Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Rules and Announcements

Notices

Rules and Announcements Where the forum rules and important announcements are posted. You MUST keep up-to-date with the posts in here.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Arrow Scam and Spam Members

I'm making a thread for the "Scam and Spam" phenomenon of people who join forums just to post advertisements for products or to PM members with advertisements or off-topic messages. "Scam and Spam" is my name for it, but there's probably a real one. Anyways if you ever see such a post or PM please report it to us with either the Report Post feature or by contacting us.

Anyways we've just had our second member of a known forum-spamming group of people who join and send the same Buddhist-themed PM to members until they get banned. It's a "form" PM that goes:

Quote:
Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein
Followed by a website link.

If you ever get this PM, please let me know right away. Thanks.

If there's any other specific message or whatever going around I'd like you guys to keep an eye out for, I'll post it in this thread.