Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
TheVoid
Newly Abandoned

ENTA TEH VOID!!  

Cool Do you think goo is psychotic?

I know goo has a big imagination and all but, do you think she is psychotic?
I think she is. Just look at her! She is making herself look like a friggin' idiot! And only psychotic people make themselves look like a friggin' idiot. Reply if you think she's psychotic.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Keij
Newly Abandoned

"Kay"  

Send a message via AIM to Keij

I think you're over-thinking things.

Sure she may have ADD, or ADHD, but I'm pretty sure she isn't schizoid, affected by certain paraphernalia, obsessive compulsive, paranoid, or antisocial.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Its just called being a cartoon character. Sorry.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Here's how Doland's Medical Encyclopedia defines the word psychotic:

psychotic Psychiatryadjective 1 Referring to a person suffering from a psychotic personality disorder 2 Referring to a behavioral 'impairment that grossly interferes with the capacity to meet the ordinary demands of life', which may be accompanied by the loss of ego boundaries and/or gross impairment of reality testing DSM-IV.

I cannot, writing this as a person with some background in Human Psychology, as is required of me in my job, and as someone with genuine experience with children who HAVE been diagnosed as suffering from various psychoses, by a professional in the field of Psychology and Psychiatry, describe Goo as "psychotic", in any way, shape or form. NOR do I think that she "makes herself look like a friggin' idiot". It IS rather odd to try to ascribe mental health diagnoses to fictional characters, since without a medical degree and first-hand evaluation of a subject, it's just about impossible to diagnose a real, living person. The term "makes oneself look like a friggin' idiot" is completely relative to what the writer/speaker considers unacceptable behavior FOR THEMSELVES, by the way, and rest assured, someone, somewhere, at some point in time, will look at each and every one of us and think, "what an IDIOT", simply because we did something, or like something, that he/she does not like or would not want to do.

pitbulllady
Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Er, no, Goo is not psychotic. And no offence, Void, but topics of this ilk are getting seriously tiresome. I personally don't understand peoples' fascination with assigning real-life disorders to cartoon characters whose traits have merely been exaggerated for comic effect (and which scarcely resemble the reality of those disorders as it is). You might want to revise your attitude toward actual psychosis too - I find your definition of it to be exceedingly vulgar.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-30-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

There's a lot of sane kids out there that simply have overactive imaginations. I think that's the way Goo is. Like Bloo being self-centered, that's the way he is. Mr. Herriman's stuffy and uptight attitude, Madame Foster even said in House of Bloo's that he's always been like that.

So, no. I don't think Goo is psychotic.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Gulletless
Newly Abandoned

The needies need. It's their thing.  

Send a message via MSN to Gulletless

This is sort of incredibly rude and ignorant of you. Psychotic people make themselves look like idiots? You must be psychotic as they come.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
Xroc88
At Home

How do i know your not psychotic n00b.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

All right, you know what...this has long ceased to be any kind of discussion thread so I'm locking it.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-29-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Closed Thread