Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:35 AM   #381
Cuckoo
Newly Abandoned

Eh, spammers/flamers/trolls usually bother me the most. That especially goes for people who spread chain letters, such as ones like, "SEND DIS 2 15 PPL IN THE NEXT 5 SECONDS OR U WIL DIE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."

Though I guess I'm being a hypocrite, since I used to be a spammer. XD

There are a bunch of other things as well, but I won't go into them, unless y'all want to hear my essay-long rant. XD
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #382
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
There are a bunch of other things as well, but I won't go into them, unless y'all want to hear my essay-long rant. XD
You may as well go for it; that's what this thread is for, more or less.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #383
Voxxyn
Banned

I guess I'll present my own list as well:

-Bullies
-Extreme jerks
-Trolls
-Many of today's stereotypes... but mostly the "geek who lives in his parent's basement" one, which pisses me off no matter the context it's mentioned within.
-Overly closeminded people(which are in endless supply at IMDb and GameFAQs )
-People judging things before they actually come out
-People who are unable to accept others for who they are
-Reggaeton
-Annoying, cringeworthy spanish-language love ballads
-Having to put up with either reggaeton or love ballads every single time I'm in the family car (I never get to put in the music I like because my family will always complain that it's too "hard-edged" or "weird")
-Crazy Frog
-Pussycat Dolls
-Sleazy fanart (I'm not opposed to nudity itself, but more often than not, it seems as if it's used in a way that is utterly disgusting)
-Lame, annoying vocals in rock songs (Like in the recent Guitar Hero II Xbox 360 commercial with the comet falling on the city, which has a good rock beat that is ruined by the lead man's earsplitting shrill that makes Jar Jar Binks sound good)
-90% of all commercials
-People who complain and remark about "WALL OF TEXT" everytime someone writes even the most modestly-sized paragraph (This happens all the time at GameFAQs... are people that illiterate? )
-The media portrayal of women as snide, conceited goddesses who "are oh-so-infinitely-superior to men"
-The lack of heart and warmth in many of today's cartoons

There's definitely more, so I'll add to it later.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #384
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The internet ticks me off, or at least it does now anyway. My connection has been sucking and I've been leeching off college computers, my dad's laptop, and this poor excuse for a connection I'm currently using.

Machines also tick me off, just when one thing starts to work 10 other things start to break or malfunction.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #385
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
The cables of my computer/monitor set-up are currently more tangled-up than subplots in a 1000-page mystery novel. I hate cables.
Mine always get like that. I usually just leave them alone and let them be tangled because I don't want to spend half the day fixing it.

I agree about Crazy Frog... they stole the sound file, there are people who are like "LOLOLO I DOWNLOADED CRAZY FROG ON MY CELL PHONE" and also he has parts that should not be there because he's a FROG.

Oh, speaking of annoying Internet things, I hate those annoying banner ads a lot of sites have that have lame smilies that startle you by yelling when you least expect it.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #386
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Angry ohMYGOD! NO W...*smack*

kageri just won this thread.

Seriously, next time I hear one of those fricking shrill-voiced irritating smilie adverts shrieking "OMIGOD!! NO WAY!!" at me just because I happened to scroll my mouse over it, I'm honestly throwing my monitor through the window. Why do they think that's good advertising? Surely only an absolutely brain-dead abomination of a human being would actually click on that link? Oh wait...yeah, that's the point of the advert.

The brain-dead abomination principle also applies to anybody who downloads a Crazy Frog ringtone. The saddest part is, I remember back in the day when that used to be a pretty funny internet joke...it was a just a website with a picture of an F1 car on it and that "ring-ding-ding" noise on it, challenging you not to laugh at it, which you inevitably did. Then big business got their hands on it, and all of a sudden people are expected to buy a single of that noise played over the Beverley Hills Cop theme. AND THEY DID.

So, in conclusion, I believe that all people should be destroyed. Hail ants!

EDIT: Oh aye, one more thing: why the heck do my torrents always upload data about five times faster than I download it? I'm not running a charity here, people; if I click to download a torrent file, it's because I want the file, not because I want to share it with everyone else! I don't want a good share ratio; I want my Batman episode nownowNOW! Everybody else can go scr....actually, I've said too much.

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 04-23-2007 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Djimi Traore.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #387
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannielou View Post
my retarded shower head which refuses to spray straight
CLR it!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #388
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

When people have a comment on something, anything, something like a detention for example, and say "OMG THAT IS SOOO GAY!". Can't people use words the right way anymore?
And those annoying teen slasher movies were kids are always getting drunk, doing stupid stuff and then everybody dies at the end.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #389
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannielou View Post
it's the hose unfortunately
pretty soon I'm going to duck tape it straight
it's kind of cheap and pretty much retarded, so duct tape will look good on it
duct tape fixes everything. Its the WD-40 of adhesives.

Last edited by Partymember; 04-28-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #390
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
When people have a comment on something, anything, something like a detention for example, and say "OMG THAT IS SOOO GAY!". Can't people use words the right way anymore?
I don't think it's a matter of "right way" because these days, words take on whole new meanings and it's especially hard to judge these considering that slang is constantly changing. Gay has become a way of saying "this sucks".

Or "this is crap" etc. I use the word sometimes, it's just a matter of preference for slang words. No slang word really bothers me except for "back in the day". I don't know why but it sounds so stupid to say it.

I just never liked the sound of it.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote