Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:21 AM   #1501
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Juno

The difficult issue of teenage pregnancy has never been funnier, more delightful and more absorbing than it is here. Needless to say, I really enjoyed this film, and feel that it was definitely worthy of all the praise that it garnered. Admittedly, there were moments when I did feel a bit worried about the direction in which the story might be headed (since there was one particularly obvious route which, had it happened, would have been more than just a little too hackneyed), but they managed to side-step predictability very well, the outcome of which was touching as well as surprising, and Juno herself was a strong and likeable character. Oh yes, and I really liked that song about vampires which they played during the end-credits.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-26-2008 at 02:16 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #1502
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull

Despite people's complaints about the "plausibility" of this particular Jones movie, I have to say this movie was wonderful and everything I was hoping it would be. It brilliantly captured the charm and the gags that the first movies did so well, it really did feel like a real Jones movie.

The fact it was made so many years later didn't even phase me. Labeouf was excellent in his role and I loved the "wink, wink" notions to the old movies like Jones father, the ark, and of course, Marion. All in all, wonderful Jones movie. Much better then what i expected and had everything in it I had hoped for.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #1503
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull

Despite people's complaints about the "plausibility" of this particular Jones movie, I have to say this movie was wonderful and everything I was hoping it would be.
People were complaining about the plausibiliy of an Indiana Jones movie? Are you kidding me? It's always been an action/adventure series steeped in the supernatural. That's like complaining that chocolate tastes like chocolate.

Anyway, last movie I saw was Riki-Oh!: The Story of Riki.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #1504
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

The Magnificent Seven

John Sturges awesome westernfication of Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai" which is one of the best Western movies of all time. Filled with great perfomances from Yul Brynner, Steve Mcqueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn and Eli Wallach. Spectacular battle sceens and of course Elmer Bernstein's superb score make for a great trip to the old west.

followed by

Rocky 4

Yeah it's the one where Rocky is able to stop the entire cold war by simply winning one boxing match.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #1505
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

And Now For Something Completely Different

I must've been about nine or ten when I first saw this flick and, at the time, it served as my introduction to the fabulous Python boys. Despite completely blowing me away back in the day, I hadn't really seen a huge deal of it within the decade and three or four years that then followed, as Holy Grail and Life of Brian-saturated as my film-viewing experiences therein have been (nope, Meaning of Life hasn't been much of a shower either). But I was in desperate need of cheering up the other night and happened to find this lying around and so decided to stick it on and relive the memories...needless to say, it did the trick perfectly. This was Monty Python's first feature film, and though it doesn't consist of very much more than remakes of some of their most popular TV sketches (hence why it doesn't get nearly as much attention as Grail and Brian), with such a magnificent selection of sketches on offer, I'm certainly not complaining. It's hard to pick a favourite, when there are so many greats - nudge nudge, wink wink, the dead parrot sketch, Hell's Grannies, etc, etc - but if pressed, I think I would have to go with the camp military march...silly, and a bit suspect. Graham Chapman ruled, rest his soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Yeah it's the one where Rocky is able to stop the entire cold war by simply winning one boxing match.
Whoooo! Go, Rocky!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-28-2008 at 02:54 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #1506
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
It's hard to pick a favourite, when there are so many greats - nudge nudge, wink wink, the dead parrot sketch, Hell's Grannies, etc, etc - but if pressed, I think I would have to go with the camp military march...silly, and a bit suspect. Graham Chapman ruled, rest his soul.
Mine would be the "Twit of the year" that was just brilliant.

The last movie I saw was the hysterical and VERY underrated Dead man on campus.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #1507
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Hungarian Phrasebook skit

"I will not buy this record, it is scratched"
Old 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #1508
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

The Strangers

One word: CREEPY! This is a very realistic, spooky, and direct kind of movie. Once the creepy stuff starts, it doesn't stop until the end of the movie. Its very authentic and realistic, not your typical horror movie. The masks these guys have on are VERY eerie.

Not sure how I feel about the ending yet, its hard to put into words. However I recommend this to anyone who feels horror movies have lost their edge, this one certainly has not.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #1509
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Hokuto no Ken: Toki Gaiden

A recently-released "side story" for Fist of the North Star, focusing on the character Toki. Yes, it's super-obscure, but it is indeed cool. Raoh Gaiden was the best, though.

Last edited by Ridureyu; 05-30-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #1510
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Hokuto no Ken: Toki Gaiden

A recently-released "side story" for Fist of the North Star, focusing on the character Toki. Yes, it's super-obscure, but it is indeed cool. Raoh Gaiden was the best, though.
So, there was no James Avery (Uncle Phil/Shredder) moments on there, were there? I'm sorry, but when you mentioned Fist of the North Star, I keep thinking about the moments with that character Avery did on the old movie.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote