Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #61
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I almost changed my mind about Wilt kidnapping Zigzag and taking the bus; I was going to have him charge down the road, dragging Zigzag along with him, then having Zigzag pull him to a stop when they're like, running through the park or something, followed by another argument and then Zigzag eventually trying to slap some snese into him. But I felt it was just... Too depressing, and I felt that something good should happen before everything goes wrong (Oh come on, you guys didnt think it would bee plain sailing from when Ziz dumped Ramone, did ya?)

I got your review, PBL, (I had my head phones in at the time, so the gun shot that sounds when I get an email defeaned me, thank you) and you'll probably be getting a note from me on DA or a PM on here rather soon, since I'd probably have a better chance penetrating re-enforced concrete with a plastic spoon than writing out everyday life it a state which is almost half way across the world to me. I really appreciate your offer to help me, since from here on, I officially have no idea what I'm doing XD

Last edited by Vampyre; 10-28-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #62
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I almost changed my mind about Wilt kidnapping Zigzag and taking the bus; I was going to have him charge down the road, dragging Zigzag along with him, then having Zigzag pull him to a stop when they're like, running through the park or something, followed by another argument and then Zigzag eventually trying to slap some snese into him. But I felt it was just... Too depressing, and I felt that something good should happen before everything goes wrong (Oh come on, you guys didnt think it would bee plain sailing from when Ziz dumped Ramone, did ya?)

I got your review, PBL, (I had my head phones in at the time, so the gun shot that sounds when I get an email defeaned me, thank you) and you'll probably be getting a note from me on DA or a PM on here rather soon, since I'd probably have a better chance penetrating re-enforced concrete with a plastic spoon than writing out everyday life it a state which is almost half way across the world to me. I really appreciate your offer to help me, since from here on, I officially have no idea what I'm doing XD

No problem-I'm happy to help. I make several trips to Charleston, aka "The Holy City", each year; I've got relatives and friends who live there, too. I got lost there recently, in the very same part of town that we glimpse in GWH, which is NOT a part of town you'll find on any of the tourist websites, let me tell you! The only good directions I got all day(I was looking for a convention center in the suburb of Mount Pleasant, where the Southeastern Studebaker Drivers Club was hosting a meeting and show) was from a member of the Crips, identified by his and his cronies' "colors", in front of a Voodoo shop off Rutledge Street. I don't know what was more interesting, the Voodoo shop, or the look on those guys' faces when a middle-aged White woman walked up to them and asked for directions, lol, even though they were doing their best to look menacing and threatening. This is one of those very old cities where you can be in a well-preserved historical section of town one minute, with art shops and five-star restaurants, where the upper crust of society still speaks with a slight British accent, and the next moment, you're in a crumbling, crime-and-drug-ridden ghetto, or just a bridge's span away, a tropical island, where the locals speak a language and dialect that's been almost unchanged since their ancestors were taken from their West African homes, centuries before.
You know it's gotta live up to that lable of "Most Polite City in America" when even the gang members are willing to give you directions!

pitbulllady
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #63
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

It only took me flippin' forever, but I finally dropped you a reveiw last night, Vampyre.

WARNING: SPOILERS

I loved this chapter. I was expecting something very sad, but then Wilt hauls off and kidnaps Zigzag. Dear God, I love it! It just goes to show that Wilt is willing to go to the ends of the EARTH for her, and what an amazing couple they'd make.

I noticed that Wilt's mind keeps going into the gutter more and more in these recent chapters. Read the following sentence very carefully: I'm not complaining! It's funny to have him think a relatively dirty thought and then go, "" X)

I love having them go to Charleston! It's fantastic and I'm hoping for something romantic to happen.

END OF SPOILERS

Looking forward to your next update! (And it had better be soon, otherwise I won't write my sequel!)

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
Old 11-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #64
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
It only took me flippin' forever, but I finally dropped you a reveiw last night, Vampyre.

WARNING: SPOILERS

I loved this chapter. I was expecting something very sad, but then Wilt hauls off and kidnaps Zigzag. Dear God, I love it! It just goes to show that Wilt is willing to go to the ends of the EARTH for her, and what an amazing couple they'd make.

I noticed that Wilt's mind keeps going into the gutter more and more in these recent chapters. Read the following sentence very carefully: I'm not complaining! It's funny to have him think a relatively dirty thought and then go, "" X)

I love having them go to Charleston! It's fantastic and I'm hoping for something romantic to happen.

END OF SPOILERS

Looking forward to your next update! (And it had better be soon, otherwise I won't write my sequel!)
LOL, Wilt is just the sort of guy who'd have lustful thoughts and be embarrassed about it! But, if Charleston doesn't bring out "something romantic" in those two, NOTHING will! Some of the tourist publications have referred to that city as "New Orleans Lite", since it's got a lot of that same ambience, just with a slightly more conservative twist.

Still, I'm for giving Vampyre plenty of time to get these next chapters right. She's never been to South Carolina, let alone Charleston, so writing dialog that's accurate for a place she's never visited(though I'm sure that the invitation is wide open)has to be tricky, to say the least. I think it would be easier for someone from the US to write dialog in "Black Country" English, since that's pretty similar to how Ozzie Osbourne talks, and EVERYONE has heard him, but other than Wilt, Steven Colbert is the only native Charlestonian I know that most folks have at least heard of, and he has no accent whatsoever(acting lessons). It's not just dialog, either, but local sights, sounds and VERY importantly, TASTES. This is a "food" city, known for its cuisine, again, much like New Orleans.

pitbulllady
Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #65
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
LOL, Wilt is just the sort of guy who'd have lustful thoughts and be embarrassed about it! But, if Charleston doesn't bring out "something romantic" in those two, NOTHING will! Some of the tourist publications have referred to that city as "New Orleans Lite", since it's got a lot of that same ambience, just with a slightly more conservative twist.

Still, I'm for giving Vampyre plenty of time to get these next chapters right. She's never been to South Carolina, let alone Charleston, so writing dialog that's accurate for a place she's never visited(though I'm sure that the invitation is wide open)has to be tricky, to say the least. I think it would be easier for someone from the US to write dialog in "Black Country" English, since that's pretty similar to how Ozzie Osbourne talks, and EVERYONE has heard him, but other than Wilt, Steven Colbert is the only native Charlestonian I know that most folks have at least heard of, and he has no accent whatsoever(acting lessons). It's not just dialog, either, but local sights, sounds and VERY importantly, TASTES. This is a "food" city, known for its cuisine, again, much like New Orleans.

pitbulllady
Ozzie Osbourne is what Black Country Folk would call a "Brummy", seeing as he originates from Birmingham, which is just outside the Black Country, so, yeah, you can see where he gets his accent. I'd imagine that it would be quite trying either way, since the Black Country is the only area of Britain that still uses terms from old English that you can probably find in Shakepsearian plays like "Macbeth" and "Romeo and Juliet", just slightly modified, even if it's not used as much as it used to be. The accent has grown to be a bit more intelligeble since the mid 19th century, back when the sky was still black and kids no older than five's faces were even blacker, covered in sut after working down in the coal mines...

I WILL try and update faster than usual, but, like PBL said, it is alot more difficult to write at the moment, since I haven't, and probably never will go to Charleston...

Last edited by Vampyre; 11-08-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #66
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Ozzie Osbourne is what Black Country Folk would call a "Brummy", seeing as he originates from Birmingham, which is just outside the Black Country, so, yeah, you can see where he gets his accent. I'd imagine that it would be quite trying either way, since the Black Country is the only area of Britain that still uses terms from old English that you can probably find in Shakepsearian plays like "Macbeth" and "Romeo and Juliet", just slightly modified, even if it's not used as much as it used to be. The accent has grown to be a bit more intelligeble since the mid 19th century, back when the sky was still black and kids no older than five's faces were even blacker, covered in sut after working down in the coal mines...

I WILL try and update faster than usual, but, like PBL said, it is alot more difficult to write at the moment, since I haven't, and probably never will go to Charleston...

OK, fine-- I'm willing to wait. Besides, it evens out since it'll be a while before I get my sequel really up and running like a well-oiled machine. I just now started writing it!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
Closed Thread