Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #1861
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

That must be very frustrating for you Lynnie! You sound like you handled the situation with a lot of class. Kudos to you!

Here's my beef this week: we were out of many items in our household, so I bought a lot of groceries. The male clerk packing my order offered to put them in my car. I drove up and parked my car by the front store doors.

I opened my trunk, but I was unaware the trunk wouldn't remain upright. He started to place the groceries in the back-seat of the car. I mentioned the trunk was open & he could he put them in the trunk. No response. I mentioned this again - that the trunk was open.

He continues to load the groceries in the back-seat of my car. Now, this is when I became upset with the situation - he *THREW* a bag of potatoes I'd purchased on the floor of the car! He carelessly tossed *TWO* 4 Litre containers of milk on top of the potatoes. He then said, "Could you have bought more groceries?!" and slammed my car door.

I phoned the store to speak with the manager when I got home only to find they were "out".

Last edited by Carlaz; 01-15-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #1862
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Call again. That clerk needs to be reprimanded at least.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #1863
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlaz View Post
He then said, "Could you have bought more groceries?!"
...Who says that??? Seriously, wth.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #1864
L.G.
Melvineer

It is brutally cold in western Pennsylvania with wind chills at -10 ºF (about -23.3 ºC) and the actual temperature at 7 ºF (about -13.8 ºC) as I'm typing. Worse yet, tomorrow's high will only reach to 0ºF (-17.7 ºC). This is a problem because my truck's doors are frozen over, and I can't get in

Something else has been bugging me lately. I'm looking up local listings of used cars that have a manual transmission, and sometimes when an ad says it's a manual, I look at the photos and it's actually an automatic. Misleadin' jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlaz
...Here's my beef this week: we were out of many items in our household, so I bought a lot of groceries. The male clerk packing my order offered to put them in my car. I drove up and parked my car by the front store doors.

I opened my trunk, but I was unaware the trunk wouldn't remain upright. He started to place the groceries in the back-seat of the car. I mentioned the trunk was open & he could he put them in the trunk. No response. I mentioned this again - that the trunk was open.

He continues to load the groceries in the back-seat of my car. Now, this is when I became upset with the situation - he *THREW* a bag of potatoes I'd purchased on the floor of the car! He carelessly tossed *TWO* 4 Litre containers of milk on top of the potatoes. He then said, "Could you have bought more groceries?!" and slammed my car door.

I phoned the store to speak with the manager when I got home only to find they were "out".
Given that kind of "service", you should probably find another store that sells groceries: you deserve better than what took place that day.

Last edited by L.G.; 01-15-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot somethin'
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #1865
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
It is brutally cold in western Pennsylvania with wind chills at -10 ºF (about -23.3 ºC) and the actual temperature at 7 ºF (about -13.8 ºC) as I'm typing. Worse yet, tomorrow's high will only reach to 0ºF (-17.7 ºC). This is a problem because my truck's doors are frozen over, and I can't get in
Boy, I know how that is. What a pain. Do you have access to a hair dryer and a long extension cord? A hot-rod curling iron or hair straightener can also work, and without an extension cord. Although you may have to heat it up again if the ice is really thick. I've also seen key chains that somehow melt the ice around your door. Not sure how they work, I've never handled one, but I've seen them around.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #1866
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

I actually wasn't even going to go on this thread, but something really irked me today. To begin, let me state I don't tend to get angered very easily. I don't seem to have the ability. In fact, it takes a lot to simply annoy me. (I am very mellow.)

But today, my peers went too far! Not only was I feeling terrible from having an asthma attack earlier in the day, but people were very noisy today. It took practically half of all of my bells for the students to quite down. This means I got basically no work done at school, which means I could have stayed home for a sick day. BUT NOT ONLY THIS, in my final class people were disrespecting the teacher more than usual! So not only were they wasting my time, but they were being rude. (I somewhat have a problem with rude people...I am like Hannibal Lecter!) Right when I was about to shout at the top of my longs for them to "Shut their mouths!", the bell rang. So after taking a nap on the bus, I felt hunky-dory again.

Actually, this was more like me complaining about my day...Meh.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #1867
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Boy, I know how that is. What a pain. Do you have access to a hair dryer and a long extension cord? A hot-rod curling iron or hair straightener can also work, and without an extension cord. Although you may have to heat it up again if the ice is really thick. I've also seen key chains that somehow melt the ice around your door. Not sure how they work, I've never handled one, but I've seen them around.
I don't have a hair dryer or any of the other items you've listed, so I'm probably going to have to call AAA if I can't get into my truck tomorrow on my own. And I still have to get over the snow drift that has built up behind my truck since Wednesday.

Last edited by L.G.; 01-15-2009 at 09:54 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #1868
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Heh, sorry, I didn't expect you had one of your own (I know you're a guy). I meant, if you know any girls/women who could let you borrow them if you needed them. I guess a clothing iron might work too, but they're bigger and it may be harder to handle when trying to target small areas.

I got stuck in the snow here a few weeks back when we had that big storm out here. I had to call in from work, because there was just no way I was going to make it without the entire parking lot at my apartment complex being shoveled or plowed. While trying to back up, my exhaust pipe got stuffed with snow, too. That worried me. If I had kept trying for much longer I could have gotten sick.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #1869
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlaz View Post

I've never heard any employee say something like that before. Also, what a jerk for throwing the milk carelessly on top of the potatoes.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #1870
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Youtube, and how the "password reset" email can't get to my computer.

EDIT: Now it's fixed.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 01-17-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: lol
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote