Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #871
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
"All these years"? Foster's only has TWO years!

I wasn't referring to FOSTER'S years; I was referring to MINE.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #872
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

I kind of like the little mystery that is left.
I sort of didnt want anything like GWH, but meh. Im relatively pleased. If anything, Id be interested in some of the other friends history. As much as I love Wilts character, I love the others as well!
Id like to see the point in time Mac created Bloo. Too much Terrance beatings!
But, back to Wilt.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #873
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Actually, Coco's origian would be pretty interesting too, seeing as we didn't see her creator, just the dudes who looked after her before dropping her off at Foster's...

Anyways, yes spoil me too! Hopefully my nosy nature will pay off in time, and we'll finally see something else about Wilt. I'm worried, beacsue now that we have a forty minute long episode basically dedicated to Wilt, I'm afraid that maybe Wilt, despite of his hoepfully more confident nature, won't get that mcuh screen time.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #874
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I wouldn?t mind a few more flashbacks to Wilt?s past with Jordan, but I personally found out most of what I really wanted to know in Good Wilt Hunting, and I?m happy to read in between the lines from therein, at least so far as the family relations would have gone. I agree with pitbulllady that Jordan?s older brother was probably quite resentful of Wilt, given that, as the IF himself stated, he was never particularly nice to Jordan about his lesser basketball skills. It figures that he would perceive Wilt?s addition to the equation as a threat to his status as the family?s top basketball player.

The chapter of Wilt?s life about which I remain most intrigued would be how he supported himself between leaving Jordan and coming to Foster?s. I would welcome a little more elaboration on that period, though at the same time I?d enjoy having some room left for speculation. As people have stated, the torch for IF with the most mysterious background has now been passed onto Coco, though I?m not holding my breath for too many further details as far as she?s concerned. I would love it if they delved into her past just a tad more, if only to learn the identity of the kid who created her and what eventually became of them, but I imagine that the Foster?s crew might consider it to be truer to the nature of her character (obscure, largely incomprehensible and usually on a different mental plane to the others) if they didn?t.

Following the events of GWH, it?s possible that Wilt might exhibit a little more self-confidence in future episodes?my only concern there being that I don?t want his neurotic side to diminish too significantly. Part of what makes Wilt so relatable and appealing to me personally are his character flaws (naturally, the fact that he?s such a damn handsome gentleman doesn?t hurt his appeal rating ), and Wilt just wouldn?t feel like Wilt without them.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:37 AM   #875
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I wouldn’t mind a few more flashbacks to Wilt’s past with Jordan, but I personally found out most of what I really wanted to know in Good Wilt Hunting, and I’m happy to read in between the lines from therein, at least so far as the family relations would have gone. I agree with pitbulllady that Jordan’s older brother was probably quite resentful of Wilt, given that, as the IF himself stated, he was never particularly nice to Jordan about his lesser basketball skills. It figures that he would perceive Wilt’s addition to the equation as a threat to his status as the family’s top basketball player.

The chapter of Wilt’s life about which I remain most intrigued would be how he supported himself between leaving Jordan and coming to Foster’s. I would welcome a little more elaboration on that period, though at the same time I’d enjoy having some room left for speculation. As people have stated, the torch for IF with the most mysterious background has now been passed onto Coco, though I’m not holding my breath for too many further details as far as she‘s concerned. I would love it if they delved into her past just a tad more, if only to learn the identity of the kid who created her and what eventually became of them, but I imagine that the Foster’s crew might consider it to be truer to the nature of her character (obscure, largely incomprehensible and usually on a different mental plane to the others) if they didn’t.

Following the events of GWH, it’s possible that Wilt might exhibit a little more self-confidence in future episodes…my only concern there being that I don’t want his neurotic side to diminish too significantly. Part of what makes Wilt so relatable and appealing to me personally are his character flaws (naturally, the fact that he’s such a damn handsome gentleman doesn’t hurt his appeal rating ), and Wilt just wouldn’t feel like Wilt without them.
Yeah, that is certainly a very interesting and still-mysterious part of Wilt's life. If the photos in "The Big Picture" can be take with any degree of meaning, Wilt's been at Foster's for 22 years(with his arm already having been amputated when we first see him), but that ill-fated game during which his arm was crushed took place 30 years ago, leaving an eight-year period of time during which we know nothing of Wilt's life-how he survived, who amputated his mangled arm(and I'm totally not going with the "it just fell off and stitches appeared on it by magic" scenario)and sewed him up, how the scars on his face really came to be, whether he lived with anyone while recovering, and how he actually got to Foster's, which is on the opposite side of the continent from where Wilt is originally from.

I'd also like to see Wilt gain a bit more self-confidence and not have to deal with so much inner pain and guilt anymore, but at the same time, I agree that his sometimes-neurotic and unpredictable behavior is what makes him so believable and gives him so much depth of character, moreso than many live-action characters on tv. And yeah, it sure doesn't hurt that he's still one of the best-looking guys on tv, either!

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 03-07-2007 at 04:37 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 AM   #876
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
And yeah, it sure doesn't hurt that he's still one of the best-looking guys on tv, either!
AGREED!

I'm also very interested as to what happened to Wilt between IT and coming to Foster's. There IS a story on FF.net about it, but currently only has one chapter so far. Hopefully the author will update it soon enough though ^__^

I remember readin another fanfic sometime ago, about Wilt falling for another friend, ya da ya da ya da, but anyways, the friend runs away and he goes off looking for her, and he comes across these Imaginary Friends that he'd known before he'd come to Foster's. Imaginary Friends that had been abandoned and now lived in run down buildings and alleyways and such. Living out on his own for a number of years, Wilt must have had to, indeed, adapt to survive, but he also may have needed help, for example where to get the best food and such, so I wonder if perhaps he DID make any friends out there, whether they be friendly or not, and with the less friendly ones, how long it took him to earn their trust and respect.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #877
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
AGREED!

I'm also very interested as to what happened to Wilt between IT and coming to Foster's. There IS a story on FF.net about it, but currently only has one chapter so far. Hopefully the author will update it soon enough though ^__^

I remember readin another fanfic sometime ago, about Wilt falling for another friend, ya da ya da ya da, but anyways, the friend runs away and he goes off looking for her, and he comes across these Imaginary Friends that he'd known before he'd come to Foster's. Imaginary Friends that had been abandoned and now lived in run down buildings and alleyways and such. Living out on his own for a number of years, Wilt must have had to, indeed, adapt to survive, but he also may have needed help, for example where to get the best food and such, so I wonder if perhaps he DID make any friends out there, whether they be friendly or not, and with the less friendly ones, how long it took him to earn their trust and respect.
I've read it. It's called "Thread and Needle".
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #878
Rinny562
Settling In
"My life is a mock-umentary"  

Send a message via AIM to Rinny562

I'm interested in knowing how he got to Foster's too. It was said that he was going "clear across the country" I'd like to see his journey in finding Fosters. Must have been a long one. Not to mention if he cut the rest of his arm off or if someone surgically removed it. Maybe the journey there is where he got his other scars.

Something from GWH I'm kinda interested in is "who created Stats?"

Last edited by Rinny562; 03-09-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Rinny562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #879
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

You should ask that in the Stats thread, Rinny. It's in the Supporting Characters section.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #880
Rinny562
Settling In
"My life is a mock-umentary"  

Send a message via AIM to Rinny562

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
You should ask that in the Stats thread, Rinny. It's in the Supporting Characters section.
mk

other then that, I'd like to see at least one flashback of Wilt and Jorden when they weren't playing basketball
Rinny562 is offline   Reply With Quote