Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #1071
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I hope to watch Muppet's Christmas Carol at some point soon, too. I grew up with that movie...
Funny you should mention that film, Vampyre, since only this morning I was watching a small selection of its musical numbers on You Tube, my favourite being "Marley and Marley" performed by Statler and Waldorf (I take my hat off to those two old hecklers). There's a firm place in my heart for that movie too, I also plan to watch it in full nearer the appropriate time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
You may be the first person I've heard of who felt a little bitter after watching SITR, jj. I personally think it's a monumental movie and a feel-good one at that. To this day it never fails to put a smile on my face. Jean Hagen does give an oustanding performance as Lina Lamont, but I don't see her as the scene-stealer that many fans make her out to be.

I can understand how an antagonist who isn't an all out terrible person getting such a brutal comeuppance doesn't work well today. However in the context of the film and the time it was released I think it works quite well. But you know jj, I think because of your interpretation the next time I view this movie I can view it as a black comedy. Something that I'd never anticipate from a musical from '52. I'm always open to looking at films in new ways, and to that I sincerely thank you.
You're welcome, and I do hope I didn't come across as too miserable in that last post. I take your point about films always needing to be viewed within the context of their time, but even so the way in which Lina was generally treated throughout left me with a fairly nasty aftertaste...in the end, I think she was just too easy prey. I guess I'll always have that advert for Golf (the car) they did a couple of years ago in which Gene Kelly, via the power of digital manipulation, turns his iconic rain strut into a surprisingly impressive techno-dance number(!) Anything that awesome is beyond ruination.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-22-2007 at 01:04 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #1072
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Funny you should mention that film, Vampyre, since only this morning I was watching a small selection of its musical numbers on You Tube, my favourite being "Marley and Marley" performed by Statler and Waldorf (I take my hat off to those two old hecklers). There's a firm place in my heart for that movie too, I also plan to watch it in full nearer the appropriate time.
That movie is a family tradition for me. Me and my family ALWAYS watch the Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas eve, just before we go to annual Christmas church service so I totally know what you mean.

We actually watch a bunch of Christmas movies over the month of December, like a "holiday theme" thing.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #1073
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
We actually watch a bunch of Christmas movies over the month of December, like a "holiday theme" thing.
With my family that's almost mandatory! Fortunately, I enjoy Christmas specials. My faves being the Muppet Family Christmas, Olive the other Reindeer, the Simpson's Christmas special, Nightmare Before Christmas, and many more.
Another Christmas special of mine is playing Final Fantasy IX in December. I find some games only feel right to play during a certain time of year and FFIX in December is my biggest stickler. But December is an important month for me anyway since it's my birth month.

Last edited by Medikor; 10-22-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #1074
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

The last third of the Ghostbusters movie. Man I really need to pick this one up on DVD.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #1075
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Spongebob The Movie

Seen it SO many times, but after showing my 14 year old niece that Foster's is better in English, I had to show her the deal about the brilliant voice acting in Spongebob, in English. Needless to say, she loved it (maybe not as much as I love this film, but enough to satisfy me)

For a roadtrip movie it's hilarious, colorful and brilliant (david hasselhoff, man...)
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #1076
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
The last third of the Ghostbusters movie. Man I really need to pick this one up on DVD.

Third Ghostbuster??? can you elaborate I never knew there was a third installment. or was it just forgetable.

My last movie was the 1960 version of Little shop of Horror (B/W)
it was good, no musical, but if you like those earlie 60 films it was fun.

Also I watched "Very merry muppet cristmas" with my two year old on Sunday. -one of my favorites.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #1077
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I believe he meant the last third of the original movie, not that there's a third GB flick.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #1078
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Well, there soon will be. But that's beside the point.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #1079
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I heard the new GB movie would be CGI
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #1080
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Sorry for the confusion. Cassini got it right, though. And is there really a new on coming out? I thought Bill Maury wasn't going to let that happen.