Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Default Stuff You Shouldn't Do

I wanted to start off this thread becuase we were beginning to go off topic in the flaming computers topic, so...

Things that are incredibly awesome but should never be done, attempted to be done or even thought about:

Wrapping a coconut in fiberglass cloth and then curing the fiberglass into a hard shell and microwaving the entire thign for ten minutes. It will make the coconut and the mircowave explode and imbed microwave chunks in your neighbor's kitchen walls (becuase you wound't be doing this in you ouwn home, now would you?)

Microwaving eggs gives you a lesser but equavalent explosion.

Apples will pop and fizz when microwaved.

If you use a bicycle pump to pump a two or three liter bottle filled halfway with water up to fourty or fifty PSI it goes really far up. You can put rotten fruit on top and on a good day you can get it out of sight.

If you get someone really strong you can explode a three-liter bottle, which will scare the crap out of anyone nearby.

We did this by accident at the pool one day. There's this playground clearing that's hidden from view by a line of treees, and we were launching bottle rockets, volleyballs, etc, this way, when we overpumped a bottle and it exploded. Man did we confuse the lifeguards...

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS, EVER. And I never mentioned any of it. *shifty eyes*
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Ahh... about the egg thing- when I was in sixth grade, I had Home Ec for a semester. They showed us this video about microwaving. It was extremely low-budget, so they used the same actors over and over. Therefore, a teenage boy was "a new father making eggs for his baby".

The idiot put it in the microwave (and, of course, it was an 80's microwace), and the egg exploded and took off the door of the microwave. We all cracked up.

-Marty
Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Here's an obvious one.

Don't shake a can of carbonated liquid and then open it up.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That one I've tried, and it works beautifully. Do not stand too close to the bottle.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 03-17-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Dude13
Settling In
Cruising through life without a single clue...  

If a parent buys a deep fat fryer and uses it extensively, but then needs to transport it to a relatives' house, a few reminders....

1.) First, make sure that either you've emptied it of grease, or at least pack it into a safe, stable position.

2.) If you are unable to do any of the above, then find a nice, safe hiding spot for at least two weeks, or however long it takes for your mother to clean her clothes or for the dog to smell normal again.

Gah, not one of my greatest moments.
Dude13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrocks73 View Post
Ahh... about the egg thing- when I was in sixth grade, I had Home Ec for a semester. They showed us this video about microwaving. It was extremely low-budget, so they used the same actors over and over. Therefore, a teenage boy was "a new father making eggs for his baby".

The idiot put it in the microwave (and, of course, it was an 80's microwace), and the egg exploded and took off the door of the microwave. We all cracked up.

-Marty
Lol!! Should newborn babies even be eating eggs? Is that healthy?

That reminds me of a video we watched in science once... it showed things you shouldn't do in a chemistry lab, and it showed a guy who was supposed to "accidentally" cut his hand with a piece of glass, but he was a bad actor and he pretty much just reared back and lanced his own hand... it didn't look accidental at all. Another pointer was "Don't wear flammable, loose-fitting clothing in the chem lab" and it showed a sweatered arm going over a bunson burner and the video was trying to play it off as a real arm, but it was a plastic mannequin arm being HELD over the fire like they were trying to roast a marshmallow on it. It was so funny!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:18 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I microwaved a dead rat once.

OK, let me explain that one...I have snakes, see? I buy pre-killed, frozen rodents to feed them, and like most of us, I sometimes suffer from a lack of patience. I am a product of the modern age, and I don't like it when things take forever...things, like, oh, the thawing-out process of a large dead rodent. Sooooo....I decided that I would expedite this process by sticking it in the microwave, just for a few seconds, you know. Hey, it works with hamburger and chicken, why not a rat? Meat is meat, right?

WRONG! Remember that scene in the movie Gremlins when the mom microwaves the Gremlin? It was a lot like that, only worse.

So, I can definitively add microwaving dead rats as one of the things you just should NOT DO!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:20 AM   #8
vannielou
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I microwaved a dead rat once.

OK, let me explain that one...I have snakes, see? I buy pre-killed, frozen rodents to feed them, and like most of us, I sometimes suffer from a lack of patience. I am a product of the modern age, and I don't like it when things take forever...things, like, oh, the thawing-out process of a large dead rodent. Sooooo....I decided that I would expedite this process by sticking it in the microwave, just for a few seconds, you know. Hey, it works with hamburger and chicken, why not a rat? Meat is meat, right?

WRONG! Remember that scene in the movie Gremlins when the mom microwaves the Gremlin? It was a lot like that, only worse.

So, I can definitively add microwaving dead rats as one of the things you just should NOT DO!

pitbulllady
ew.

sure thing, never.
vannielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:04 PM   #9
DoubleLatte
At Home

Not to be girly or anything... but that bit of information made me feel a little queasy...

Why does most of the stuff on the "Do Not Attempt" list involve microwaves? I stuck in a hamburger wrapped in aluminum foil once (yeah, I know, I know, but the wrapper looked like paper, I swear!) and it looked like a lightning storm was going in there. But it was awesome. Oh! Oh! And try sticking marshmellow peeps in there, too! I got only got to do it once when I was 9.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLatte View Post
And try sticking marshmellow peeps in there, too! I got only got to do it once when I was 9.
What happens? Don't they just melt and turn into a bubbling, oozing mess?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote