Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #41
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I loved the fact that they actually got caught in a mobius loop in the end. That was the funniest joke for me.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #42
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
I loved the fact that they actually got caught in a mobius loop in the end. That was the funniest joke for me.
Yeah, that was funny. Especially when Chowder ate it, and you could hear everyone screaming, and then Chowder just shrugs it off. Now that made me LOL.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #43
The Huntsman
Settling In

This series is awesome. Cartoon Network extended the episode order, so there will be 20 episodes instead of 13. I haven’t been this excited for a Cartoon Network show since Foster’s debuted.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #44
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah, I like it a lot. My brother gave me his old TiVo at Christmas since it had a lifetime subscription on it, and I got a season pass for Chowder. I watch it all the time, I'm trying to catch up.

(Huntsman your avvie is awesome)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #45
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Yeah, I like it a lot. My brother gave me his old TiVo at Christmas since it had a lifetime subscription on it, and I got a season pass for Chowder. I watch it all the time, I'm trying to catch up.

(Huntsman your avvie is awesome)
Thanks; Panini is my favorite character, so I wanted to make an avatar that featured her. At any rate, you can find a lot of information about the show over at the guide that I edit at TVRage. All of the information can be accessed from the navigation list on the left; each episode has a tons of notes, quotes, trivia, references and so forth. I even got recaps written for each episode, sort of like what I used to do for Foster's back on TVTome.

Edit: I even made a 30 question quiz, if people want to test their knowledge of the series.

Edit II: The above site is undergoing some maintenance at the moment, so the links may or may not work.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 01-03-2008 at 03:36 PM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #46
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I'm really growing to love this show. It's cute and funny and different. I like the style, where you see a texture in one of the characters (their hat, their coat, their hair, whatever), and when the character moves on the screen, the texture stays in one place. It's just a different form of animation, and I'm starting to see a lot of it starting to appear. I find it interesting, and it draws my eyes in.

I'm not too fond of Truffles. She's annoying to me. But I love Schnitzel, Panini, and Chowder. They're adorible. And I'm still amused at Schnitzel always saying "radda". Change that for "coco" and it'd be all too familiar.

My favorite part so far is when Chowder is asking Mung Daal if he can make purple nurples and Mung says "No". So Chowder gets all bug eyed and tried to look as pathetic as he can and starts begging, much like yet another Foster's character we all know.....
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......"
"You can't keep that up forever!"
"Yes I caneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."
"Alright! Now stop it!"
"Trying to but I'm stuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......"
*well, it went something like that*

I also love it when whenever Chowder even sees Panini he has to yell "I'm not your boyfriend!" Cracks me up every time!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #47
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
And I'm still amused at Schnitzel always saying "radda". Change that for "coco" and it'd be all too familiar.
Oh! That's what Bloonan's been on about! I didn't want to ask, I thought there was something wrong with him. Yeh I'm looking foward to seeing this show. Why do we get stuff late over here? Is it a provision of GATT or something? No, no don't bother thinking about it. I expect there's episodes on computer but it really isn't the same.

Should I be listening out for any familiar voice actors?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #48
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
My favorite part so far is when Chowder is asking Mung Daal if he can make purple nurples and Mung says "No". So Chowder gets all bug eyed and tried to look as pathetic as he can and starts begging, much like yet another Foster's character we all know.....
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......"
"You can't keep that up forever!"
"Yes I caneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."
"Alright! Now stop it!"
"Trying to but I'm stuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......"
*well, it went something like that*
Actually, it kinda went like this:
"Please?"
"No, Chowder."
"Please?"
"No!"
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee..."
"Chowder..."
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
"Chowder, you can't keep that up forever..."
"Yes I can - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
"Chowder, no!"
"But Mrs. Endive let Panini do it - eeeeeeeeeee..."
"Endive... If that beast thinks her apprentice is ready, then my apprentace is more than ready! Chowder, get ready to cook!"
"Whoo hoo! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
"Chowder, you can stop that now."
"I wish I could, but I'm stuck - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

... Yeah I'd do great in a quotes section.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #49
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

This show is awesome. It's one of the last great CN shows still getting new episodes. (The others Foster's & Camp Lazlo)

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #50
don Jaime
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Oh! That's what Bloonan's been on about! I didn't want to ask, I thought there was something wrong with him. Yeh I'm looking foward to seeing this show. Why do we get stuff late over here? Is it a provision of GATT or something? No, no don't bother thinking about it. I expect there's episodes on computer but it really isn't the same.

Should I be listening out for any familiar voice actors?
Mung Daal is Dwight Schultz, who played Murdoch on "The A-Team" and Lt. Barclay on ST:TNG. (And is darn good, I can't recognize him.) Schnitzel is John DiMaggio, Bender from "Futurama" Endive is Mindy Sterling, who played Frau Farbissina in the Austin Powers movies. Gazpacho is Dana Snyder, who did Master Shake on "Aqua Teens Hunger Force." There'll probably be more odd voice actors with more episodes. Hopefully soon, this is a great show.
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote