Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #21
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

At the risk of going futher off topic, yes you can find the Disney Afternoon on DVD lineup at most big box retail stores such as Wal-Mart and the like.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #22
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Yes, sorry about the distraction with this and what not. Disney releases "volumes" of their shows in DVD packs, they cram alot into one volume so your definitely getting your money's worth.

The ones I have listed are already out, along with Duck tales and Goof Troop. Any local store like Best Buy will have them, and if not, there's always online shopping. I'll shut up now .
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #23
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Haven't they made old video game jokes before? I might be thinking of Homestar Runner or something, but I'm pretty sure Foster's has made references to old games....
Old 12-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #24
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Haven't they made old video game jokes before? I might be thinking of Homestar Runner or something, but I'm pretty sure Foster's has made references to old games....
There's a Pac Man reference in "House of Bloos"
HomestarRunner reference was in "Bloo's Brothers"

That's what came to mind off the top of my head.

Has the second volume of DuckTales come out yet? Will the pilot episode be on it?
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #25
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
Has the second volume of DuckTales come out yet? Will the pilot episode be on it?
It came out a few weeks ago, depending on the episode guides will determine if the pilot will be in it. The DVDs are going according to production date NOT numerial order, so some shows pilots will not be at the very beginning.

Same thing happened to Rescue Rangers. But back on topic, does anyone remember a video game called "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" for Nintendo 64 I think? Anyways, Moose from EC looked EXACTLY like a ghoulie ghost from that game.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #26
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

I'll have to go check it out, thanks Mr. M.

I was dissapointed that the first set did not have the pilot episode(s), despite using artwork on the case that directly referenced it.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #27
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
There's a Pac Man reference in "House of Bloos"
HomestarRunner reference was in "Bloo's Brothers"

That's what came to mind off the top of my head.

There's also debatably a Homestarrunner reference in "Infernal Slumber", as the way the word possums is said is similar to the way it's said in one of the Teen Girl Squad cartoons. There's also a reference to "Twin Peaks" in the same episode, as Bloo does an impersonation of the Log Lady during Terrence's "dream".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow
But back on topic, does anyone remember a video game called "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" for Nintendo 64 I think? Anyways, Moose from EC looked EXACTLY like a ghoulie ghost from that game.
Actually, it was on the X Box, and was the first game Rare made after Microsoft acquired them. But you are indeed correct; I hadn't noticed it before, but Moose does indeed look like one of the ghoulies.

As for another secret I may have found, this goes back, yet again, to "Cuckoo for Coco Cards". Observe this screenshot:

I don't know if it's just me, but the girl to the far right with the hairband looks a lot like how I would imagine a really young Trixie Tang from Fairly Oddparents looking. Probably a stretch, but every time I see that episode, that's what I think of when I see her.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #28
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
They did a very small reference to Donkey Kong in the episode "Land of The Flea" during the scene where Frankie and Herriman were chasing after Eduardo, there was a brief part where Ed was throwing garbage cans at his pursuers and Frankie was jumping over them ala Mario in that game.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #29
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
There's also a reference to "Twin Peaks" in the same episode, as Bloo does an impersonation of the Log Lady during Terrence's "dream".

Actually, it was on the X Box, and was the first game Rare made after Microsoft acquired them. But you are indeed correct; I hadn't noticed it before, but Moose does indeed look like one of the ghoulies.
Darkwing Duck had a whole episode parodying twins peaks in his show, the episode was called "Twin beaks" and had the log references and everything. Btw WOW...I am freaking shocked that someone else actually knows Grabbed by the ghoulies.

I was the only one I knew that not only played the game and liked it, but actually KNEW the game existed. Most people never heard of it.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #30
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I haven't seen certain episodes due to the fact I got into "Foster's" late, I never really got into the series until I watched one of the super rare reruns of "Frankie my dear" (ironic isn't it? ). Some I've had to watch on youtube.

Other episodes I haven't seen aside from the wife one are "Eddie Monster", "Crime after crime" (saw like half of it), "Who let the dogs in", "Beat with a schtick", "One false movie" and the other half of "Duchess of Wails".

Yes I KNOW I'm a lousy Foster's fan for missing so much but I'm working on finding what I can on youtube to catch up so .
One False Movie is airing a couple times this month:
Sat at 1:30 PM
12/18 9:30 AM
Schitik is airing on 12/16 at 3:30 or 2:30 AM. Frankie My Dear is airing Friday at 1 AM & another tim ethis month. :O

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote