Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #1031
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

Sorry.......I'm dumb and forgot the rules there for a second.......man I feel awful now.......
FailedShapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #1032
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Forget about it; just be careful.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #1033
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

phew I just don't want to get anyone mad at me.....I've been doing good so far .......now I'm off topic.....

erm.....I've got nothing......I'm and awful Wilt-fan.....
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #1034
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Just because you can't think of anything doesn't mean you're an awful Wilt fan. You'd be an awful Wilt fan if you said he was your favourite character and then started bashing him like nobodies buisness...

I can't think of anything either. Sorry....
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #1035
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

We could talk about stuff from Something old Something Bloo....but then some people haven't seen it yet and that doesn't seem fair.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #1036
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I found it both cute and odd when Wilt first appeared as an old person, I mean, it was cute because well, he was ex-war soldier it seemed but kind of... different to see him so... wrinkly. Though I suppose it wasn't as bad as The Buck Swaps here when he is completely dehydrated. Poor guy....
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #1037
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

I loved the army verteran thing And for some reason....the pipe cracked me up
Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #1038
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I liked the whole concept of Wilt as a WWII veteran myself. I've often compared his nature, his willingness to put others before himself and his own safety, to the general attitudes of "The Greatest Generation". Back in those days, it was commonplace to find people like Wilt, and the freedom of the whole world was saved because of that. Now, most people look after themselves first and figure that the rest of the world will take care of itself. As that generation dies out, folks like Wilt will seem more and more odd and out-of-place, sadly.

What was interesting, though(and I'll put this in spoiler tags for anyone who has not seen the episode yet)
Spoiler Below
was that the nursing home readily accepted Bloo, Wilt, Ed, and Coco, even though it would have to have been OBVIOUS that they were Imaginary Friends, old or not. That does sorta go against a lot of what is said on a certain OTHER forum, about how Imaginary Friends, and Wilt in particular, aren't human and should not be treated as such. The nursing home did not discriminate against them for not LOOKING human, and apparently, the operators did not consider it that odd that Imaginary Friends COULD age, either. That does sorta bolster my little hypothesis(which can now be called a theory, I guess, since it now has some backing from the plot of the series)that even though Imaginary Friends probably live longer and age much more slowly than humans, at least while they can still be around children, perhaps-they DO age, and will eventually die.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #1039
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

Yay spoiler tags!
Spoiler Below
I just pegged the nursing home workers as gulible. It kinda makes you wonder if the friends really do age. I really like the idea that they age slowly, but still....now that I think about it, Wilt does look a bit younger in the Flashbacks in GWH.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #1040
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I agree with Failed Shapeshifter, those guys may have just been ignorant. I mean, considering that there is not currently, nor has there ever been (according to Adam, who I trust to know what he's talking about when he's being knowitallish) any scientific study on IFs, barring Douglas and Adam. So it could be very easy in a climate where people simply don't care enough about IFs to know much about them, for someone to get something as basic as that mixed up.

Last edited by Ub3rD4n; 06-03-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Accidentally released spoilers
Ub3rD4n is offline   Reply With Quote