery and man I must say that I love your art

I’m the founder of the Group #Spectacular-Art that focuses on art which is amazing to look at. I liked your gallery very much. We would be honored to have you join.

Plus we’re trying our hardest to become a Super Group so if you have any spare points lying around you wish to donate or just want to do something for a good cause then please donate any spare points to ~WikipediaPlus we appreciate every point given and donors will be FEATURED in our Group!

We would love to have you join!
Cassini is neither fooled or amused. Nice try.

The unabashed greed of the human species never ceases to amaze me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-02-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #2307
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Lol, the unabashed greed of the human species continues. Check out this gem that just popped up in my dA message box a few minutes ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSChannel
hi do you have 2700 points?
Seems that this person's dream is to extend his premium membership to 50 months. He already has a 20 month membership. From his current journal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSChannel
Can SOMEONE help me get 2700 points? i wanna get up to 50 months of premium membership... please? please? wont you please help me make my dreams come true before the BUY 1 GET 1 FREE PM EXPIRES!?
Indeed. For the record, 2,700 dA points = $33.75. NOT MY PROBLEM.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-17-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #2308
Imaginary Dream
Newly Abandoned
Dare to Dream of impossible things - They just might come true!  

Boomerang

As much as I love that they are playing our beloved cartoon again they now seem to cast it aside. They used to play four episodes, two Saturday and two Sunday. Now they have done away with Saturday's episodes all together, completely skipping the two in their order, and now are showing Ben 10 in Foster's place.

They also only showed one half of GWH! They should at least show the whole movie. I hadn't seen it in years.

Last edited by Imaginary Dream; 11-17-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Imaginary Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #2309
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I have to have a root canal tomorrow. I'm still recovering from abdominal surgery and now this. Plus my insurance won't cover it.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #2310
AcornBulb
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I have to have a root canal tomorrow. I'm still recovering from abdominal surgery and now this. Plus my insurance won't cover it.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you get better as soon as possible.