Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #41
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Those Cobra/Mongoose taxidermy things used to be EVERYWHERE; you could buy 'em at places like Pier One Imports at any mall. Every bar had to have one. Fortunately, they seemed to have fallen out of vogue. They were bad examples of taxidermy, they were tacky, and a horrible waste of a perfectly good reptile and mammal that would have both been better off devouring rats in their native land.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #42
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

You know I forget Benny Hill had been massive overseas. The french are supposed to be crazy for him too. Everybody watched it when I was a kid but there was only 2 other channels at that point. How strange to see it in Fosters used to good effect.

I bet Wilt going all floppy wasn't too popular. Hehe. Can't believe he had to apologise with everybody else. I felt sorry for Mac again because I had all that stuff when I was a kid too - lots of little dolls really though I certainly never kept them in their box. Never could stand kids who did that but they all had the last laugh when ebay was invented.

Nice to see Americans having what we call flea markets or car boot sales. I sometimes sell plants at these things and its true you don't see the human at its most noble. In fact you get a sense of we're all human-rats scurrying amongst our own rubbish but it's all fun nonetheless.

Can't believe how much money Eduardo has...

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #43
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post

Yeah, he should be a banker!

Well, like I said earlier, I also felt sorry for Wilt in this episode....especially when he was all shrivelled up toward the end of it. It made me feel so awful for him that I just wanted to run to a lemonade stand and get him something to drink! At least he was ok at the end of it, though.

I recently watched this episode again on TV and almost forgot about the Mario Bros. reference. That was great!
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #44
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
You know I forget Benny Hill had been massive overseas. The french are supposed to be crazy for him too. Everybody watched it when I was a kid but there was only 2 other channels at that point. How strange to see it in Fosters used to good effect.

I bet Wilt going all floppy wasn't too popular. Hehe. Can't believe he had to apologise with everybody else. I felt sorry for Mac again because I had all that stuff when I was a kid too - lots of little dolls really though I certainly never kept them in their box. Never could stand kids who did that but they all had the last laugh when ebay was invented.

Nice to see Americans having what we call flea markets or car boot sales. I sometimes sell plants at these things and its true you don't see the human at its most noble. In fact you get a sense of we're all human-rats scurrying amongst our own rubbish but it's all fun nonetheless.

Actually, here in the Southeastern US, we call 'em "flea markets", too, and some are very popular and have gotten really large over the years. To me, a "swap meet" is a get-together where people who share like interests in a particular thing meet up to swap stuff, like when us Studebaker enthusiasts gather to swap and sell car parts and/or actual vehicles or like when us arachnophiles get together to swap and sell spiders and scorpions. I guess different parts of the country have different names for what I've always called a flea market, though.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #45
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Us California rednecks call 'em flea markets too, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #46
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

See, I thought that "flea market" was a wholly American term. You don't often hear it down here.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #47
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

It felt weird to see all of the main characters get greedy over someone else's fortune. Though Wilt and Frankie deserved it the most. Lemonade would have only been like $1 probably. Poor Wilt was parched.