Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
moonpony
Newly Abandoned
I brake for scholars, priests, and no apparent reason.  

Talking Chewy!

I would love to see more of Eduardo's imaginary puppy Chewy. I particularly enjoyed him in "Land of the Flea" when he is sleepily following the skipping Ed down the hallway to the beauty shop. That's exactly what my dog looks like when I force her out of bed in the morning! LOL!

Does anyone else here just LOVE Chewy??
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah he's cute. Though, there's still some confusion to me as to the spelling of his name. Someone I speak to at CN said his name was spelled "Chuey" on the model sheets and in the scripts, but his name has shown up as both "Chewy" and "Chuy" on the closed-captioning. I know "Chewy" is the cutest, but apparently it's officially "Chuey" - while the folks who do the closed-captioning can't make up their minds.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

There's a lot more confusion in Chuey's spelling of the name than there was for Terrence (not Terrance ). Anyway, Chuey is definitely a sweet character. I can't say much more than that.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Chuey! I love him. But I'm surprised... it's not Chewy but Chuey? OK. All those puppies were cute. I liked the other one that Bloo called Stupid too. He was so cute.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 AM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I'm not much of a dog person myself (I haven't encountered too many dogs who actually like me, so I'm left leaning ever so slightly toward Mr. Herriman's view of them - they make me kinda nervous), but I agree that he's a cute little IF (Chuey, is it? Chewy seems a lot more logical, given the origins of his name, but I won't argue with the official word). That said, I'd probably give the edge to his companion Stupid, for those sweetly appealling vocal chords of his. Though Chuey's special ability is still pretty cool...retractable canines - nifty.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-29-2007 at 01:48 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
moonpony
Newly Abandoned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Yeah he's cute. Though, there's still some confusion to me as to the spelling of his name. Someone I speak to at CN said his name was spelled "Chuey" on the model sheets and in the scripts, but his name has shown up as both "Chewy" and "Chuy" on the closed-captioning. I know "Chewy" is the cutest, but apparently it's officially "Chuey" - while the folks who do the closed-captioning can't make up their minds.
Well here I just assumed Eduardo named him "Chewy" because he was always chewing on things - Ed included! But I'm a stickler for spelling, so I'm glad I now know how to spell sweet Chuey's name.

I still think the occasional appearance of Chuey and his imaginary puppy siblings would be cute. They don't need to become part of a story - just part of the background.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
Jetbaby
Newly Abandoned

Sorry...is that okay?  

FWIW, "Chuy" is a fairly common hispanic name - hence the pun in naming the pup "Chuey" after 'chewing' on Eduardo's finger. Geddit?
Jetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbaby View Post
FWIW, "Chuy" is a fairly common hispanic name - hence the pun in naming the pup "Chuey" after 'chewing' on Eduardo's finger. Geddit?
Aha, that explains it. Thanks for clearing that up, Jetbaby.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

I adored the little dogs, be the name spelt Chewy or Cheuy. It was such an interesting thing to happen, we've all had, or heard of moments when a child brings a lost dog home despite the parents rules about no dogs in the house. And of course Eduardo out of the Fosters five (minus Mac since he does it also) challenges those rules when he finds this small shivery thing out in the trash. He's just the character who would take in cute little animals.

But man, when they were about to be seperated was so sad. It mostly reminded me of when we had to have our poodle Sooty put down because he as suffered from many a disease in his old age. When I was holding him in the vet's waiting room he kept nuzzling against me and licking my hand as if he knew this was goodbye.

Anyway; I like it when Cheuy, or any of the other imaginary puppies, make little cameos. Land of the Flea most definately, and I love the idea of Cheuy sleeping at the foot of Eduardo's bed whenever he's given the chance. I do know they also appeared in 'Crime after Crime' when Mr. H went into the toy room. Little dears.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
moonpony
Newly Abandoned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Anyway; I like it when Cheuy, or any of the other imaginary puppies, make little cameos. Land of the Flea most definately, and I love the idea of Cheuy sleeping at the foot of Eduardo's bed whenever he's given the chance. I do know they also appeared in 'Crime after Crime' when Mr. H went into the toy room. Little dears.
Ooh! I haven't seen "Crime After Crime" in a loooong time. And I completely relate to your story about Sooty. *sigh* SO SAD!