Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #21
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Holy. Cow.

I checked eBay just now. Nothing. <sniffle>

Nothing on half.com, either. They really need to release it commercially...
These were copies that were given to the people who screened the movie(yes, they had regular movie screenings for it just like any upcoming Hollywood release), and some of them put their copies up for sale on Ebay even before the movie was shown on tv for the first time.

What *I* would love would be a "special edition" DVD of GWH, with extra footage or scenes that didn't make the final cut due to the time constraint(or perhaps worries that they would be too intense), plus extras, like say, an hour-long interview of the main man by either Barbara Walters or Oprah, as well as commentaries on him and that adventure by some of the other characters, including Jordan. Seriously, GWH is worthy of its own DVD, given its popularity.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Well heck pbl, all the "movies" of like Fairly Oddparents and Billy and Mandy etc have gone to DVD. I have to wonder why HOB (on its own I mean) and GWH haven't. Apparently CN intends to only release the specials in the season sets. I think they should have been released separately. But perhaps they didn't think that would have made enough money. Or they think having the specials on them is the only way they'll sell lots of the season sets. But what do you expect? After all, CN seems to think skinny teen girls are the only ones who want to buy Foster's t-shirts. And that Cheese is the star of the show.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #23
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

If Good Wilt Hunting has to be sold in a Season set, it should come in it's own DVD, with everything on it, if not sold alongside the season set like some things do. =P
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #24
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I just saw this thread active again and got excited that there might be some news. Bummer.

I'm keeping my eye out for any news about CN's annual "Upfront" conference, in which we may hear not only about the future release of S3 DVD, but the show in general. It should be coming up sometime in the next month or so. I'm hoping there'll be some good news. As I'm sure, we all are.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
...After all, CN seems to think skinny teen girls are the only ones who want to buy Foster's t-shirts. And that Cheese is the star of the show.
Indeed. There are times when I want to tell the network and/or merchandisers, "Hell-oooo, I don't fit into a large but I'd like to buy a Foster's shirt! I'm willing to give you money in exchange for a shirt-- you should be jumping on this opportunity!" (Ah, but I go on!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
If Good Wilt Hunting has to be sold in a Season set, it should come in it's own DVD, with everything on it, if not sold alongside the season set like some things do. =P
I agree-- if GWH has to be released with a season set, at least give it its own DVD with some good bonus features.

Quote:
What *I* would love would be a "special edition" DVD of GWH, with extra footage or scenes that didn't make the final cut due to the time constraint(or perhaps worries that they would be too intense), plus extras, like say, an hour-long interview of the main man by either Barbara Walters or Oprah, as well as commentaries on him and that adventure by some of the other characters, including Jordan. Seriously, GWH is worthy of its own DVD, given its popularity.

pitbulllady
You and me both. You had me at interveiws and commentaries-- I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the events of the episode in retrospect.

I hope someone from the "putting-the-show-on-DVD" department is paying attention to all this-- we're giving them some pretty good ideas...

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #26
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I just saw this thread active again and got excited that there might be some news. Bummer.

I'm keeping my eye out for any news about CN's annual "Upfront" conference, in which we may hear not only about the future release of S3 DVD, but the show in general. It should be coming up sometime in the next month or so. I'm hoping there'll be some good news. As I'm sure, we all are.
I did, too. It looks more and more likely that we may have to fight for the next DVD. I'm predicting a late spring or early summer release for Season 3 at the earliest.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #27
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I don't understand why the dvd release of future seasons is so iffy. The show is so popular that you would think the dvds would just fly off the shelves. I just hope that CN doesn't consider Foster's yesterdays news and set it aside to capitalize on the popularity of newer shows.
Transformers Animated has proven to be a runaway hit and the upcoming Spider-man toon is bound for similar success. I just hope it's not at Foster's expense...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #28
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I don't understand why the dvd release of future seasons is so iffy. The show is so popular that you would think the dvds would just fly off the shelves. I just hope that CN doesn't consider Foster's yesterdays news and set it aside to capitalize on the popularity of newer shows.
Transformers Animated has proven to be a runaway hit and the upcoming Spider-man toon is bound for similar success. I just hope it's not at Foster's expense...
That, unfortunately, is more than likely; they've done it before with other shows, they'll probably do it with Foster's, too. Hopefully the show will have already run it's course by then and it won't matter as much. And, hopefully, it won't happen for a few more years.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #29
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid. But I really don't want to settle for an incomplete Foster's collection on the dvd shelf.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #30
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Which is why I burn my own. Most of the more recent episodes are missing the end credit sequences and are riddled with those aggravating splash ads (thanks a lot for both, CN) but it's better than nothing.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote