Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #501
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Lol not for me on forums, but on IM screens... that's even worse!!
LOL! YES! This happens to me all the time. I'll be talking to idrill, and I'll say something that I ment to say to somebody else, and we're both like. "LOL WHAT?" It's really funny/embarrassing.

{AND I LOVE YOUR ICON, SCARY_DREAM!]
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #502
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I'm reviving this thread to post about something that ticks me off. Actually, it just kind of baffles me.

I just saw another one of those accursed "KidzBop" commercials, and crop circles and the Loch Ness monster have nothing on how mystifying these CDs are to me. I mean, just.... why?! What is the point of dubbing over perfectly good songs with the crackling, chirping voices of prepubescent children? If I like the song, I'll listen to the original version, and if I don't, hearing scores of little kids singing lyrics that are not always kid-friendly and that they probably don't understand isn't going to make it more appealing to me. Why do these CDs exist, and who buys them? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #503
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I'm reviving this thread to post about something that ticks me off. Actually, it just kind of baffles me.

I just saw another one of those accursed "KidzBop" commercials, and crop circles and the Loch Ness monster have nothing on how mystifying these CDs are to me. I mean, just.... why?! What is the point of dubbing over perfectly good songs with the crackling, chirping voices of prepubescent children? If I like the song, I'll listen to the original version, and if I don't, hearing scores of little kids singing lyrics that are not always kid-friendly and that they probably don't understand isn't going to make it more appealing to me. Why do these CDs exist, and who buys them? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
i second that. theres, like, a million of them. and most people will never enjoy that kind of stuff.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #504
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah I know when once I bought a CD of 80's music and didn't notice that it was a cover band doing them all, I was royally pissed. It's *awful* and I couldn't even listen to it though I gave it a chance. Pop music isn't like classical, not just anyone can perform a song, even if they're talented. If you're going to do a remake of a song that's one thing because then at least you're putting your own spin on it, but a straight-up cover...I dunno, I just hate covers in general. And oh yeah, lets have a bunch of KIDS do it...brilliant. But I dunno, maybe those things really do sell well.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #505
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Oh, man, I HATE those dang things! Thank the stars my remote has a mute button; I use it everytime one of those commercials runs. I'd rather watch ads for Head-On. Why would anyone buy these things when the original music and singers are better? They're a total waste of time and money.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #506
montitech
Foster's Legend

Personally I am always wondering if they are breaking copyright laws. Did they ask for pemission??? proboly not. I hate those commersials.

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post

montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:36 AM   #507
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Personally I am always wondering if they are breaking copyright laws. Did they ask for pemission??? proboly not. I hate those commersials.

Monty
If Razor and Tie (the folks behind the series of Kidz Bop CDs) didn't ask for permission, however, I would imagine that there already would've been lawsuits over it. From what I've read, many of the volumes of Kidz Bop were certified Gold (sure it's not Platinum, but Gold can be enough to be considered successful for some albums).

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #508
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

ok heres another one.

i was playing a game of monopoly against this one guy over the internet, and i was having great luck. the most luck ive ever had at that game. he got mad and left, saying i was cheating or something. i really hate that. alot.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #509
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Youtube ticks me off

They took down nearly ALL of the Fosters shorts people had put on there, including the Pizza short I put up and got yanked down as well.

This REALLY has me sprouting veins and it drives me up a freaking wall when they keep yanking down more and more favorite movies and shorts from that site.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #510
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I hate it when I'm out doing my power-walk and I pass a house where there's a dog who's not tied up, and it barks and barks at me and runs after me. I'm usually not afraid of being bitten, but it is so annoying and embarrassing when other neighbors see us. Especially when they think that it's MY dog, and ask "Why don't you have him on a leash?" Blah, blah, blah

I hate it when I'm driving on a two way street and there's a car in front of me going rrrrreeeeeeaaaaalllllll ssssslllllooooowwww and there's no way to pass them. It's worse of course when I'm in a hurry, but even when I'm not in a hurry I get sooo irritated. Come on people, the speed limit is 60 not 45!

I hate it when I watch and listen to my microwave popcorn very closely to be sure it doesn't burn, but it ends up burning anyway and filling my apartment with that awful burnt-popcorn smell, and it lingers for days. I feel like such a bloofus...er...doofus.

I hate it when I'm parked on a slight incline and my arms are full of groceries, and I can't keep the door open long enough for me to place the bags in secure positions on the passenger seat and/or floor because gravity keeps wanting to close it, so I try to prop it open with my foot or knee, but sometimes I have to move and I lose hold of the door and it slams shut on my leg, and nearly chops it off because it's a heavy door, and I yelp, and other shoppers in the parking lot look at me like I'm an alien from outer space, and then I have this big bruise on my leg for the next two weeks, and am forever more terrified of my car doors.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote