Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

Oh Great. So This will never end?
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Hold on, LaBloo. They'll still air episodes almost every day of Foster's. They just won't be airing those repeats on late Friday nights/early Saturday mornings (11 PM to 6 AM) from July 6th on. [adult swim](TM) is taking over that slot.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 06-24-2007 at 08:26 AM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

OK. That's Real Now.
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Adult Swim has enough time as it is. They really only ought to get more if they start doing something worthwhile again.

I thought it was nice to have at least one night off from AS programming.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

It's kinda hard for you to decide what's worthwhile. Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but many people still love Adult Swim. Having them schedule it for an additional night for those who hate it is no worse than the fact that Pokemon, Naruto, and EEnE come on 50 times a week for those who don't care for those shows.

Now, really I think this a test. I think CN is actually gearing up for a full split from Adult Swim in the next couple years. If it grabs a few more shows and the rights to some oldies it could be its own separate network on a separate channel. Just as Nickelodeon did with TVLand at the end of last decade.

I know it seems rough at first, but phasing out is just something that we all have to accept and expect. Just like Disney Channel and Toon Disney phased out all the programming that built the network, and Nickelodeon and Nicktoons are working real hard at doing the same, it seems that time has come for CN. At least we still have The Vault aka Boomerang. Though it would be nice if they would show something other than the same 10 Looney Tunes.

By the way, I find it hard to believe that people will still be interested in Family Guy 8 years from now. But I know I'm wrong. Episodes that are 4 years old still pull in more viewers than any other program on the network. Ah, networks, they go where the money is.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
It's kinda hard for you to decide what's worthwhile.
No, it's not. It'd be hard for me to decide what other folks find worthwhile...

I fully understand the network's motivation behind putting Adult Swim on friday, but I fail to see why I should like the idea.
I like Adult Swim (or at least some of it), for whatever that's worth.

I do agree with you that the block will eventually get it's own network, though they would need to acquire quite a bit of appropriate, additional progamming to pull it off. Perhaps some old favorites would resurface in the event of a spin off...
Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Ah, the nature of change. I'm actually all for this takeover the Friday slot. I mean other than repeats of shows that I've already seen a thousand times, there's nothing really holding that spot. Might as well experiment with the slot than let it ferment. The only thing we have to worry about is if this is a step down the path of no return. So many cable networks have alienated their fanbases by drastic changes in programming. Such as Sci-Fi Channel, once home to every old sci-fi and fantasy show you've ever thought about. Now it's a handful of decent programs and an 18 hour calvalcade of some of the worst movies of all time. Let's hope this isn't CN's fate. Though they are showing signs.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Ah, the nature of change. I'm actually all for this takeover the Friday slot. I mean other than repeats of shows that I've already seen a thousand times, there's nothing really holding that spot. Might as well experiment with the slot than let it ferment.
True, there isn't really anything holding that spot now. However, what if Adult Swim doesn't "experiment" with the timeslot?
If it simply becomes a 5th day of their typical weekday scheduling then it will just be another night of reruns, a different brand of reruns, but reruns nevertheless.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
True, there isn't really anything holding that spot now. However, what if Adult Swim doesn't "experiment" with the timeslot?
If it simply becomes a 5th day of their typical weekday scheduling then it will just be another night of reruns, a different brand of reruns, but reruns nevertheless.
Something tells me that [adult swim] on Friday nights/early Sat AM will be a lot like the other four days of the week. I don't see them doing any "experimenting"; we'll find out soon.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #20
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

I don't know if this is horrid, or good. I liked there being one night away from AS. It's just a thing that was done with the networks. It's a mystery amoung many. But why do it when summer starts, and every kid and his buddy will be staying up late every friday? That could lead to issues, like:
Mother: How are you son?
5 year old: *watching robot chicken* Fine mom.

Mother: Oh, my! What are you watching?

son: Cartoon Network.

Mother: Well this is no CN show for you to watch! *mad at network*
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote