Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #21
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Seeing that from outside the noisy din of the convention center, I'd have to say that was pretty disappointing for a trailer. Not to mention that the clips from "Make Believe It or Not" had me fooled into believing it was based on that episode. To quote Wilt, I feel so stupid.

Now if they could make a game out of Cheesequest, that could be awesome.

Last edited by cartman414; 07-30-2007 at 01:10 AM.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I got to play test this game at comic con and to be honest it was a little better then I expected it to be, the game looked pretty good graphically and had a constantly smooth frame rate.

The controls them self were pretty simple. You had your basic jump, fire, dash and examine keys. And they were all pretty responsive, there was no instances of pressing the jump button and not jumping for example.

The play control was pretty tight as I didn't have any problems with the light platforming sections while jumping from one ledge to another.

From what I could tell there was no major issues with in game camera, which is a good thing as a bad or unresponsive camera is often the kiss of death for many 3'rd person games.

The build of the game I played did put to use both of the DS's screens, like in the previews all of the in game action takes place in the top screen, while the bottom screen is now used for the in game map (Which is a always a godsend for action adventure games that contain a lot of exploring, which is well what Foster's: II is.) and the inventory.

The touch screen was also used for some kind of mini game, which occurs if you get captured by an enemy one time too many, you have use the stylus to cut Bloo free before he faces the wrath of the Space Nut Boogie tickle weapon. I am certain we are to see some more sections in the game that use the touch screen in the final product.

So all in all I am somewhat impressed, and hope that the finished product takes everything that was good about the demo and builds on it to turn out the kind of game that proves to be another exception to the rule of thumb about licensed games being cruddy.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #23
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Does anybody have this yet? It was supposed to come out yesterday (the 12th) but GameStop says it won't come in until tomorrow.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #24
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Does anybody have this yet? It was supposed to come out yesterday (the 12th) but GameStop says it won't come in until tomorrow.
Yeah, I'd like to see a nice full version review from one of you guys about this game. My local Blockbuster and Rogers don't rent hand held games anymore (but still sell them o.O) so I'd have to buy it to play. I normally stay away from licensed games, so an "ok" would be good enough for me to pick it up (since it is Foster's an all XD)
Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #25
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

I had this on reserve. I'll let you know how it is when I get it tomorrow.
Quote:
GameStop gets new shipments every Wednesday, 11/12/2007 was the shipping date, the actual street date, or when the game is out on shelves and racks, is 11/14/2007.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #26
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I have it on reserve too, I'm supposed to get an automated phone call the night before it is available in the store. Nothing yet though it could still come I suppose.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

So I went today hoping to pick it up... BUT NOPE, they didn't get it in with their shipment! I got an automated call today from GameStop saying it was going to be in tomorrow afternoon. So to not set myself up for a wild goose chase, I'm calling them tomorrow afternoon to make sure it's right.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #28
Sparky

All right, maybe I will get that call too this evening. I didn't bother swinging by there today as I wasn't called last night.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #29
Sparky

Well I picked up my copy, haven't opened it yet though. Just fyi that it is indeed out today.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #30
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Cool, I can't wait to hear peoples opinions on the game, seeing as how none of the major game sites that I normally visit has yet to say word one about it.

IGN in particular is pretty annoying as they seem to be reviewing every single licensed game that had recently come out for the DS ...except for Foster's.

Not that I particularly put a lot of stock in IGN's reviews, but if they can find time to write up a review about the new El Tigre game, then they should also be able to find enough time to pound out a review about FHFIF: II.

Fair is fair after all.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote