Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #1911
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Marley and Me

I love Owen Wilson. And I love Jen Anistion, although my adoration for the show Friends should be a dead giveaway to that. I thought it was a very good movie, wholesome, with some funny parts, yet believable without being corny. And, oh yeah, sad. I was having a hard time fighting back the tears. My poor mom lost it. I don't see her cry very often, so that always freaks me out a little bit.

But then it doesn't help that my sister's dog Keiko is getting old and is needing surgery because she's been throwing up more and more lately. And my mom's worried about her. It may not have been the best time to watch that movie, right before she has her surgery.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #1912
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Inglourious Basterds

Slum Dog Millionaire

Tarantino's latest movie is quite a piece of work. Its quite long and much different then what I was expecting, I must warn you the trailers are misleading as this movie isn't really a comedy and its not 100% completely focused on the "Basterds" alone as there are several other important characters and storylines going around in this movie. Its not bad it actually is quite better for it but its something that bugged me having them advertise it that way so I figured I'd let you know. Really good tense scenes, excellent acting, and funny (when it wants to be).

Slum dog I had been wanting to see for a while and after seeing it I was pleasantly surprised to see it was pretty freaking good. I still don't think it warranted the jack load of awards it got, I honestly felt Dark Knight as a whole was a better more award worthy completed picture then Slum dog. Slum dog was very intense, well acted, well written and very dramatic. The whole "arrest" part of the movie seemed a fuzzy a few times but overall it was very good.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #1913
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Slum Dog Millionaire

I still don't think it warranted the jack load of awards it got, I honestly felt Dark Knight as a whole was a better more award worthy completed picture then Slum dog.
I'm with you on that one. You should've seen the look on my face when Slumdog won EVERY SINGLE OSCAR that Frost/Nixon was nominated for!

BTW, is your avatar from Ghostbusters? I've just recently saw that film, and I really liked it!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #1914
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
BTW, is your avatar from Ghostbusters? I've just recently saw that film, and I really liked it!
Indeed it is.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1915
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Death Race

Obviously it's a remake of the 70's flick "Death Race 2000", which I haven't seen...to put it simply, very gritty looking, impressive cars and action sequences, but just a bit too over the top with the violence though, methinks. By which I mean the competitors die in various "creative" ways...

Last edited by BluebottleFlyer; 08-26-2009 at 01:36 PM.
BluebottleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #1916
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Mickey, Donald & Goofy: The Three Musketeers

Purchased it yesterday after seeing a couple of clips on YouTube (it was related to Mickey/Minnie moments. ), and I really enjoyed it. Even if it's REALLY short (it goes for 65 minutes!), it's still a fun film that sees Mickey, Donald and Goofy together again, becoming Musketeers and protecting Princess Minnie from Peg-leg Pete.

I think it's a great film, with fun songs (Sweet Wings of Love is one of my favourites) and a great ending.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #1917
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I got to say this has got to be one of the most original and creative movies out there, I was very impressed with the vastly incredible imagination this movie had. Very unique and very bizarre, the mechanical monsters in the film were very creative and original, excellent story and animation. Very impressed.

However, the characters really lacked any kind of "spark" or soul if you choose that word. They were definitely not your average characters for sure but, they really lacked any defining emotions or personalities that made them stand out for character development. Its a shame because this is a wonderfully creative and beautifully designed movie but the characters really lacked any kind of spirit, sorry to say.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #1918
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

So give me a... stage, Where this bull here can rage. And though I could fight, I'd much rather recite... that's entertainment.

Raging Bull

Martin Scorsese's awesome 1980 bio pic about the life and times of former middleweight boxing champion Jake LaMotta, which stands out as one of the greatest American made boxing movies that doesn't have the word Rocky anywhere in the title.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #1919
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Pandorum

One Hour Photo

Talk about a weird and freaky sci-fi movie, Pandorum really pushes the boundaries of just how eerie and creepy an environment can become, half the movie's major freaky parts was just the feel and look of inside the ship with the weird ass lights and sounds not even getting to the point of the freaky monsters. There were a lot of nice twists and turns I never saw coming which is good because initially I thought I had this movie figured out from the beginning.

It was intense scary and a great shocking freaky thrill ride, much like One Hour Photo. I adore Robin Williams in this movie and I feel its his greatest performance to date. Its a sad, disturbingly realistic movie that really shows you just what a lonely person is like on the inside. I feel too many people have forgotten this movie even exists and I was quite pleased to hear my friend (who I just showed it too) loved it because I feel its one of those hidden masterpiece kind of movies that no one is watching or knows about yet.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #1920
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Astro Boy

I just came back from the movies, and I have to say, this was really good. I really enjoyed this film. The voice actors are what made this film. Nathan Lane was really good as Ham Egg, Freddie Highmore did a great performance as Astro, and I couldn't believe myself when in the credits (and this is my Whose Line self saying this! ) Ryan Stiles was listed as one of the robots!

There was a lot more comedy moments than I thought they would be, and the relationship between Astro and Cora was really good. It was a great movie. I really enjoyed it.