Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the series finale of Foster's?
A - Foster's went out with a bang! 40 75.47%
B 7 13.21%
C 4 7.55%
D 1 1.89%
F - A bust. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
Dmitri Karamazov
Newly Abandoned

Call me Mitya.  

Location: Currently Sibera. But soon I shall escape to America.

I freaked out when I heard the title. I'm both dreading and really looking foward to watching it.
This has been my favorite still-running TV show for nearly three years now (I didn't have cable before that..), and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm thrilled that we're finally getting new episodes, but I really don't want it to end. I hope they do it well. What I want is an ending that sparkles with the creativity and cleverness of the rest of the show, but has a certian finality. Something like the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes, where the boy and his stuffed tiger ride off into the sunset, friends forever. That would be sad, but satisfying.
If it any other way, I may start crying. I don't want Bloo and Mac to be seperated forever. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

I'm sure at this very minute you're inwardly laughing at me.

Last edited by Dmitri Karamazov; 05-02-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I don't know, but it certainly was not a typing error, as I am perfect.
Dmitri Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It didn't really sink in for me until I saw the ads. I have to say I agree with those who said that CN cramming all the final eps into a single day was a tacky move. (Not to mention the terrible pressure I'm going to be under to screencap all of them asap! )

I have to admit the question of whether or not Terrence will actually appear in the final eps at all is as pressing to me as how the series will end. Mock me if you will. But I've been waiting a loooong time for him to come back. Boo hoo, Frankie or Wilt was in so-and-such an ep for only 53 and a half seconds. MY favorite character has been gone for SEASONS.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #23
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Mock me if you will. But I've been waiting a loooong time for him to come back. Boo hoo, Frankie or Wilt was in so-and-such an ep for only 53 and a half seconds. MY favorite character has been gone for SEASONS.
Haha, ditto. Though I've long since had to accept that my own such favourite character was never intended to be anything more than a one-shot villain, and I'm pretty certain that we won't be seeing him again. It was always fun speculating about potential opportunities for him to return, though. And his legacy will always live on in me.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-03-2009 at 08:27 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #24
Corpse13
Newly Abandoned

The chocolate milk lives on..  

I'd, personally, die if it turned out that something went wrong and this ending won't be as spectacular as a show like FHfIF deserves. My bestfriend and I have been preparing for this the second we saw those commercials on TV, so we've planned this entire day out to do nothing but watch the show. Our fridge is packed with snacks, I've got enough koolaid that even Koolaid Man would be jealous, and there's a nest of pillows set up infront of my television-box which is also set to alarm when the Marathon starts.

I wish I could see Duchess again.. or Bendy. They may have been sorta evil, but they're the sort of friends I'd most likely have created as a child. Actually, I hope we see all the characters we can at least once more before the show ends..

Quote:
If it any other way, I may start crying. I don't want Bloo and Mac to be seperated forever. I wouldn't be able to stand it.
I.. I think that would leave me perpetually heartbroken.. but what if, perhaps, Bloo stays with Mac forever? It's not impossible, and what if he had kids? Bloo could be their friend. UGH! Now I must know! The suspense is killing me and it hasn't even started..
Corpse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #25
Xroc88
At Home

Is anyone gonna cap the finale? don't have my capture card plugged into my PC.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xroc88 View Post
Is anyone gonna cap the finale? don't have my capture card plugged into my PC.
Sparky is planning to cap all of the new episodes, and I'm sure we'll all be patient and not harrass her about it like this guy did. We were not pleased with him. She'll upload them when she has the time.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-03-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added link.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

And of course, someone has to handle them over at TV.com and Wikia (http://fhif.wikia.com)...

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 05-03-2009 at 10:16 AM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

This is it, guys. I will review all eps when this one ends.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #29
niagarafeline
Newly Abandoned

"So you finally believed the wolf! How little boy who cried of you."  

OMG

The ending was PERFECT.

I'll write more later when I'm coherent.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #30
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

When they said Foster's was going to go out with a bang, they damn well meant it.

Funny, I expected it to be all sad and depressing but it actually wasn't that different from any other episode. Overall, it was great. A great ending to an even better show.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Craig, Lauren, and the rest of the Foster's staff for making such a great show. I wish them well.

Mr_Bloo_Veins

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 05-03-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote