Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander
Default Awful Television Programs

What are some television shows that strike you as/having been awful? I ask this because I just recently saw the Sarah Silverman Program and....jeez, there isn't a word in anyone's vocabulary to describe how utterly terrible it is. I mean, I like stupid humor as much as anyone, but when that humor isn't...well, funny, to any degree, it doesn't work.

How about you folks? What shows don't you like, and why don't you like them?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
What are some television shows that strike you as/having been awful? I ask this because I just recently saw the Sarah Silverman Program and....jeez, there isn't a word in anyone's vocabulary to describe how utterly terrible it is. I mean, I like stupid humor as much as anyone, but when that humor isn't...well, funny, to any degree, it doesn't work.

How about you folks? What shows don't you like, and why don't you like them?
I haven't seen tSSP so I can't really comment, however..

How is it that a completely unfunny hack like Carlos Mencia who steals jokes and his only original jokes are badly done attempts at racism(chapelle did it better) gets THIS many seasons when an actually funny show like Stella only got one?(was it one? Maybe 2, I forget)

Drives me nuts.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Small Wonder and What A Dummy come to mind...And that one where the cop's soul went into the family dog when he went down in the line of duty.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
emperor26
Foster's Legend

One show that I felt was a waste of time was the downright disgusting Mr. Meaty of the now desperate network known as Nickelodeon.

Nick made a horrible mistake to greenlit this show; the humors consisted of only gross-out and toilet humors, the puppets are not only horrendous, they are nothing like the ones on Seasame streets and finally, the plot for the show was anything but impressive.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #5
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor26 View Post
One show that I felt was a waste of time was the downright disgusting Mr. Meaty of the now desperate network known as Nickelodeon.

Nick made a horrible mistake to greenlit this show; the humors consisted of only gross-out and toilet humors, the puppets are not only horrendous, they are nothing like the ones on Seasame streets and finally, the plot for the show was anything but impressive.
Nick never was very good at making proper business decisions.

I miss the days of Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts and You Can't Do That On Television.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

The incredibly unfunny Frank Caliendo (Fox's NFL pre-game) is getting his own show on TBS in November. Apart from that, any reality TV show will fit the category just fine.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Moonlight

What a freaking embarrassment to vampires everywhere. This show screws with the vampire rules just as much as the Blade movies did, only without the entertainment factor. The vampires are cheap, "Smallville" refugees who shoot blood up their veins like drugs and the acting is as dead as they are.

This is a crappy, cheaply made, and cheaply written wooden show that is nothing more then an "Angel" knock off and a crappy one at that. Which is an insult because I thought Angel was a magnificent show.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor26 View Post

Yeah, Nick really made a flop with Mr. Meaty. Gross humor's only funny to some wxtent, Nick!
And another show on the gross subject, permit me to bring up...
My Gym Partner is a Monkey. As I said, many of the people that it was aimed at can only take gross humor to some extent, and both MGPIAM and Mr. Meaty push that extent far too much.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloonan View Post
Yeah, Nick really made a flop with Mr. Meaty. Gross humor's only funny to some wxtent, Nick!
And another show on the gross subject, permit me to bring up...
My Gym Partner is a Monkey. As I said, many of the people that it was aimed at can only take gross humor to some extent, and both MGPIAM and Mr. Meaty push that extent far too much.
I have a hard time to believe that My Gym Partner's A Monkey made it with three seasons, let alone, be part of CN, of all network.

Anyway, I agree, Bloonan, both Mr. Meaty and Gym Partner went too far with their gross humor.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I know I'm risking my life by saying this, but I think the Highlander series was an awful show. The sword fights are just ridiculas what with all the sparks and silly choreography. Pair that with lame acting, writing, and the most oblivious bystanders ever (people walking around in public with swords hidden under their trench-coats and battling to the death on a very regular basis and never seen by passersby? Yeah right!), and you have one awful show.