Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #101
Another Castle
At Home

Thing is- and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before- does Foster's Home need to be a secret?

What would be the worst thing that would happen if Mac told her that he goes to Fosters every day?

Would she try and make him stop?
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 AM   #102
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
Thing is- and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before- does Foster's Home need to be a secret?

What would be the worst thing that would happen if Mac told her that he goes to Fosters every day?

Would she try and make him stop?
If you catch the season 4 episode "Infernal Slumber", Mac does in fact mention that he doesn't tell his mother about his daily visits and that if she did find out then she will make him stop.

Infernal Slumber was the only time that plot point was really brought up throughout the course of the series, because it served as the dramatic tension that fueled the plot of that episode, IE: Bloo holding a spontaneous slumber party at Mac's apartment in the wee hours of the morning.

Last edited by taranchula; 10-14-2009 at 05:37 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #103
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

^Well said. Mac's mother also said he had to get rid of Bloo, so she probably wouldn't approve of Mac seeing him every day at Foster's Home.

"I'm Mr Herriman and I approve this message."
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #104
Another Castle
At Home

I just think it would be better if they got it out of the way early on, and not keep Fosters a secret from her. It would just seem more satisfying and convenient. A bit of a pity we never got to see a meeting with Frankie and Mrs. Mac's Mother, as that has real potential

I've not seen Infernal Slumber yet, but despite my preference it still sounds like a great premise.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #105
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
I just think it would be better if they got it out of the way early on, and not keep Fosters a secret from her. It would just seem more satisfying and convenient.
Well it was implied that part of the reason why Mac's Mom wanted to him to get rid of Bloo in the first place is that she wanted him to "grow up" so to speak, and hanging on to that cherished symbol of child hood the Imaginary friend would be detrimental to that end.

As for why Mac's mother would think of all imaginary friends as purely childish entities despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Well I think living with the 2'nd most annoying imaginary friend in the world (Bloo) for five years and living next door to the most annoying imaginary friend in the cosmos (Cheese) would kind of warp ones view of the whole IF thing to that line of thinking. :p

That said if Mac's mother did find out that Mac was still hanging around in what she might consider to be a childish environment, then she'll might see it as threat to her sons development and of course put a stop to it.

Last edited by taranchula; 01-03-2010 at 06:35 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #106
Another Castle
At Home

Ah, OK. That makes sense.

I don't want to end up repeating what has been said in eairlier posts, but do we assume Mom works till late everyday? Or is she home around the time Mac comes home from school? I don't think it is legal to leave a 8-year-old and a 13-year-old home alone. Either way, I imagine Mac says he is going to a friends house everyday if his absence is questioned.

Despite an absent Dad and a bully brother I don't imagine Mac's life before Fosters was miserable or depressing. But do we think she has been a bad mother to Mac? After all, he does have very strong morals.

Don't think I'm over-analyzing a fun cartoon too much, I'm just trying to get an idea of this part of the setting more
Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #107
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
I don't want to end up repeating what has been said in eairlier posts, but do we assume Mom works till late everyday? Or is she home around the time Mac comes home from school? I don't think it is legal to leave a 8-year-old and a 13-year-old home alone.
I'm trying to remember when Mac always says he needs to get back home, I'm thinking it's 6. I've always thought that Mac needs to get home because that's when his mom gets home. And in the episode "Infernal Slumber", she gets up at 5 so, now I'm wondering if she works 12 hour shifts every day (6am-6pm). Hmm... And as for it being il/legal for kids that age to be left home alone, it really depends where you're from I'm sure, and exactly how long they're home alone. I know in my country there are plenty of 12 and 13 year old babysitters who babysit younger kids while the parents work, so they could be home alone for up to 8 hours at a time (although, if the parent is going to be gone that long, they'd probably aim for a babysitter older than 13). And as for being home alone for only a few hours, it's not uncommon for many school age kids (age 7+) to do so every day.

Quote:
Despite an absent Dad and a bully brother I don't imagine Mac's life before Fosters was miserable or depressing. But do we think she has been a bad mother to Mac? After all, he does have very strong morals.
There are plenty of people who think she has, but I personally don't think so. She's just a protective mother, perhaps a little over-protective. But that doesn't make her "bad". I've personally always seen a very melancholy side to Mac, and imagined that's due to what he went through when his parents divorced, maybe feeling his father abandoned him or doesn't love him. But you're right, he has good morals, and I'm sure it was primarily his mother who taught them to him.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #108
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Perhaps Mac's told his mom he's part of some after school clubs/groups so she's most likely thinks he's staying after school.

Though I wonder how Mac's mom would react if he brought Goo home (provided Goo doesn't blab about Fosters or Imaginary friends )
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #109
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

What mother wants a child to grow up at eight? That's the beginning of childhood right there.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #110
Nitwit
Newly Abandoned

I'm surprised the creators never answer what would happen if his mom knew that Mac has visited Bloo and even if she has. Would she be mad at him for it? Plus, they never go into who or what her imaginary friend is or what he (or she) looks like. XD
Nitwit is offline   Reply With Quote