Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow
Default Weird Fan fic idea

I've been thinking about this a while now and I think this would be a great idea for a fan fic. What if someone came to Foster's but was NOT an imaginary friend and not a human dressed in drag (ala Goofball)?

I mean consider this: Foster's is filled with dragons, giant hairy purpled horned monsters, bird plane plant things, slime creatures and giant talking rabbits. If a REAL monster or creature or something like that showed up, how would you know the difference?

I was thinking this creature could show up at Foster's and Frankie and Mac and the others welcome the creature in, but when they talk to him, he doesn't seem able to understand the whole concept of imaginary friend and creator like that.

The idea is that how would you know if this thing isn't a real LIVE monster and not an imaginary friend? How could you tell the difference? What do you think?
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Voxxyn
Banned

What I wonder is how the creature would plausibly exist within the Foster's universe. Yes, it's a world where imaginary friends are as real as humans, but it otherwise seems like a world like ours, and not one where genuine monsters exists.

The only possibility is that, in the end, it's revealed that he IS an imaginary friend, and that he just happened to be confused and unaware at the time of his original conception. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to go with such an obvious twist like that.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Well the thing is, Goofball and Goo have proven that just cause it looks normal doesn't mean it is normal. Goofball was an imaginary friend but everything we saw about him indicated he was a human in disguise. Goo made copies of Mac and Bloo, and we didn't know they were fake.

That is until they opened their mouths....literally. Besides, I would think if people could imagine creatures like that Extremasaurus from "House of Bloo's", the possibility of a real monster existing wouldn't be that far behind. I'm not saying far out, aliens, or demons from Hell or anything like that.

But like the "boogeyman" kind of area, if you can think up monsters and creatures, why can't they exist in general? I just thought it would be interesting if they had a REAL monster or creature but didn't know if it was or an imaginary friend.

Or maybe a wild animal that for some reason has stuff on it making it look like an imaginary friend and they try to take care of it. Just like with the puppies Eduardo had, the idea is how would you know what was imaginary and what was real?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

Oh, ok then.

Just one more question; would that creature be lethal and dangerous, or a huge softie like Eduardo, or something in between?
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Or maybe a wild animal that for some reason has stuff on it making it look like an imaginary friend and they try to take care of it. Just like with the puppies Eduardo had, the idea is how would you know what was imaginary and what was real?
I think this idea has the most potential IMHO, like the gang could go to the Zoo or something and mistakenly bring home an escaped animal that they think is an Imaginary friend, or something along those lines,

But that is just a humble suggestion from me, it''s "your" story after all so anyway you wan't to go with it, is totally up to you..

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Just one more question; would that creature be lethal and dangerous, or a huge softie like Eduardo, or something in between?
I would definitely say something in between. It's no fun if you bring/find a wild animal and it's all cute and cuddly. The fact that it's an animal and not an imaginary friend means it will react and think differently.

It will be dangerous but the "fun kind". Wild animals react violently to certain forms of stimulation and I think that would be funny for alot of the characters to interact with.

Just take what we know about Foster's characters and put it towards an animal: Bloo's annoying, Herriman enforcing rules, Frankie trying to take care of it, Eduardo screaming at it.

Each reaction could cause the animal to do something different and that's the fun part of this concept, what it does in response. They think it's an imaginary friend and so they try to treat it like one.

The difference from this being like those surprise imaginary friends in like "Land of the Fleas" and "Imposter's" is that you know RIGHT AWAY that it's not an imaginary friend.

And by dangerous I don't mean bloody, torn off limbs or any crap like that. I mean what usually happens when people try to take care of animals that don't like them: eating their head, biting, clawing, mauling.

Like Bart Simpson with Stampy the elephant, or Sharky the sharkdog and how he always attacks Eek the cat. That kind of "dangerous".

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-13-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #7
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I don't have much to comment on, but I think it sounds like an interesting idea. It could work, but you have to present it right. As with all stories.

But it's a good idea; you should seriously think about that.

-Marty
Old 12-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #8
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Do it.