Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Rules and Announcements

Notices

Rules and Announcements Where the forum rules and important announcements are posted. You MUST keep up-to-date with the posts in here.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default General Announcement Thread

(Eh, just a thread for little announcements so I don't have to make a new thread for every little thing)

The forum is having issues with one of the modifications I installed so I have to fool around with disabling and enabling various modifications until I isolate the problem. I don't feel like shutting down the whole forum so I can do that, so if you're using the forum and something I installed over the years, like Favorite Smilies or whatever isn't working, don't worry. If you experience problems later though and this message has a note on it saying that I'm done, THEN let me know. Thanks.

edit: Okay done for now, everything ought to be back to normal.

Last edited by Sparky; 08-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Fusionfall Forum

I'm going to work on adding a new section to the forum for Fusionfall discussion now, and I decided to make a new category for games for it and BFAHP (and anything else similar that might come along in the future) - so there might be a bit of weirdness as I rearrange stuff. Or maybe not. I just wanted to say something though in case.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Sparky

It seems that our server has been having some issues with replacing equipment and stuff over the past month or so, resulting in momentary downtimes - I think this is more for the sql database then the actual website. You guys may not have seen anything but I've gotten occasional database errors on my end. Anyways I just got another email from them saying that on Sunday April 12th from 1 am to 5 am EST they'll be working on something and something may go down; that's a big enough window that I think we may see some actual downtime. Again I believe this is for the sql database not the website itself, so I guess the site will look normal but vBulletin won't function (no posting, searching, registering etc). Just a heads up.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Sparky

There might be some kind of downtime on the 30th, starting at midnight EST and lasting about an hour. It's the sql server that will be down and again this would affect the functionality of the forum, not the actual webpages. So if there's some wonkiness with posting and stuff don't worry, it will go back to normal.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
There might be some kind of downtime on the 30th, starting at midnight EST and lasting about an hour. It's the sql server that will be down and again this would affect the functionality of the forum, not the actual webpages. So if there's some wonkiness with posting and stuff don't worry, it will go back to normal.
I'm thinking this is over. I received a flood of vB database error messages between 9 (PST) and 9:14, and then they stopped. I don't know if anyone saw anything on their end or not but if so I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for sitting through it.