Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Default Out of Jimmy's Head

Discuss this show. It's currently on Teletoon on Saturdays at 7:30 am and 12:30 pm and based on the live action/animated movie Re-animated.

The show changed two major characters. In the movie, Jimmy's friend and his friend's sister were played by Asians. Now, they are played by blacks. However, they still have the same names (I believe).

For those who don't know, in Re-animated, Jimmy was a 12 year old who was more or less walked over until a field trip to an amusement park he was hit by a train and had to have a brain operation where they gave him the brain of the park's late founder. As a result, Jimmy can now see and talk to cartoon characters the park's owner created, though no one else can see them or any damage the cartoon characters cause. The series continues where the movie left off.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy View Post
Discuss this show.
...Are you not going to, then?

I thought we had a thread for this, but maybe not. I do remember a lot of people hating it, but maybe I'm thinking of another forum. I've seen little of it, but what I saw, I thought was awful.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Thankfully, the show is no longer in production. No disrespect to Tim McKeon and Adam Pava (former writers for Foster's for a few seasons), but I certainly thought that Out of Jimmy's Head was a big miss.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Thankfully, the show is no longer in production. No disrespect to Tim McKeon and Adam Pava (former writers for Foster's for a few seasons), but I certainly thought that Out of Jimmy's Head was a big miss.
You're not the only one feeling that way.
That show was a flop.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I never saw more than a few minutes at the end (it was on right before Foster's) but that was more than enough for me. I thought it was garbage; no entertainment value whatsoever. The huge splash ads for the show during Foster's didn't help, either. Even Squirrel Boy ranked higher in my view.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I found the show annoying most of the time, not really because it was mostly live action, but because it just wasn't original. It had a lot of that "tweeny" feel that a lot of the cheesy Disney Channel shows have right now. But I have to admit there were times I found it entertaining. I'll always be a fan of "puppy love" and/or innocent crushes, and story lines based around them. It's just cute in my opinion. I really liked Tinashe Kachingwe who played Robin (Jimmy's crush), I thought she was a pretty talented young actress, and I hope she's able to score something more successful (and popular).
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote