Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Default Mother of Mac

What are you're opinions on her. I've heard very many people say she is a cruel, vicious, evil witch thing... okay maybe not the witch part though. I personally think that she just didn't understand the concept about Bloo, and how he was basically real too, and other kids Mac's age still had imaginary friends. As a matter of a fact, I bet if Mac told his mom that other kids his age still had imaginary friends than she would not really mind. I just think that she isn't very supportive of Mac (and maybe of Terrance too) Is because she works a lot, like Wilt said.

P.S. Please don't hate me for not saying cruel things about Mac's mom...
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

From what I've seen she loves her kids but is probably too distracted by her job and all to see everything that's going on.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

His mom isn't really viscious. I mean, in Infernal Slumber, she did show love towards Mac. She just works WAY too much (she gets up at 5am to go to work and doesn't get home until nighttime? Whoa...). I don't really think she wanted Mac to give up Bloo because she thought he was getting too old, even if that's what she said in the pilot. I just think that Bloo was just too much of a nuissance to put up with, and she wanted to get rid of him somehow.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
His mom isn't really viscious. I mean, in Infernal Slumber, she did show love towards Mac. She just works WAY too much (she gets up at 5am to go to work and doesn't get home until nighttime? Whoa...). I don't really think she wanted Mac to give up Bloo because she thought he was getting too old, even if that's what she said in the pilot. I just think that Bloo was just too much of a nuissance to put up with, and she wanted to get rid of him somehow.
yes, I agree completely.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

As do I. I think she's probably overworked and underpaid and just wanted some peace and quiet, so bye-bye Bloo.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I still don't approve Mom of forcing her younger son to give up his best friend. She may have been overworked, underpaid, and stressed, but those things don't excuse her from doing what she did in the Pilot. I still don't like her, even though she did show some love towards Mac in "Infernal Slumber."

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I'm not suggesting that it was justifiable. I think in the world where Foster's takes place it's a cultural norm, a tradition, to be rid of one's IF by a certain age. How or why such a tradition would evolve I don't know; I do know that in our own world we have plenty of abhorrent, pointless cultural traditions that defy all logic, so I assume that other settings may have their own as well. At least there doesn't seem to be much in the way of social sanctions for breaking the tradition; Paul and Bowling Paul seem to be doing fine, for instance.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Neh, presumably the overall idea would be that anyone who keeps their friends has no real ones and so on. IF this had been happening since forever then the traditions ought to have evolved differently but I think it's pretty accurate as to what would happen if you just stuck it in todays's world.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Somewhere, a cartoon-fixated anthropologist has probably written a paper about it.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Maybe it was at least partially because Bloo was another mouth to feed. Another mouth to feed probably wouldn't be so hard if it wasn't.... y'know... Bloo's.

So it wasn't very considerate of her to make Mac give up his only friend, but without her the entire premise of the show (within the context of the show) would not come to be, so she's cool.